or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. - Page 92

post #1366 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Not bespoke, but this thread hasn't had a post in a couple of months, so here's another RTW hand welted 1967 model. 

 

 

simple but very elegant shoes!

post #1367 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
 

 

   something new in a few months - hopefully.

   ordered a custom last for a new boot back in july, test shoe coming in a few weeks .... I hope

 

   the test boot photo is a kinda non-event but at least it's ready to ship . . . . next week . . . . maybe

 

                           

post #1368 of 1475
Since there isn't any other R. Bestetti thread, I'm going to ask for fitting advice here. First of all, does RB offer half sizes (I remember reading that it's possible but some retailers don't offer it, so just making sure)? Second, could you advise on what size I should go with for the 1966 last specifically based on the following (all normal width):

Crockett & Jones (348, 337): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (946): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (804): UK7
Gaziano & Girling (GG06, MH71, TG73): UK8
Edward Green (888): UK8
Vass (F, SP): EU41
Vass (U): EU41,5
Carmina (Rain, Forest, Inca): UK7,5
Carmina (Simpson): UK8

The Carmina shoes are bad fits overall because of my high instep. Best fits are the Vass U-last and the two Enzo Bonafè lasts. As for EG and G&G, I'm sizing up because of width basically. What would you advise me to go with with RB, UK7 or UK8? I'm guessing the latter, but would appreciate your feedback. Also, if anyone could provide outsole measurements (length, width) for UK7 and UK8 I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Edited by DonRaphael - 1/2/16 at 11:05am
post #1369 of 1475

Here's some comparisons which might be useful. Courtesy of Spiga 3
post #1370 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdor View Post


Here's some comparisons which might be useful. Courtesy of Spiga 3
Thanks. Yes, I saw that. But that's only one person's experience. Wanted to see other people's experiences as well.
post #1371 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Since there isn't any other R. Bestetti thread, I'm going to ask for fitting advice here. First of all, does RB offer half sizes (I remember reading that it's possible but some retailers don't offer it, so just maskning sure)? Second, could you advise on what size I should go with for the 1966 last specifically based on the following (all normal width):

Crockett & Jones (348, 337): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (946): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (804): UK7
Gaziano & Girling (GG06, MH71, TG73): UK8
Edward Green (888): UK8
Vass (F, SP): EU41
Vass (U): EU41,5
Carmina (Rain, Forest, Inca): UK7,5
Carmina (Simpson): UK8

The Carmina shoes are bad fits overall because of my high instep. Best fits are the Vass U-last and the two Enzo Bonafè lasts. As for EG and G&G, I'm sizing up because of width basically. What would you advise me to go with with RB, UK7 or UK8? I'm guessing the latter, but would appreciate your feedback. Also, if anyone could provide outsole measurements (length, width) for UK7 and UK8 I would really appreciate it. Thanks.


   my experience with him would suggest that you CANNOT use sizing in any other brand as a bench mark to order his shoes.

   my caveat is that I've only used his novecento line, almond toe last, for two pair and am working with him to develop a personal last for the future

   which he has nailed almost perfectly on first try, using my suggested modifications.

   I originally found the instep to be slightly high for my foot during break in on the St. Moritz but over time, they fit fantastically.

 

   I bring these things up because I think you would be better off contacting him directly to discuss sizing and NOT shooting in the dark

post #1372 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Since there isn't any other R. Bestetti thread, I'm going to ask for fitting advice here. First of all, does RB offer half sizes (I remember reading that it's possible but some retailers don't offer it, so just maskning sure)? Second, could you advise on what size I should go with for the 1966 last specifically based on the following (all normal width):

Crockett & Jones (348, 337): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (946): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (804): UK7
Gaziano & Girling (GG06, MH71, TG73): UK8
Edward Green (888): UK8
Vass (F, SP): EU41
Vass (U): EU41,5
Carmina (Rain, Forest, Inca): UK7,5
Carmina (Simpson): UK8

The Carmina shoes are bad fits overall because of my high instep. Best fits are the Vass U-last and the two Enzo Bonafè lasts. As for EG and G&G, I'm sizing up because of width basically. What would you advise me to go with with RB, UK7 or UK8? I'm guessing the latter, but would appreciate your feedback. Also, if anyone could provide outsole measurements (length, width) for UK7 and UK8 I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

 

I think that the best size for you would be UK7,5, but since I presume that you are looking at the wholecut on sale at Spiga, and you don't have half sizes there, probably UK8 would be best. Might be a tiny bit big, but as long as your heel to ball area is correct it could work fine with maybe some adjustments like thin insole or such. For info like outsole measurements and stuff like that you'd better contact Riccardo or retailers like Spiga.

post #1373 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post


   my experience with him would suggest that you CANNOT use sizing in any other brand as a bench mark to order his shoes.
   my caveat is that I've only used his novecento line, almond toe last, for two pair and am working with him to develop a personal last for the future
   which he has nailed almost perfectly on first try, using my suggested modifications.
   I originally found the instep to be slightly high for my foot during break in on the St. Moritz but over time, they fit fantastically.

   I bring these things up because I think you would be better off contacting him directly to discuss sizing and NOT shooting in the dark
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm actually looking at a pair that is on sale and hoped I could figure out my size based on above information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

I think that the best size for you would be UK7,5, but since I presume that you are looking at the wholecut on sale at Spiga, and you don't have half sizes there, probably UK8 would be best. Might be a bit big, but as long as your heel to ball area is correct it could work fine with maybe some adjustments like thin insole or such. For info like outsole measurements and stuff like that you'd better contact Riccardo or retailers like Spiga.

That's the one, yes. How does the 1966 last taper at the toe box? More/less than Vass U-last/EB 946/C&J 348? I asked for outsole measurements today, but they asked me to get back to them tomorrow.
post #1374 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post


Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm actually looking at a pair that is on sale and hoped I could figure out my size based on above information.
That's the one, yes. How does the 1966 last taper at the toe box? More/less than Vass U-last/EB 946/C&J 348? I asked for outsole measurements today, but they asked me to get back to them tomorrow.

 

Not as much as on the U last. The instep is a bit high, which would suit you well. Yeah they probably need their shoe guy Adam in store to get things done correctly :)

 

But to be frank, don't wait too long. All sizes except 8 are already gone, and with that price I wouldn't be surprised if that one goes soon too as well.

post #1375 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Not as much as on the U last. The instep is a bit high, which would suit you well. Yeah they probably need their shoe guy Adam in store to get things done correctly smile.gif

That's exactly what they said: "call us tomorrow, Adam will be here and will help you out" smile.gif

Thanks for the clarification. Another question if you don't mind; do you happen to know which is longer and/or wider in the same size, U or 1966?
post #1376 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post


That's exactly what they said: "call us tomorrow, Adam will be here and will help you out" smile.gif

Thanks for the clarification. Another question if you don't mind; do you happen to know which is longer and/or wider in the same size, U or 1966?

 

Hard to say, especially since Vass use EU sizing and Bestetti UK. But for U I wear EU44 wide and UK10 in 1966 (yes I'm the customer behind the guide at Spiga's site).

post #1377 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Hard to say, especially since Vass use EU sizing and Bestetti UK. But for U I wear EU44 wide and UK10 in 1966 (yes I'm the customer behind the guide at Spiga's site).
Thanks. I'll talk to the folks at Spiga3 tomorrow. Depending on their return policy, I might take a shot at it.
post #1378 of 1475
I called the shop and spoke to Adam. Based on my sizes with other makers, he recommended me UK7. Although not bespoke, I'm very excited to join the Bestetti club.
post #1379 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

I called the shop and spoke to Adam. Based on my sizes with other makers, he recommended me UK7. Although not bespoke, I'm very excited to join the Bestetti club.

Only RTW for me too, but I've been very impressed. Could be promising with your UK7 on the high instep 804, but the 1966 toe box may be more restrictive. You can always do RTW half sizes directly with Bestetti, but obviously not at the great SPIGA sale price. I have the UK9 coming myself. Wholecuts may not be the most in demand model, but at $575, someone will take them on B&S if they don't work out. 

post #1380 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Only RTW for me too, but I've been very impressed. Could be promising with your UK7 on the high instep 804, but the 1966 toe box may be more restrictive. You can always do RTW half sizes directly with Bestetti, but obviously not at the great SPIGA sale price. I have the UK9 coming myself. Wholecuts may not be the most in demand model, but at $575, someone will take them on B&S if they don't work out. 
I'm of the same opinion. I'm having a hard time forking out appr. $1400 when they can be had at Spiga sales for half that amount (Swedish pricing). I'd love me a pair of Mavericks at some point. I doubt they ever make it to sales, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.