• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can we please ban APPLE EARBUDS IN PUBLIC!

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever I am on the train, those idiots with the "white" apple earbuds are blasting their crappy music for everyone to hear and no, its not just minorities (although they are the bulk of it) I'd like Apple to stop making the POS, but id support a ban on them in public, more music is let out to the public than the moron wearing them actually hears. I'm getting to a breaking point of just ripping them out whenever someone next to me is blasting his crap in my ears!!
censored.gif
end rant.

alexanduh

Reaction score
i dont understand why people still use them in the first place. ******* insane.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why do you care so much? There are far worse things that people do and wear. Get over it and focus your rage on something important.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how well educated those people are?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Whenever I am on the train, those idiots with the "white" apple earbuds are blasting their crappy music for everyone to hear and no, its not just minorities (although they are the bulk of it) I'd like Apple to stop making the POS, but id support a ban on them in public, more music is let out to the public than the moron wearing them actually hears. I'm getting to a breaking point of just ripping them out whenever someone next to me is blasting his crap in my ears!!
censored.gif
end rant.

i bet you have some friends that are minorities as well.
smile.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
smile.gif

laugh.gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Do you have any idea how well educated those people are?

laugh.gif

The people who have experiance this douchebaggery on a daily basis can understand my frustration, the kicker is these things sound terrible make everyone around you miserable and are very uncomfortable, plus they break pretty quickly.
The crazy part is, I know many many many ppl (trust me on this) that will ONLY buy these earbuds they think its some sorta status symbol or something (chinese alpha male syndrome?) they pay 30.00 dollars every couple of months for these utter crap earbuds. It's just a reminder as i head to and from work, how many dumb herd-mentality ppl live in nyc.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
smile.gif

Go on the nyc subway system and tell me otherwise.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only time I use the white ones is when I am driving and don't have my bluetooth on me for whatever reason. For having a phone conversation they are just fine.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go on the nyc subway system and tell me otherwise, I call 'em as i see 'em
There are plenty of minorities on the subway that wear normal earphones and don't bother anyone, those ppl are a pleasure to sit near.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
laugh.gif

The people who have experiance this douchebaggery on a daily basis can understand my frustration, the kicker is these things sound terrible make everyone around you miserable and are very uncomfortable, plus they break pretty quickly.
The crazy part is, I know many many many ppl (trust me on this) that will ONLY buy these earbuds they think its some sorta status symbol or something (chinese alpha male syndrome?) they pay 30.00 dollars every couple of months for these utter crap earbuds. It's just a reminder as i head to and from work, how many dumb herd-mentality ppl live in nyc.

not true... all you have to do is show up to an applestore (I prefer the west village location) and show them your broken earbuds... they replace them no question for free. the Ashins are aware of this wonderful loophole and will replace earbuds at the slightest sounds of static.

the apple earbuds let out less noise than those larger DJ style cans (IE Dr Dre beats) that a ton of people wear.

I personally religiously listen to my patient case files/voice notes. Its NYC mang...its to block out the outside noise.

What I don't understand is people running with music blasting music in the middle of the busy parks and cities... it has to increase your chance of dying by 70%. Sure running in uninterrupted loops, desolate parks, and seaside paths with music is OK, but not on broadway in the middle of soho...

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
not true... all you have to do is show up to an applestore (I prefer the west village location) and show them your broken earbuds... they replace them no question for free. the Ashins are aware of this wonderful loophole and will replace earbuds at the slightest sounds of static.

the apple earbuds let out less noise than those larger DJ style cans (IE Dr Dre beats) that a ton of people wear.

I personally religiously listen to my patient case files/voice notes. Its NYC mang...its to block out the outside noise.

What I don't understand is people running with music blasting music in the middle of the busy parks and cities... it has to increase your chance of dying by 70%. Sure running in uninterrupted loops, desolate parks, and seaside paths with music is OK, but not on broadway in the middle of soho...

I have personally sold 100s of pairs of these earbuds when i tried to convince that you can better buds even for less money they refuse, they only want apple earbuds.

Beats are bad as well i had a pair they dont stay in your ears, the cans if they are closed back do not leak out noise that much.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^the thing is you can hate on the earbuds all you want, but they come free with all ipods/ipads/ and more importantly iphones. so there are 10s of millions of people that have them standard with their equipment. Its like shoelaces on shoes. You can change them out if you want, but 99% of people are just going to use what laces came with the shoes.

I'd rather listen to the buzz from someone esle's earbuds than some crazy dude ranting about the jews, 4 high school kids selling M&M's for their "education", a mariachi band, a boom box with 3 kids breakdancing in the middle of the train, or worse someone having a totally private awkward conversation in full view of 100 other people in a train.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads