or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I sold my car, but the buyer is upset...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I sold my car, but the buyer is upset... - Page 8

post #106 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
Update: TV reporter called, I spoke "off the record" for a few minutes, she got aggressive, I hung up. Called the TV station and they have no one of that name working there. Google search of the phone number revealed a woman from the same small town as the buyer.
Are you incapable of leaving this alone? She is obviously running a scam. Simply stop answering her calls, save all her messages and move on with your life. If the harassment continues, file a report with the police and have your attorney send her notice.
post #107 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouttsClient View Post
Are you incapable of leaving this alone? She is obviously running a scam.

Simply stop answering her calls, save all her messages and move on with your life. If the harassment continues, file a report with the police and have your attorney send her notice.

+1000. And stop posting about it here.
post #108 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
Update: TV reporter called, I spoke "off the record" for a few minutes, she got aggressive, I hung up. Called the TV station and they have no one of that name working there. Google search of the phone number revealed a woman from the same small town as the buyer.

Hhahahahahahahaha this is awesome
post #109 of 135
looking forward to seeing you soon on Judge Judy. please dont forget to slyly flash the secret SF hand signal
post #110 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
Update: TV reporter called, I spoke "off the record" for a few minutes, she got aggressive, I hung up. Called the TV station and they have no one of that name working there. Google search of the phone number revealed a woman from the same small town as the buyer.
The girl is in love with you......
post #111 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
or she had her brother call and try to scare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
Update: TV reporter called, I spoke "off the record" for a few minutes, she got aggressive, I hung up. Called the TV station and they have no one of that name working there. Google search of the phone number revealed a woman from the same small town as the buyer.

called it 2 pages ago
post #112 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouttsClient View Post
Are you incapable of leaving this alone? She is obviously running a scam.

Simply stop answering her calls, save all her messages and move on with your life. If the harassment continues, file a report with the police and have your attorney send her notice.

+10000.
OP is being a dipshit right now. "Off the record??" No such thing if she is trying to scam you!
STOP ANSWERING/RESPONDING TO ANYTHING! You are gonna say/txt something to HER that you shouldn't!
post #113 of 135
I think OP should continue to update the story. Having a friend of the buyer pose as an "investigative reporter" takes it to an extra level of craziness. What really needs to happen is, the mysterious "thunk" sound is caused by a tin box containing a kilo of The White Stuff, hidden there by an auto worker just as some Very Bad People that he'd stolen it from were closing in on him ... now his brother and his (the late auto worker's) girlfriend have figured out where the car is (they hated each other at first but are learning to work together ....), but so have the VBP and a corrupt narcotics agent. That would be cool.
post #114 of 135
K....at this point, ol' boy deserves whatever he gets. Wow.
post #115 of 135
I love this thread.
post #116 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
K....at this point, ol' boy deserves whatever he gets. Wow.

+1

Whomsoever obstinately refuses to listen to the collective voice of wisdom, indeed deserves whatever bad luck comes his way.

Being ethical is one thing(refund the purchase then, and take the jalopy back) Being smart and playing it by the book is another. One can't sit between two chairs
post #117 of 135
There has been a lot of good advice in the thread, and this might be selfish but... what if you disregarded all of it and continued the saga for our lulz?
post #118 of 135
FWIW I enjoyed reading this threak.
Thanks
post #119 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent View Post
There has been a lot of good advice in the thread, and this might be selfish but... what if you disregarded all of it and continued the saga for our lulz?

good pt!
post #120 of 135
There's a saga full of lulz about a recent college graduate who got a job and now is agonizing over buying a bmw or not. Highly recommended!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I sold my car, but the buyer is upset...