Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: CDGS, Lad, Julius, LeU, DBSS, SS, ZB, Raf, etc. upd 12.29.2014 Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme AW11 Knit Size 2 Last post on Today at 1:11 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Hickey Freeman Blue Merino V-Neck Last post on Yesterday at 2:17 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Polo Ralph Lauren 100% cashmere cable knit sweaters sz SMALL Last post on Yesterday at 5:28 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 288post #4306 of 77481/26/14 at 9:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4307 of 77481/26/14 at 11:36am
Greg, I completely understand reluctuance in carrying size VII. At the end of the day, you have a business that needs to be profitable. You can't sit on inventory because you want to cater to every size guy out there.
Here's my sob story: I have several SS coats, all size VII, I've not ever tried any other size. They all fit great, slightly relaxed, comfortable, etc. Knits, on the other hand...only size VI. They all fit good, but not great. I think we've all fallen into the trap of, "Oh, what's the pit-to-pit? 23"? Perfect, I'll take it!. Then, get it home and realize it doesn't work for some reason...
Case in point: I had a SS anthracite cadigan, size VI that "technically" fit, but something felt off about it. I didn't love it and ended up selling it to kgfan. I then saw his (awesome) fit pics of it and thought immediately, " Yeah, that didn't really ever fit me." It wasn't until I saw someone else wearing (literally) the exact same item of clothing I had previously owned to realize I would benefit from a size up, that its not just about garment measurements (and that it's hard for kgfan to look bad, ever). Same is true with my Ijevan...I think a size VII would be perfect. But, good size VII knits are like golden unicorns, they exist only in theory.
Executive Summary: I fit size VI, but would prefer size VII. Greg, please sell size VII.post #4308 of 77481/26/14 at 12:42pmpost #4309 of 77481/26/14 at 12:48pmpost #4310 of 77481/26/14 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blackmaged
schneider fw14: http://four-pins.com/style/stephan-schneider-fallwinter-2014-got-hype-willams-angles/
looks like it's going to be an expensive FW next year.
Yeah, dry-cleaning all the smoke out of every purchase is gonna be freakin' exxpensive.post #4311 of 77481/26/14 at 1:27pmpost #4312 of 77481/26/14 at 2:09pmQuote:
Apologies if I have seemed to imply that we wouldn't carry VII. We'll have sz III to VII. What I wanted to understand is really how many guys here wear VII so we could take that into account for quantities...post #4313 of 77481/26/14 at 2:29pmpost #4314 of 77481/26/14 at 6:29pmQuote:
I have three shirts, one from S/S '12 and two from A/W '12. S/S shirt the sleeves are a little bit long, but not ridiculously so; A/W shirts are pretty much perfect.post #4315 of 77481/26/14 at 8:58pmQuote:
I am a 44/Size 3 and have two A/W 12 shirts. Absolutely flawless fit except the sleeves are a tad long, and because so many Schneider shirts are wonderfully patterned going to the tailor's not usually an option. I'm just grateful the sleeves aren't WAY too long...I recognize that making perfect sizing for everyone is difficult with RTW, and it makes perfect sense that some people with the same shoulder size as me might have longer arms.post #4316 of 77481/26/14 at 9:14pmpost #4317 of 77481/26/14 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by tonio028
Alright @gdl203 you need to stock shirts with curved hems and pants for FW14 (particularly the ones shown on the Four Pins site slides 15, 20, and maybe even 17). Get them MCers outside of their "standard" pants comfort zone.
I'm curious tonio, why do you prefer curved hems? Is it just an aesthetic preference?post #4318 of 77481/26/14 at 9:41pmQuote:
I own both SS straight and curved hems (though only 2) and I like them both, but I would prefer to see Greg stock some curved hems because of how rare they are to find. Most if not all stockists usually only carry his straight hem cuts. Both are fine, I'm looking for some more diversity.post #4319 of 77481/27/14 at 7:41amQuote:
The straight hem gives the look a modern and "fashiony" (for lack of a better word) connotation as well as splits the look in half with a sharp line across the middle. It works very well in specific cases but for people who like flowing lines and versatile pieces, they are problematic.post #4320 of 77481/27/14 at 8:59amyeah not much of a fan of the straight line hem, i like a nice long arc hem, it's more elegant. the straight hem can be interesting with the right details but to me it's not as nice. i get that most guys these days want a shorter shirt that looks neat untucked and all that. I find it kind of boring though. just my taste anyway.
- Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › Borrelli, Barba, Attolini, Burberry, Acquascutum ties 1 minute ago
- › Dolce & Gabbana A/W 2014 Collection Rare Leather/Denim Jacket Cost... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › What kind of Waistband is This 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › *Bottega Veneta Mink/Raccoon Fur Cashmere Body Zip Up Cardigan... 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...