or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. - Page 6

post #76 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanduh View Post
mmf awesome

These are definitely more awesome than a devil's threesome.
post #77 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Nice loafer, got a JM Weston look to me (instead of the Kiton thing someone else was commenting).

dunno what's the more strange comparison?
post #78 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post
^^Unreal.

What's going on here?:


the reason why the heel on a custom-/handmade shoe is "nicer" than on a machine made.
post #79 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
the reason why the heel on a custom-/handmade shoe is "nicer" than on a machine made.

That is called peening the heel. The leather is dampened and compressed with the peen (end opposite the face); this process helps to meld the different layers of leather in the heel to eliminate any gaps/spaces and also increases the heel's water resistance.
post #80 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoefan View Post
That is called peening the heel. The leather is dampened and compressed with the peen (end opposite the face); this process helps to meld the different layers of leather in the heel to eliminate any gaps/spaces and also increases the heel's water resistance.

exactly. thanks for giving a full description for the... ...probably "noobs".

ps: i'm not familiar with the english terms, for not being my mother tongue.
post #81 of 1235
I like the bottoming work and I think that stingray can be a beautiful shoe. What I would really like is to see a close-up shot of the stitching along the topline and facing.
post #82 of 1235
where's the rear seam???
post #83 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
where's the rear seam???
No rear seam as such...it's off to the medial side. See first post and the way the pattern is cut.
post #84 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post

Those loafers are the same?
post #85 of 1235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
No rear seam as such...it's off to the medial side. See first post and the way the pattern is cut.
Best shown in this photo:
post #86 of 1235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
Those loafers are the same?
Yes they are
post #87 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Best shown in this photo:
Can you post a close-up of this seam from the stingray shoes? Or again, along the topline and facings? Please.
post #88 of 1235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
Can you post a close-up of this seam from the stingray shoes? Or again, along the topline and facings? Please.
I'll ask Riccardo to make them. The shoes are still in Italy and I live in Amsterdam The pictures in this topic are pretty much realtime. As soon as he works on the shoes he mails the pictures, then I post them .
post #89 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I'll ask Riccardo to make them. The shoes are still in Italy and I live in Amsterdam The pictures in this topic are pretty much realtime. As soon as he works on the shoes he mails the pictures, then I post them .
thanks.
post #90 of 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Yes they are

Amazing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.