Originally Posted by steveoffice
i still cant figure out if im size 3 or 4 in ss shirting. everyones telling me different things
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Ya, I have yet to decode SS sizing. If I'm a traditional small/ really slim medium and am looking for a close fit, am I a IV or V?
is essentially right on. In my experience: Shirting
- I own about 4-5 now. I'm a consistent size IV, which is equivalent to a size small. For reference, I'm a small in most brands, medium in BoO b/c that shits mad skinny fit. Although SS is cut slim with high armholes, it's TTS in my opinion as shoulders aren't restricting and I don't have any excessive if any button pulling. Fabrics and buttons are all top notch, super lux feel without that high end designer price tag. It's certainly not cheap, but in comparison, it's really good, especially fall/winter offerings. Blazers
- I don't own any (yet), but I've tried on a few and I generally have to size up one from my shirt size to a V. Jackets
- I don't own any, but I've also tried a few on and I have found that I need to size up like the blazers for the more formal outerwear, such as their long coats, peacoats, etc., but I can also stay with my shirting size for some of the more casual hooded coat offerings. I am after one of these new FW11 ones if I can find it from a easily accessible stockist though, I can tell you that! Pants
- I am generally a IV (US 30 essentially) in the slim straight offerings and found I have had to go up to a V (US 32) for the slim fitting pants. Sweaters/Cardigans
- TTS again in my experience and I stay the same size as my shirts (IV).