Sorry but what do u mean by "size up" ? I'm not sure what the processes are in this regard.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:30 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 62
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 689210/19/12 at 1:53pmpost #918 of 689210/19/12 at 1:54pmpost #919 of 689210/19/12 at 2:11pmpost #920 of 689210/19/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Don't bother sizing up. If you are sizing up, the suit will end up fitting you in some parts (chest), but will be the wrong size in other aspects (possibly shoulders). Really, you should be buying a different cut. Since Suit Supply has so many, you should be able to find a cut that works better for your body type.post #921 of 689210/19/12 at 7:47pmpost #922 of 689210/20/12 at 4:13ampost #923 of 689210/20/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
Yea thats probably what Im going to do. What confuses me is the statement that the Lazio is the shortest cut but it has the same measurements as the Washington and Siennna as far as the back lenght is concerned, which I presume dictates the overall length of the suit?post #924 of 689210/21/12 at 2:21am
Thanks for all your advise and the forum is extremely helpful in making a decision on the right type of suit for me. I'd appreciate some comments/advise based my analysis on the following;
The one thing that still gets me is that all information on the length of the 40r i.e. Lazio/Washington/Sienna are the same i.e. 30.7 and considering threads which state that the Washington is the longest, I would presume there is an error.
More importanty, for those who have experience with the fits of the Lazio and the Sienna, are they of the same length? I'm going based on the info on the website and they are both 30.7, Im not a fan of super long suits so if this is the case Im thinking of buying the Sienna because of the better attention to detail, which Im hoping is true. Any comments/advise?
Thanks!post #925 of 689210/21/12 at 8:51pmpost #926 of 689210/21/12 at 9:54pmpost #927 of 689210/22/12 at 5:54amI am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #928 of 689210/22/12 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.
How tight were the pants? It is usually possible to have them let out slightly, like 1 inch or so. You can ask ss how much extra fabric they have in there.post #929 of 689210/22/12 at 6:27ampost #930 of 689210/22/12 at 6:33amQuote:
If they are tight through the thighs, then there isn't much you can do. A good option is to go Suit Supply Mtm. It will cost a little more but you get a fully canvassed garment. I'm not sure you can get this done by cruise time, however. Maybe you could ask them about a mto option? You would order the pants in one size and the jacket in the other.
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › where can i buy Ambien no prescription 1 minute ago
- › Buy Detrol USA Online. Order Detrol Overnight Delivery 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label RLBL Anthony suit - 44R dark grey... 13 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)