Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: CDGS, Lad, Julius, LeU, DBSS, SS, ZB, Raf, etc. upd 12.29.2014 Last post on 12/3/15 at 1:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- S.N.S. Herning Stark in Blue Gene Last post on Today at 1:23 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Inis Meain Linen Fisherman Sweater - White, XL Last post on Today at 4:41 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- `as Last post on Yesterday at 11:04 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. - Page 176
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2627 of 778512/18/12 at 7:35pmpost #2628 of 778512/19/12 at 12:43pmpost #2629 of 778512/19/12 at 2:01pmpost #2630 of 778512/19/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
It depends on the cardigan, it's usually pretty easy to tell whether or not they are on the softer side or coarser side from the blends and pics though. I have a few, some soft, some not as soft. I mean we're talking wool here, and he doesn't use shetland wool that I'm aware of so SS wool is generally going to be more along the lines of merino. You need to remember SS is more refined/dressed up than say SNS for instance so it's going to lend itself to the softer side if you catch my drift.
PS: I got to handle the quilted reversible jacket from SW and it's a really nice piece. Only issue is I tried it in a size 3, and not my usual size 4. It fits in sleeve length and body, but a bit too restricting in the sleeves and pit/shoulder areas. I'm pretty sure the 4 would be better fit in those areas just worried the sleeves and body might get too long as they are just about right. The piece is really nice. Color and wool materials are top notch, I even like the revere side.
I also received the dark blue/burgundy Ijevan in a 3. Comparing the Dark Grey in 4 that I purchased a while ago and comparing the two, I have to say the 3 is my preferred fit. Both suit me, the 4 a bit more on the looser and longer side (oversized but not to the point where it's a bad fit) while the 3 fits just right in the shoulder and shorter length is money as well. No pulling at all and certainly not fitted. The dark grey may be hitting the B&S soon. I think the burgundy is a really nice mix of maroon and navy though, underrated colorway in my opinion. If you're on the fence on this one in the smaller sizes, you should jump on Suspension Points stock before they're gone.post #2631 of 778512/19/12 at 9:48pmpost #2632 of 778512/20/12 at 2:32pm
I know the quoted post is from quite a while ago, but...
Poncho Tapestry (Tapis)
The above posters have it right in regards to the Soumak / Ijevan fabric comparison. Since many of the Schneider custom fabrics are used only on a few specific styles each season one must be specific when comparing them.post #2633 of 778512/20/12 at 3:43pmpost #2634 of 778512/20/12 at 4:30pmpost #2635 of 778512/20/12 at 4:50pmpost #2636 of 778512/20/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
I know others have chimed in, but I have both a Soumak scarf and just got the Spitak crew in the mail. They're pretty much the same kind of fabric/weave, so the Kaghak cardigan should also be the same fabric as the Soumak and Spitak.
The other correlations for scarf/sweater/cardi in same fabrics would be :
miro / tashir / ??
soumak / spitak / kaghak
?? / sisian / ijevan
Some stockists are using the wrong names for the types also (OC comes to mind off the top of my head; they have a sisian sweater labeled as a spitak iirc)post #2637 of 778512/20/12 at 5:24pmGot my turk cardigan in, the cotton is very soft and nice. More substantial than the sinbad scarf; the scarf fabric is very light and heavy but the turk fabric has at least some weight to it. Color is awesome and I'm very pleased with the pattern, and I can only imagine the red version vibrant and great. Went TTS and don't think I would have liked sizing down, since TTS fits very much like the pic platy posted (roomy in the body and a bit boxy and long arms).
Overall a very good purchase and I feel like it was kind of overlooked due to the more substantial ijevan. Very happy I managed to pick it up for around $200 since I had been eyeing it since the beginning, though I still wouldn't justify it at the ~$300 retail price.post #2638 of 778512/20/12 at 7:01pmpost #2639 of 778512/20/12 at 8:22pmpost #2640 of 778512/21/12 at 12:58amQuote:Originally Posted by worakl
Okay, let's do this. Online stockists:
Quoted for sales time enabling.
- Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Currently, there are 1461 Active Users (346 Members and 1115 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 1 minute ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...