Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:50 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 63
Styleforum Top Pickspost #932 of 688010/22/12 at 7:21amQuote:
I'm going on a cruise in December as well (over New Year's Eve), and I faced the same decision. I ended up with a Joseph a bank signature peak lapel tuxedo for 300. I probably would have preferred suit supply if I had known about it at the time. But if you can't get a good fit, then it probably isn't the way to go. Unfortunately, in that price range, there are very few options for a peak lapel tuxedo.post #933 of 688010/22/12 at 7:27ampost #934 of 688010/22/12 at 8:04amQuote:They sell the tuxedo-trousers separately. Productcode "B1109".Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #935 of 688010/22/12 at 8:07ampost #936 of 688010/22/12 at 8:23amQuote:
Loose where? Loose in the shoulders is unfixable. Loose anywhere else is fixable.post #937 of 688010/22/12 at 9:48ampost #938 of 688010/22/12 at 10:01amfor what it's worth, i purchased the washington peak lapel tuxedo in the spring (may have been last season's collection since the picture on the website is different).
i wear a 40R in other suits so i purchased the 40R. the jacket was fine. the waist was very suppressed so i would have had to let it out a bit. the pants were beyond alterations. i have large soccer thighs, and the pants made it look like i was wearing leggings. so i ended up having to return it.
i ended up buying a peak lapel tuxedo from the wizard of aahs for $300ish.post #939 of 688010/22/12 at 10:43ampost #940 of 688010/22/12 at 10:55amQuote:
So the shoulders work on both the 38L and the 40L? I would think they could only be perfect on one of them.post #941 of 688010/22/12 at 11:17ampost #942 of 688010/22/12 at 11:33amQuote:
Since you mentioned that you go on cruises often, I would go for it. I only have one upcoming cruise planned, and I ended up buying one. Since you cruise often, can you comment on the percentage of people wearing tuxedos on the formal nights?post #943 of 688010/22/12 at 11:53amTo be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.post #944 of 688010/22/12 at 12:33pmpost #945 of 688010/22/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
To be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.
Do it. You will really enjoy the ritual aspect of putting it on - cuff links, studs, bow tie, etc.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › TV>>>Nottm Forest vs Fulham Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 20 seconds ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 42 seconds ago
- › TV>>>Bayern Munich vs Manchester City Live stream UEFA Champions... 57 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 58 seconds ago
- › SOCCER=Barcelona vs Apoel Nic live 1 minute ago
- › TV>>>AS Roma vs CSKA Moscow Live stream UEFA Champions League 2014 1 minute ago
- › HD===TV=====LIVE>>>Bayern Munich vs Manchester City 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › TV>>>Ajax vs Paris Saint Germain Live stream UEFA Champions League... 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)