Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: CDGS, Lad, Julius, LeU, DBSS, SS, ZB, Raf, etc. upd 12.29.2014 Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NWT: Ralph Lauren Purple Label sweater, sz S (FREE SHIPPING!) Last post on Yesterday at 2:09 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT: Ralph Lauren Purple Label sweater, sz S (FREE SHIPPING!) Last post on Yesterday at 2:09 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ISAIA NAPOLI DB SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER Last post on 2/11/16 at 10:23pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 197post #2941 of 77942/13/13 at 7:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2942 of 77942/13/13 at 7:10amMeasurements can often be misleading and basing your sizing solely on measurements is a crapshoot as well. Stores all measure differently, some won't provide measurements at all, and most of all people seem to be way too afraid of wearing the Schneider-slouch when they look at measurements on a knit and see that it's 1-2" bigger in the chest than they normally take. Not saying that everyone will look good in oversized stuff, but measurements aren't the end-all solution people make them out to be around herepost #2943 of 77942/13/13 at 7:18ampost #2944 of 77942/13/13 at 10:41ampost #2945 of 77942/13/13 at 11:03amQuote:
You're correct about the sweaters. The Valve Jumpers and Shake Jumpers do run a bit slimmer in comparison to the F/W knits. But for reference I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs and the size IVs fit me spot on. In any case, let us know if you need measurements on any of the pieces we've shown as they won't be online until next week. Hope that helps!
Justinpost #2946 of 77942/14/13 at 4:02am^ Can't wait to move to Vancouver. Will be a Neighbour regular.Quote:Originally Posted by g transistor
Measurements can often be misleading and basing your sizing solely on measurements is a crapshoot as well. Stores all measure differently, some won't provide measurements at all, and most of all people seem to be way too afraid of wearing the Schneider-slouch when they look at measurements on a knit and see that it's 1-2" bigger in the chest than they normally take. Not saying that everyone will look good in oversized stuff, but measurements aren't the end-all solution people make them out to be around here
I agree, totally. It’s just that a size is only a number on a label whereas measurements give you a truer sense of the garment’s fit. At least to me. They have a little more dimension to them, know what I’m saying. They’re a baseline. But you’re right people get stuck on measurements forgetting that the garment is laying flat when they were taken, that different fabrics drape differently, and so forth. And then yeah there’s also the discrpency between how one retailer measures something versus another.
Like you were saying tho, some people don't know how a piece of his was intended to fit. There's a curve to this for sure. Good thing is knit measurements are really only a ballpark for how the thing will fit. Lukily there’s more play with knits too. Fuck I love knits.post #2947 of 77942/17/13 at 10:58pm
Our selection from Marbles in Cans SS13 is now online. Check-out additional photos, details and information on our site http://www.shopneighbour.com/collections/stephan-schneider
Feel free to PM us or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
-Saagerpost #2948 of 77942/25/13 at 12:47pmpost #2949 of 77942/26/13 at 9:52pmpost #2950 of 77942/26/13 at 10:02pmpost #2951 of 77942/26/13 at 10:04pmpost #2952 of 77942/26/13 at 11:25pmpost #2953 of 77942/27/13 at 12:37ampost #2954 of 77942/27/13 at 10:29amYou guys are so jaded. Thanks for the feedback toasty, I think I will keep it.
I don't buy anything for the brand name. I am 6'5" and it's hard to find quality knits or outerwear that fit. I have a lot of SNS Herning because it fits so well. I was looking for other suggestions for long, oversized knits and a while ago jet suggested I look at Schneider. Turns out SS size 7 is made for me and I now have several pieces inc. Loop, Ijevan, Spitak. I was a little unsure about the fit of this Sevan though.
Many of you are probably drawn to a certain aesthetic, and then figure out how the sizing works. I am constrained by whether stuff will fit me, and then have to decide if a designer's aesthetic works for me. Schneider is a rare example of stuff that fits me in an aesthetic that I can work with.
So yeah <3 Stephan Schneider for having a vision that includes cool shit for people built like me.
tl;dr: SS fits me ∴ I will cop.
Recommend me another cozy relaxed fit mohair sweater, 28" sleeves, $140 or less (0)
- Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 50 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?