The arms cardigan!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Julius, LeU, Raf, etc. to be updated soon Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- N PEAL Turtle Necks (As seen on Bond in Spectre) - Sz Medium Last post on Today at 1:34 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- £350 Club Monaco 100% Italian Cashmere Sweater 50 Large Last post on Today at 12:25 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Stussy Stock Applique Hoodie Pale Yellow size L BRAND NEW HARD TO FIND Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 546post #8177 of 88669/21/16 at 4:04pmPoplar and Fields sweaters came in for me from other-shop.com/brands/stephan-schneider.html. I'm liking the use of angora in knits instead of mohair - less itchy, and softer. Fields sweater is exactly what I was looking for...a relaxed turtleneck sweater. I'm also happy that the sleeves are shorter this season on the sweaters.post #8178 of 88669/21/16 at 8:00pmpost #8179 of 88669/22/16 at 6:22ampost #8180 of 88669/22/16 at 7:12am
I had my memory coat sleeves shortened like 2" inches last year -- my guess for the conversation would be that depending on the lining in the sleeves, you can take in the sleeves pretty significantly also, because moving the button and cuff up or down and hemming the sleeve is fairly straightforward as opposed to the functional cuffs on many other schneider coats.post #8181 of 88669/22/16 at 7:17am
Thanks! I'd rather not move the buttons if I don't have to. I was mostly looking at this and wondering how far can you take it up before hitting that cuff closure. Looks like about 1.5"?
And is the Memory coat and the Conversation the same? I know the model has changed to the "Conversation", but are the details & measurements the exact same?
Thanks again for any advicepost #8182 of 88669/22/16 at 7:46am
Why would you not move the button? The buttonhole is on a tab, so it's super easy to move it up (as opposed to a buttonhole on the sleeve).
You can have the sleeves of the Conservation (that's the name of that coat btw) altered rather easily.
There are some differences between Conservation (left) and Memory (right), mostly the re-engineering of the knit liner, reducing bulk, different collar style when worn without hood, and pocket styles (reverting to the same low side-entry pockets as the original Merino
Edited by gdl203 - 9/22/16 at 7:59ampost #8183 of 88669/22/16 at 8:25ampost #8184 of 88669/22/16 at 8:26ampost #8185 of 88669/22/16 at 1:09pm
I just learned about your forum and am hoping someone can kindly offer some sizing advice.
I'd like to buy a Stephan Schneider "Conservation" coat. Aside from being undecided between the grey twill or rich burgundy, I am most uncertain about which size will best fit me.
I am hopeful it will fit me more trimly than slouchily. More like the first picture below than the second.
I stand 6'1" and weigh about 175 lbs, so I'm fairly slender and wear a size 40 or more often 38 in sports jackets - all the ones I have are 17 to 18 inches in the shoulders or 40 to 42 inches in the chest.
Kyle at NMWA kindly replied to my email and suggested the size 5 will be spot on. I really don't want to go through a return if I can avoid it, and still have some doubts.
I wonder if the size 4 wouldn't fit better, because the size 5 as measured on NMWA is 124 cm (49 inches) in the chest, and 48 cm (almost 19 inches) in the shoulders.
This means the size 5 shoulders line up pretty closely with outerwear I already have, but the chest is substantially more than one of my coats that I already find too wide, at 119 cm (46.5 inches)
For those of you familiar with this coat, or anyone else similarly sized - will the 4 be too small? can I achieve the fit I'm looking for with the 5?post #8186 of 88669/22/16 at 1:24pmpost #8187 of 88669/22/16 at 1:35pmpost #8188 of 88669/22/16 at 1:37pmQuote:
How do you measure for the chest measurement, btw? I always end up with a good few inches less compared to yours, on the same pieces. Are you doing something other than doubling the pit to pit measurement?post #8189 of 88669/22/16 at 1:49pmQuote:
I was gonna be a snarky asshole and tell you to go to their page literally titled "How we Measure" but it appears to no longer exist.post #8190 of 88669/22/16 at 1:57pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 43 seconds ago
- › Wanna get some advice about the suit. 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › What eyewear is Gabriel Macht wearing? 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...