Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: CDGS, Lad, Julius, LeU, DBSS, SS, ZB, Raf, etc. upd 12.29.2014 Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- BROOKS BROTHERS Black Fleece Vest BB0 & BB2 Last post on Yesterday at 6:44 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Rugby RL Fisherman Knit Mock-Neck Sweater Size M Last post on Yesterday at 2:06 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Rugby RL Button-Mock Fisherman Knit Sweater Size M Last post on Yesterday at 2:05 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 216post #3226 of 77525/23/13 at 6:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3227 of 77525/23/13 at 7:02pmpost #3228 of 77525/23/13 at 7:13pmpost #3229 of 77525/25/13 at 4:52ampost #3230 of 77525/25/13 at 5:55ampost #3231 of 77525/25/13 at 6:37ampost #3232 of 77525/25/13 at 8:51am
Bunch of other boutiques carry SS in Japan, but they only have blogs as a web presence.post #3233 of 77525/25/13 at 7:25pmpost #3234 of 77525/26/13 at 6:04pmpost #3235 of 77525/29/13 at 2:32pmpost #3236 of 77525/29/13 at 3:27pmpost #3237 of 77525/29/13 at 4:43pmpost #3238 of 77526/2/13 at 9:08ampost #3239 of 77526/2/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I'm too lazy to translate everything, so I'll just sum it up.
In the beginning he talks about what makes a talented student, which is mainly a combination of passion and discipline. Afterwards he's being asked to compare the Royal University of Antwerp to the University of Arts Berlin, which basically boils down to Antwerp having more of a laissez-faire type of teaching while in Berlin they actually support the students until they've finished their bachelor/diploma. The final question is about why young/upcoming designers from Germany usually have a greater appeal to countries outside of Europe.
He explains that it's basically because most Europeans are focused on the luxury aspect of high fashion, which you can't really convey or create as a newcomer. According to Schneider countries like Japan have a different attitude towards fashion, as in they're more interested in design and craftsmanship rather than the price tag.
The last question is something about an upcoming runway show, which isn't really relevant I guess.post #3240 of 77526/2/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by jacket
Does anyone know what would happen if I picked up an ijevan two sizes too large? Anyone with kids/girlfriends lying around want to do a fit pic for me...
I'm hoping it looks slouchy but i could also see it just look like a half-assed robe with weird shoulders halfway down my arms
It won't look good, the shoulders are too stiff and it will just look oversized.
- Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Currently, there are 1522 Active Users (395 Members and 1127 Guests)
- › VINTAGE SCHOTT PERFECTO 618 SIZE 40 GOOD CONDITION 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...