Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 63
Styleforum Top Pickspost #932 of 976410/22/12 at 7:21amQuote:
I'm going on a cruise in December as well (over New Year's Eve), and I faced the same decision. I ended up with a Joseph a bank signature peak lapel tuxedo for 300. I probably would have preferred suit supply if I had known about it at the time. But if you can't get a good fit, then it probably isn't the way to go. Unfortunately, in that price range, there are very few options for a peak lapel tuxedo.post #933 of 976410/22/12 at 7:27ampost #934 of 976410/22/12 at 8:04amQuote:They sell the tuxedo-trousers separately. Productcode "B1109".Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #935 of 976410/22/12 at 8:07ampost #936 of 976410/22/12 at 8:23amQuote:
Loose where? Loose in the shoulders is unfixable. Loose anywhere else is fixable.post #937 of 976410/22/12 at 9:48ampost #938 of 976410/22/12 at 10:01amfor what it's worth, i purchased the washington peak lapel tuxedo in the spring (may have been last season's collection since the picture on the website is different).
i wear a 40R in other suits so i purchased the 40R. the jacket was fine. the waist was very suppressed so i would have had to let it out a bit. the pants were beyond alterations. i have large soccer thighs, and the pants made it look like i was wearing leggings. so i ended up having to return it.
i ended up buying a peak lapel tuxedo from the wizard of aahs for $300ish.post #939 of 976410/22/12 at 10:43ampost #940 of 976410/22/12 at 10:55amQuote:
So the shoulders work on both the 38L and the 40L? I would think they could only be perfect on one of them.post #941 of 976410/22/12 at 11:17ampost #942 of 976410/22/12 at 11:33amQuote:
Since you mentioned that you go on cruises often, I would go for it. I only have one upcoming cruise planned, and I ended up buying one. Since you cruise often, can you comment on the percentage of people wearing tuxedos on the formal nights?post #943 of 976410/22/12 at 11:53amTo be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.post #944 of 976410/22/12 at 12:33pmpost #945 of 976410/22/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
To be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.
Do it. You will really enjoy the ritual aspect of putting it on - cuff links, studs, bow tie, etc.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 7 minutes ago
- › ***5TH ANNUAL SF 2015-2016 YAHOO! FANTASY BASKETBALL FANTASY LEAGUE... 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Vintage Shoe Company - USA 26 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...