Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Julius, LeU, Raf, etc. to be updated soon Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- N PEAL Turtle Necks (As seen on Bond in Spectre) - Sz Medium Last post on 3/27/17 at 1:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- £350 Club Monaco 100% Italian Cashmere Sweater 50 Large Last post on 3/27/17 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Stussy Stock Applique Hoodie Pale Yellow size L BRAND NEW HARD TO FIND Last post on 3/26/17 at 7:19pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 176post #2627 of 886612/18/12 at 7:35pmpost #2628 of 886612/19/12 at 12:43pmpost #2629 of 886612/19/12 at 2:01pmpost #2630 of 886612/19/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
It depends on the cardigan, it's usually pretty easy to tell whether or not they are on the softer side or coarser side from the blends and pics though. I have a few, some soft, some not as soft. I mean we're talking wool here, and he doesn't use shetland wool that I'm aware of so SS wool is generally going to be more along the lines of merino. You need to remember SS is more refined/dressed up than say SNS for instance so it's going to lend itself to the softer side if you catch my drift.
PS: I got to handle the quilted reversible jacket from SW and it's a really nice piece. Only issue is I tried it in a size 3, and not my usual size 4. It fits in sleeve length and body, but a bit too restricting in the sleeves and pit/shoulder areas. I'm pretty sure the 4 would be better fit in those areas just worried the sleeves and body might get too long as they are just about right. The piece is really nice. Color and wool materials are top notch, I even like the revere side.
I also received the dark blue/burgundy Ijevan in a 3. Comparing the Dark Grey in 4 that I purchased a while ago and comparing the two, I have to say the 3 is my preferred fit. Both suit me, the 4 a bit more on the looser and longer side (oversized but not to the point where it's a bad fit) while the 3 fits just right in the shoulder and shorter length is money as well. No pulling at all and certainly not fitted. The dark grey may be hitting the B&S soon. I think the burgundy is a really nice mix of maroon and navy though, underrated colorway in my opinion. If you're on the fence on this one in the smaller sizes, you should jump on Suspension Points stock before they're gone.post #2631 of 886612/19/12 at 9:48pmpost #2632 of 886612/20/12 at 2:32pm
I know the quoted post is from quite a while ago, but...
Poncho Tapestry (Tapis)
The above posters have it right in regards to the Soumak / Ijevan fabric comparison. Since many of the Schneider custom fabrics are used only on a few specific styles each season one must be specific when comparing them.post #2633 of 886612/20/12 at 3:43pmpost #2634 of 886612/20/12 at 4:30pmpost #2635 of 886612/20/12 at 4:50pmpost #2636 of 886612/20/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
I know others have chimed in, but I have both a Soumak scarf and just got the Spitak crew in the mail. They're pretty much the same kind of fabric/weave, so the Kaghak cardigan should also be the same fabric as the Soumak and Spitak.
The other correlations for scarf/sweater/cardi in same fabrics would be :
miro / tashir / ??
soumak / spitak / kaghak
?? / sisian / ijevan
Some stockists are using the wrong names for the types also (OC comes to mind off the top of my head; they have a sisian sweater labeled as a spitak iirc)post #2637 of 886612/20/12 at 5:24pmGot my turk cardigan in, the cotton is very soft and nice. More substantial than the sinbad scarf; the scarf fabric is very light and heavy but the turk fabric has at least some weight to it. Color is awesome and I'm very pleased with the pattern, and I can only imagine the red version vibrant and great. Went TTS and don't think I would have liked sizing down, since TTS fits very much like the pic platy posted (roomy in the body and a bit boxy and long arms).
Overall a very good purchase and I feel like it was kind of overlooked due to the more substantial ijevan. Very happy I managed to pick it up for around $200 since I had been eyeing it since the beginning, though I still wouldn't justify it at the ~$300 retail price.post #2638 of 886612/20/12 at 7:01pmpost #2639 of 886612/20/12 at 8:22pmpost #2640 of 886612/21/12 at 12:58amQuote:Originally Posted by worakl
Okay, let's do this. Online stockists:
Quoted for sales time enabling.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Currently, there are 1658 Active Users (339 Members and 1319 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Isaia Napoli MTO Sport Coat - Base S Body - 52/42R 27 seconds ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 28 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 44 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › What MANLY stuff did you do today? 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...