or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012 - Page 43

post #631 of 3717
Barca-Valencia....

shirt sponsor-less Valencia is wearing the team's twitter handle on their shirt front. There isn't a facepalm big enough for that.
post #632 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post


SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP

You say you are a real fan of the game while the rest of us are not?
Then why is it that we are talking about the game, while you just attempt to bait people into confrontation? You are shitting up a good thread and have contributed absolutely nothing of interest. Thanks asshole!

Talk about the game or leave this thread to people who will.

btw You have no idea why anyone supports any particular club until they tell you, so don't make assumptions.

Not in the slightest but I am a real supporter of my club whereas I suspect many of the people on here are not, particularly the guy who said he started following Barcelona because they signed Ronaldinho.
post #633 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post

Barca-Valencia....

shirt sponsor-less Valencia is wearing the team's twitter handle on their shirt front. There isn't a facepalm big enough for that.

Are they sponsorless because they couldn't find one or because they didn't want one? A few clubs in England have had no sponsors recently, West Ham's went bust part way through the season, West Brom decided not to have one and a Division 3 or 4 side couldn't find one.
post #634 of 3717
You do not need to have a certain geographical connection or anything to pick what team you support. I have a silly reason why I support who I do, but as long as you really do support them when they are up and down, I think that is really what matters. I live in the US and have not made it to England, but when they came to the US a few years ago I made damn sure that I saw them.
post #635 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post


Not in the slightest but I am a real supporter of my club whereas I suspect many of the people on here are not, particularly the guy who said he started following Barcelona because they signed Ronaldinho.

Well then can we all agree to disagree and move on from this topic? It is boring.
post #636 of 3717
Bravo!

Yeah, I'd read an article about a decent number of La Liga teams going without sponsorship this year. I'm trying to track it back down for specifics.
post #637 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Don't get me started.

Should I really be this upset though, given SHA's reasoning? To a team from the backwater of Cantabria, nonetheless?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ffffuuuu.gif

I watched part of that match...they didn't look real good.
You might as well go back to supporting only Las Vegas North-East Central Community College...and nobody else!
Seriously, all this "what defines a real supporter" talk is getting damned tedious.

Damn, Falcao was a good pick-up for Atletico...no missing Forlan there.

Milan losing to Udinese now, Juve tied by Bologna and Palermo winning! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
(I really only support Inter, but Udinese and Palermo have always been other favorites of mine, mainly because they play good calcio and develop fantastic players on low budgets.
I also was an avid Venezia fan, being from there, but now they're in Serie ZZZ or something for years and I never see them.)
Crap, El Shaarawi just equalized for AC Milan.

Obligatory goal video: fantastic back-heel volley by Venezia's Pippo Maniero (cross by Alvaro "il Chino" Recoba) to beat Empoli 3-2 in Serie A,1998-99.
post #638 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by xudisco07 View Post

You do not need to have a certain geographical connection or anything to pick what team you support. I have a silly reason why I support who I do, but as long as you really do support them when they are up and down, I think that is really what matters. I live in the US and have not made it to England, but when they came to the US a few years ago I made damn sure that I saw them.

Who and why? I have nothing wrong with picking a team you want to do well, just that it cannot possibly mean as much to you as it does to someone who goes every week or feels that the club represents their town or city.
post #639 of 3717
Wow...what a f-ing miss by Soldado.

Makes F Torres' miss sitter look admirable.
post #640 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post

Wow...what a f-ing miss by Soldado.

Makes F Torres' miss sitter look admirable.

He's just making sure Torres' place in del Bosque's setup remains assured. Can't shake the world-champion's boat, y'know.
post #641 of 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post

Obligatory goal video: fantastic back-heel volley by Venezia's Pippo Maniero (cross by Alvaro "il Chino" Recoba) to beat Empoli 3-2 in Serie A,1998-99.

Nice.


post #642 of 3717
Chelsea win on penalties, miracles do happen.
post #643 of 3717
CEEEEEEESC!!!!!
post #644 of 3717
Again west Brom manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory frown.gif Still it's only the Carling cup.
post #645 of 3717
Ranieri is new inter coach..best fo luck to him,already inter gets a break as all teams lose points yesterday.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012