Sorry but what do u mean by "size up" ? I'm not sure what the processes are in this regard.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 62
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 965410/19/12 at 1:53pmpost #918 of 965410/19/12 at 1:54pmpost #919 of 965410/19/12 at 2:11pmpost #920 of 965410/19/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Don't bother sizing up. If you are sizing up, the suit will end up fitting you in some parts (chest), but will be the wrong size in other aspects (possibly shoulders). Really, you should be buying a different cut. Since Suit Supply has so many, you should be able to find a cut that works better for your body type.post #921 of 965410/19/12 at 7:47pmpost #922 of 965410/20/12 at 4:13ampost #923 of 965410/20/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
Yea thats probably what Im going to do. What confuses me is the statement that the Lazio is the shortest cut but it has the same measurements as the Washington and Siennna as far as the back lenght is concerned, which I presume dictates the overall length of the suit?post #924 of 965410/21/12 at 2:21am
Thanks for all your advise and the forum is extremely helpful in making a decision on the right type of suit for me. I'd appreciate some comments/advise based my analysis on the following;
The one thing that still gets me is that all information on the length of the 40r i.e. Lazio/Washington/Sienna are the same i.e. 30.7 and considering threads which state that the Washington is the longest, I would presume there is an error.
More importanty, for those who have experience with the fits of the Lazio and the Sienna, are they of the same length? I'm going based on the info on the website and they are both 30.7, Im not a fan of super long suits so if this is the case Im thinking of buying the Sienna because of the better attention to detail, which Im hoping is true. Any comments/advise?
Thanks!post #925 of 965410/21/12 at 8:51pmpost #926 of 965410/21/12 at 9:54pmpost #927 of 965410/22/12 at 5:54amI am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #928 of 965410/22/12 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.
How tight were the pants? It is usually possible to have them let out slightly, like 1 inch or so. You can ask ss how much extra fabric they have in there.post #929 of 965410/22/12 at 6:27ampost #930 of 965410/22/12 at 6:33amQuote:
If they are tight through the thighs, then there isn't much you can do. A good option is to go Suit Supply Mtm. It will cost a little more but you get a fully canvassed garment. I'm not sure you can get this done by cruise time, however. Maybe you could ask them about a mto option? You would order the pants in one size and the jacket in the other.
- Suitsupply NYC
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...