Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Julius, LeU, Raf, etc. to be updated soon Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Purdy Cotton Cashmere Sweater, two colors size Large Last post on Yesterday at 12:16 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- S.N.S Herning Sweater Last post on 6/24/16 at 7:17pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- S.N.S Herning Sweater Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 197post #2941 of 79712/13/13 at 7:09ampost #2942 of 79712/13/13 at 7:10amMeasurements can often be misleading and basing your sizing solely on measurements is a crapshoot as well. Stores all measure differently, some won't provide measurements at all, and most of all people seem to be way too afraid of wearing the Schneider-slouch when they look at measurements on a knit and see that it's 1-2" bigger in the chest than they normally take. Not saying that everyone will look good in oversized stuff, but measurements aren't the end-all solution people make them out to be around herepost #2943 of 79712/13/13 at 7:18ampost #2944 of 79712/13/13 at 10:41ampost #2945 of 79712/13/13 at 11:03amQuote:
You're correct about the sweaters. The Valve Jumpers and Shake Jumpers do run a bit slimmer in comparison to the F/W knits. But for reference I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs and the size IVs fit me spot on. In any case, let us know if you need measurements on any of the pieces we've shown as they won't be online until next week. Hope that helps!
Justinpost #2946 of 79712/14/13 at 4:02am^ Can't wait to move to Vancouver. Will be a Neighbour regular.Quote:Originally Posted by g transistor
Measurements can often be misleading and basing your sizing solely on measurements is a crapshoot as well. Stores all measure differently, some won't provide measurements at all, and most of all people seem to be way too afraid of wearing the Schneider-slouch when they look at measurements on a knit and see that it's 1-2" bigger in the chest than they normally take. Not saying that everyone will look good in oversized stuff, but measurements aren't the end-all solution people make them out to be around here
I agree, totally. It’s just that a size is only a number on a label whereas measurements give you a truer sense of the garment’s fit. At least to me. They have a little more dimension to them, know what I’m saying. They’re a baseline. But you’re right people get stuck on measurements forgetting that the garment is laying flat when they were taken, that different fabrics drape differently, and so forth. And then yeah there’s also the discrpency between how one retailer measures something versus another.
Like you were saying tho, some people don't know how a piece of his was intended to fit. There's a curve to this for sure. Good thing is knit measurements are really only a ballpark for how the thing will fit. Lukily there’s more play with knits too. Fuck I love knits.post #2947 of 79712/17/13 at 10:58pm
Our selection from Marbles in Cans SS13 is now online. Check-out additional photos, details and information on our site http://www.shopneighbour.com/collections/stephan-schneider
Feel free to PM us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any other questions.
-Saagerpost #2948 of 79712/25/13 at 12:47pmpost #2949 of 79712/26/13 at 9:52pmpost #2950 of 79712/26/13 at 10:02pmpost #2951 of 79712/26/13 at 10:04pmpost #2952 of 79712/26/13 at 11:25pmpost #2953 of 79712/27/13 at 12:37ampost #2954 of 79712/27/13 at 10:29amYou guys are so jaded. Thanks for the feedback toasty, I think I will keep it.
I don't buy anything for the brand name. I am 6'5" and it's hard to find quality knits or outerwear that fit. I have a lot of SNS Herning because it fits so well. I was looking for other suggestions for long, oversized knits and a while ago jet suggested I look at Schneider. Turns out SS size 7 is made for me and I now have several pieces inc. Loop, Ijevan, Spitak. I was a little unsure about the fit of this Sevan though.
Many of you are probably drawn to a certain aesthetic, and then figure out how the sizing works. I am constrained by whether stuff will fit me, and then have to decide if a designer's aesthetic works for me. Schneider is a rare example of stuff that fits me in an aesthetic that I can work with.
So yeah <3 Stephan Schneider for having a vision that includes cool shit for people built like me.
tl;dr: SS fits me ∴ I will cop.
Recommend me another cozy relaxed fit mohair sweater, 28" sleeves, $140 or less (0)post #2955 of 79712/27/13 at 10:56am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding