Sorry but what do u mean by "size up" ? I'm not sure what the processes are in this regard.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 62post #917 of 1342410/19/12 at 1:53pmpost #918 of 1342410/19/12 at 1:54pmpost #919 of 1342410/19/12 at 2:11pmpost #920 of 1342410/19/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Don't bother sizing up. If you are sizing up, the suit will end up fitting you in some parts (chest), but will be the wrong size in other aspects (possibly shoulders). Really, you should be buying a different cut. Since Suit Supply has so many, you should be able to find a cut that works better for your body type.post #921 of 1342410/19/12 at 7:47pmpost #922 of 1342410/20/12 at 4:13ampost #923 of 1342410/20/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
Yea thats probably what Im going to do. What confuses me is the statement that the Lazio is the shortest cut but it has the same measurements as the Washington and Siennna as far as the back lenght is concerned, which I presume dictates the overall length of the suit?post #924 of 1342410/21/12 at 2:21am
Thanks for all your advise and the forum is extremely helpful in making a decision on the right type of suit for me. I'd appreciate some comments/advise based my analysis on the following;
The one thing that still gets me is that all information on the length of the 40r i.e. Lazio/Washington/Sienna are the same i.e. 30.7 and considering threads which state that the Washington is the longest, I would presume there is an error.
More importanty, for those who have experience with the fits of the Lazio and the Sienna, are they of the same length? I'm going based on the info on the website and they are both 30.7, Im not a fan of super long suits so if this is the case Im thinking of buying the Sienna because of the better attention to detail, which Im hoping is true. Any comments/advise?
Thanks!post #925 of 1342410/21/12 at 8:51pmpost #926 of 1342410/21/12 at 9:54pmpost #927 of 1342410/22/12 at 5:54amI am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #928 of 1342410/22/12 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.
How tight were the pants? It is usually possible to have them let out slightly, like 1 inch or so. You can ask ss how much extra fabric they have in there.post #929 of 1342410/22/12 at 6:27ampost #930 of 1342410/22/12 at 6:33amQuote:
If they are tight through the thighs, then there isn't much you can do. A good option is to go Suit Supply Mtm. It will cost a little more but you get a fully canvassed garment. I'm not sure you can get this done by cruise time, however. Maybe you could ask them about a mto option? You would order the pants in one size and the jacket in the other.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 16 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...