Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on Today at 1:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Three-piece suits: waistcoats & side-tabs Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE February 20, 2015 - "Dress down your suit" Last post on 2/26/15 at 5:37am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 63
Styleforum Top Pickspost #932 of 857610/22/12 at 7:21amQuote:
I'm going on a cruise in December as well (over New Year's Eve), and I faced the same decision. I ended up with a Joseph a bank signature peak lapel tuxedo for 300. I probably would have preferred suit supply if I had known about it at the time. But if you can't get a good fit, then it probably isn't the way to go. Unfortunately, in that price range, there are very few options for a peak lapel tuxedo.post #933 of 857610/22/12 at 7:27ampost #934 of 857610/22/12 at 8:04amQuote:They sell the tuxedo-trousers separately. Productcode "B1109".Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #935 of 857610/22/12 at 8:07ampost #936 of 857610/22/12 at 8:23amQuote:
Loose where? Loose in the shoulders is unfixable. Loose anywhere else is fixable.post #937 of 857610/22/12 at 9:48ampost #938 of 857610/22/12 at 10:01amfor what it's worth, i purchased the washington peak lapel tuxedo in the spring (may have been last season's collection since the picture on the website is different).
i wear a 40R in other suits so i purchased the 40R. the jacket was fine. the waist was very suppressed so i would have had to let it out a bit. the pants were beyond alterations. i have large soccer thighs, and the pants made it look like i was wearing leggings. so i ended up having to return it.
i ended up buying a peak lapel tuxedo from the wizard of aahs for $300ish.post #939 of 857610/22/12 at 10:43ampost #940 of 857610/22/12 at 10:55amQuote:
So the shoulders work on both the 38L and the 40L? I would think they could only be perfect on one of them.post #941 of 857610/22/12 at 11:17ampost #942 of 857610/22/12 at 11:33amQuote:
Since you mentioned that you go on cruises often, I would go for it. I only have one upcoming cruise planned, and I ended up buying one. Since you cruise often, can you comment on the percentage of people wearing tuxedos on the formal nights?post #943 of 857610/22/12 at 11:53amTo be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.post #944 of 857610/22/12 at 12:33pmpost #945 of 857610/22/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
To be honest, there weren't many men wearing tuxedos on our last cruise, but the ones that did looked great. That's what got me thinking about wearing one because they seems to be enjoying the moment. My wife and I have had a very stressful year dealing with a health scare and being so busy that I wanted to make this cruise something special. I have plenty of suits, many of them MTM, but I never considered a tuxedo.
Do it. You will really enjoy the ritual aspect of putting it on - cuff links, studs, bow tie, etc.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 1 minute ago
- › DROP! NWOT Navy ISAIA Cable Knit Sweaters L - STABLE!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 7 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...