or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. - Page 36

post #526 of 1242
incredible shape and craftsmenship.

i agree that the croc is too much - but I'd still be quite happy to wear such shoes.
post #527 of 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

incredible shape and craftsmenship.
i agree that the croc is too much - but I'd still be quite happy to wear such shoes.

Do not get me wrong. I will be happy to have them as well. Just commenting on my wish list. Those are out of this world like everything that comes out of Mr. Bestteti's lab.
post #528 of 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

that thing is so sexy. damn.
One thing that's slightly annoying is the brown polish that's ended up on the stitching. Probably would happen anyway during regular maintenance, not a big deal.

In the long run, that extra polish will contribute to the shoes own patina that will look better with age.
post #529 of 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

In the long run, that extra polish will contribute to the shoes own patina that will look better with age.

I suspect it is deliberate.
post #530 of 1242
Meh...Norvegese and Goyser stitching look so much better when done in a 360-fashion.
post #531 of 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

I suspect it is deliberate.

I agree. There is always a method to the madness. Artists seldom leave anything to chance and Mr. Bestteti is no exception.
post #532 of 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

I am a fan of Mr. Bestetti, but I think the croc is an overkill. Like guilding the lily.

I hadn't even noticed the Croc lacing until I looked for the 3rd time. I agree that it was a bit un-necessary, but a Ballsy touch nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

that thing is so sexy. damn.
One thing that's slightly annoying is the brown polish that's ended up on the stitching. Probably would happen anyway during regular maintenance, not a big deal.

Personally not a fan of the white colored Norv stitch. Santoni & Lattanzi antique the stitch very nicely. I do agree with Sr. Meister that Bestetti wanted some color added to that stitch, but also wanted to stay true to the 1940's U.S. welt stitching coloring that harkens to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Meh...Norvegese and Goyser stitching look so much better when done in a 360-fashion.

The single drawback to 360 degree Norv (not as much Bentivegna) is that the shoes are left with wider waists. I can see here that Mr. Bestetti wanted to add the rustic charm of the Norv, but ALSO wanted to keep his signature slender waist. Thus the 180 degree stitch.

With Bentivegna, the narrow waist can still be attained when the down-stitch part is tucked in around the heels. Although I have NOT deconstructed a Santoni or Lattanzi Norv shoe (maybe I will someday), I am guessing they use a rand around the heel area and use pegs, like Vass.
post #533 of 1242
Thread Starter 
Have you guys seen his Tumbler blog? http://frecciabestetti.tumblr.com
post #534 of 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post

Have you guys seen his Tumbler blog? http://frecciabestetti.tumblr.com

Followed. Awesome.
post #535 of 1242

Awesome this,

 

700

post #536 of 1242
I like here where he falls in between the vintage American lasts and the 30s style strapping with the modern Italian panache and elan.

8129152885_75f4ac766a.jpg

A real bloke's shoe...if blokes wear croc/gator to work! lol8[1].gif
post #537 of 1242

This thread blows my mind.

post #538 of 1242
post #539 of 1242

one of the few bestettis that I actually like
post #540 of 1242
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.