or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. - Page 35

post #511 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Love the pics and really appreciate you posting. One question however. I see that all of them are in your size (a MASSIVE US 14-14.d), but none have been worn.
I can understand the G&G, as they seem to be relatively new. However, that is Santoni's Ltd Edition line from 1998, correct? So, you have had them for 14 years and never wore even a single pair (on concrete at least)?
Regardless, I would LOVE to see your Limited Edition collection!!! I am a huge Santoni LE fan. My favorite RTW shoe by far. So underappreciated (at least in the US) and the Santoni Norvegese and Bentivegna is so much nicer than those offerings by the other RTW makers (Sutor, Lidfort, Stefanobi, etc). Thanks for what you've posted so far and will pop some popcorn and grab a Scotch when you post more.

Being US size13, these Santoni LEs sat in NY until 2009 when I acquired them. I have been wearing them slowly, however some will never see concrete. It is hard to explain, but I am guilty.
There are few of them that are works of art and the men who made them are no longer with us. I feel an obligation to preserve some of them. As you can tell, I am not lacking for shoes and I could live the rest of my life without buying another pair, but that is not the point. I have seen some of my dads bespoke collection from the 1940's & 1950's and some treasures are meant to be saved to inspire another generation, noit wearers, but makers as well.

Again, mia colpa!
Edited by Saratorial_Splender - 9/21/12 at 10:02pm
post #512 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

I am a huge Santoni LE fan. My favorite RTW shoe by far. So underappreciated (at least in the US) and the Santoni Norvegese and Bentivegna is so much nicer than those offerings by the other RTW makers (Sutor, Lidfort, Stefanobi, etc). Thanks for what you've posted so far and will pop some popcorn and grab a Scotch when you post more.
nod[1].gif

always need popcorn and scotch for santoni LE show.
post #513 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post

always like the pictures on blog.
would like Santoni pictures on your blog. nod[1].gif
need more Santoni.

Saratorial_Splender pictures are perfect. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Glad to hear that you enjoy the blog....will try and find more Santoni stuff for you....!

-Justin
post #514 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes View Post

Glad to hear that you enjoy the blog....will try and find more Santoni stuff for you....!
-Justin
yes. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

me like pictures very very much.
post #515 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

Being US size13, these Santoni LEs sat in NY until 2009 when I acquired them. I have been wearing them slowly, however some will never see concrete. It is hard to explain, but I am guilty.
There are few of them that are works of art and the men who made them are no longer with us. I feel an obligation to preserve some of them. As you can tell, I am not lacking for shoes and I could live the rest of my life without buying another pair, but that is not the point. I have seen some of my dads bespoke collection from the 1940's & 1950's and some treasures are meant to be saved to inspire another generation, noit wearers, but makers as well.
Again, mia colpa!

HA! A true Shoe Addict! I love it. Not much I can say except that I understand 100% what you are saying. Sometimes it actually hurts the soul when the first wearing takes place. Gorgeous sole treatments only make it harder!
post #516 of 1177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

HA! A true Shoe Addict! I love it. Not much I can say except that I understand 100% what you are saying. Sometimes it actually hurts the soul when the first wearing takes place. Gorgeous sole treatments only make it harder!
I understand, I can look at shoes and see them as works of art. But for me, shoes are meant to be worn. If you don't wear them it's like buying a sportscar and just let it sit in your garage.
post #517 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post

I understand, I can look at shoes and see them as works of art. But for me, shoes are meant to be worn. If you don't wear them it's like buying a sportscar and just let it sit in your garage.

Even with vintage shoes (which is a particular like of mine) I like the fact that something that is a museum quality piece can actually be worn still and enjoyed and fit the purpose for its creation.
post #518 of 1177
SF never fails to impress, thank you so much for sharing everyone!
post #519 of 1177
bestetti's latest
a sleek norvogese
in hatchgrain calf
and alligator lacing

norvegesenuova031.jpg

frecciapigskinyork027.jpg

norvegesenuova013.jpg

frecciapigskinyork022.jpg

frecciapigskinyork007.jpg
post #520 of 1177
it very interesting mix construction.
it also have close cut waste.
it very different.
thank you for picture.
post #521 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

bestetti's latest
a sleek norvogese
in hatchgrain calf
and alligator lacing
norvegesenuova031.jpg
frecciapigskinyork027.jpg
norvegesenuova013.jpg
frecciapigskinyork022.jpg
frecciapigskinyork007.jpg

might be the best constructed thing in the known universe, but its also one of the ugliest
post #522 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

might be the best constructed thing in the known universe, but its also one of the ugliest

I am a fan of Mr. Bestetti, but I think the croc is an overkill. Like guilding the lily.
post #523 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


might be the best constructed thing in the known universe, but its also one of the ugliest

+ 1

post #524 of 1177
high arch
post #525 of 1177
that thing is so sexy. damn.

One thing that's slightly annoying is the brown polish that's ended up on the stitching. Probably would happen anyway during regular maintenance, not a big deal.
Edited by hendrix - 10/14/12 at 3:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.