We should go together on a Styleforum Powerball. I mean, even if there are 100 dudes in on it, 1 billion dollars divided 100 ways is still $10MM. That's a lot of gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Julius, LeU, Raf, etc. to be updated soon Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- $120 Bleu De Paname Navy Emblem Sweater Size XS Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Norse Projects Sigfred Roll Linen Cotton Breton Sweater. Size S/M. Last post on Yesterday at 11:00 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Vintage Sweater Vests (Burberrys, Alan Paine). Size 38 and 40. Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 514post #7696 of 85082/2/16 at 1:03pmpost #7697 of 85082/2/16 at 1:04pmpost #7698 of 85082/2/16 at 1:04pmpost #7699 of 85082/2/16 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by hayaoyamaneko
I'm surprised no one is talking about the Resin jacket SP has for preorder:
Seriously considering selling my Score coat from last season in order to get the funds for the preorder. I don't know how good the odds are of any retailers picking it up as part of their general buy. Although the Conservation in the same fabric that NMWA has would be amazing too, just a pricier option.
I've made my mind up, I'm preordering this too.post #7700 of 85082/2/16 at 8:35pmpost #7701 of 85082/2/16 at 9:37pm
As one of these manlets who tried on the Memory Coat, I agree. It looked too long on me and I couldn't justify making alterations to it at the time.
I wish I tried on the Shuffle Coat sooner. I tried one in Size IV at Mindtrive and liked how it fit, but 40% off JPN MSRP = $1100 CAD.
Quote:Originally Posted by amathew
Short people (< 5"6) who have the memory coat, how is the length and fit? I'd love to give it a shot, but am a little worried about the length.
Also, is the consensus to size down from ones normal jacket size for the conversation coat? I normally wear a 3 in SS cardigans and 4 in jumpers/pants/jackets, but have no experience with SS coats
5''4 male here.
For what it's worth, I wound up being one of the exceptions: while I'm a Size III in Schneider knits and cardigans, I had to size up one for the Memory Coat once I factor in layering. The Size III was too tight in the armholes and chest for me. Sleeve length was long. If you have short arms like me, you will need to tailor it.
Long overcoats can potentially look too big on us shorter guys, depending on styling, your proportions and height. It took a while for me to finally acknowledge that the Memory didn't look flattering on me unless I shortened it. (I tried it on one last time at Mindtrive and my sister put the final nail in the coffin in that regard.) Ultimately, you'll need to try it on for yourself and see for yourself, assuming you can still find one.
As for the pre-orders:
- I'm interested in pre-ordering the wine melange Fresco jacket and the grey/beige checked Resin jacket from Suspension Point. If I have to pick one, I'll likely go with the Resin as I'm lacking a good mid-length, mid-weight jacket/coat in my rotation + the Fresco aesthetically looks similar enough to the Match jacket that it's not a necessity. Need to check how my finances will hold out.
- I'd like something in burgundy but I'd go with either the Film or Conservation coats in those instances, and I don't think the latter will look good on me due to previous experience with the Memory coat. The Film coat I'm a little more confident on as I have a Schott overcoat in a similar kind of classic style that I enjoy wearing despite its length. Those I will wait until they're out in the wild.post #7702 of 85082/2/16 at 9:54pmpost #7703 of 85082/2/16 at 10:41pmpost #7704 of 85082/3/16 at 4:14ampost #7705 of 85082/3/16 at 5:20ampost #7706 of 85082/3/16 at 7:17ampost #7707 of 85082/3/16 at 7:21ampost #7708 of 85082/3/16 at 8:14ampost #7709 of 85082/3/16 at 8:46ampost #7710 of 85082/3/16 at 9:54amQuote:
Size V for a lean fit, size VI for a looser/roomier fit
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 27 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 45 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 46 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › FS: Allen Edmonds AE Brown Shell Bayfield Boot 7.5E 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway