Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 63
Styleforum Top Pickspost #932 of 1178310/22/12 at 7:21amQuote:
I'm going on a cruise in December as well (over New Year's Eve), and I faced the same decision. I ended up with a Joseph a bank signature peak lapel tuxedo for 300. I probably would have preferred suit supply if I had known about it at the time. But if you can't get a good fit, then it probably isn't the way to go. Unfortunately, in that price range, there are very few options for a peak lapel tuxedo.post #933 of 1178310/22/12 at 7:27ampost #934 of 1178310/22/12 at 8:04amQuote:They sell the tuxedo-trousers separately. Productcode "B1109".Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #935 of 1178310/22/12 at 8:07ampost #936 of 1178310/22/12 at 8:23amQuote:
Loose where? Loose in the shoulders is unfixable. Loose anywhere else is fixable.post #937 of 1178310/22/12 at 9:48ampost #938 of 1178310/22/12 at 10:01amfor what it's worth, i purchased the washington peak lapel tuxedo in the spring (may have been last season's collection since the picture on the website is different).
i wear a 40R in other suits so i purchased the 40R. the jacket was fine. the waist was very suppressed so i would have had to let it out a bit. the pants were beyond alterations. i have large soccer thighs, and the pants made it look like i was wearing leggings. so i ended up having to return it.
i ended up buying a peak lapel tuxedo from the wizard of aahs for $300ish.post #939 of 1178310/22/12 at 10:43ampost #940 of 1178310/22/12 at 10:55amQuote:
So the shoulders work on both the 38L and the 40L? I would think they could only be perfect on one of them.post #941 of 1178310/22/12 at 11:17ampost #942 of 1178310/22/12 at 11:33amQuote:
Since you mentioned that you go on cruises often, I would go for it. I only have one upcoming cruise planned, and I ended up buying one. Since you cruise often, can you comment on the percentage of people wearing tuxedos on the formal nights?post #943 of 1178310/22/12 at 11:53amTo be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.post #944 of 1178310/22/12 at 12:33pmpost #945 of 1178310/22/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
To be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.
Do it. You will really enjoy the ritual aspect of putting it on - cuff links, studs, bow tie, etc.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 56 seconds ago
- › Insane Worldwide Pursuit for a DIESEL Belt 4 minutes ago
- › Vass stock clear out! $280 BNIB with shoe trees. sizes 40 - 40.5 -... 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 16 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 16 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...