Sorry but what do u mean by "size up" ? I'm not sure what the processes are in this regard.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 62
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 939810/19/12 at 1:53pmpost #918 of 939810/19/12 at 1:54pmpost #919 of 939810/19/12 at 2:11pmpost #920 of 939810/19/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Don't bother sizing up. If you are sizing up, the suit will end up fitting you in some parts (chest), but will be the wrong size in other aspects (possibly shoulders). Really, you should be buying a different cut. Since Suit Supply has so many, you should be able to find a cut that works better for your body type.post #921 of 939810/19/12 at 7:47pmpost #922 of 939810/20/12 at 4:13ampost #923 of 939810/20/12 at 4:31pmQuote:
Yea thats probably what Im going to do. What confuses me is the statement that the Lazio is the shortest cut but it has the same measurements as the Washington and Siennna as far as the back lenght is concerned, which I presume dictates the overall length of the suit?post #924 of 939810/21/12 at 2:21am
Thanks for all your advise and the forum is extremely helpful in making a decision on the right type of suit for me. I'd appreciate some comments/advise based my analysis on the following;
The one thing that still gets me is that all information on the length of the 40r i.e. Lazio/Washington/Sienna are the same i.e. 30.7 and considering threads which state that the Washington is the longest, I would presume there is an error.
More importanty, for those who have experience with the fits of the Lazio and the Sienna, are they of the same length? I'm going based on the info on the website and they are both 30.7, Im not a fan of super long suits so if this is the case Im thinking of buying the Sienna because of the better attention to detail, which Im hoping is true. Any comments/advise?
Thanks!post #925 of 939810/21/12 at 8:51pmpost #926 of 939810/21/12 at 9:54pmpost #927 of 939810/22/12 at 5:54amI am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.post #928 of 939810/22/12 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by beowolf
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.
How tight were the pants? It is usually possible to have them let out slightly, like 1 inch or so. You can ask ss how much extra fabric they have in there.post #929 of 939810/22/12 at 6:27ampost #930 of 939810/22/12 at 6:33amQuote:
If they are tight through the thighs, then there isn't much you can do. A good option is to go Suit Supply Mtm. It will cost a little more but you get a fully canvassed garment. I'm not sure you can get this done by cruise time, however. Maybe you could ask them about a mto option? You would order the pants in one size and the jacket in the other.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Norse Projects Jarl Wool Sweat Pants size L 16 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Singapore tailors 2015 thread 30 seconds ago
- › [FS] Kid Cudi x Surface to Air Fire Jacket XXL 57 seconds ago
- › Shoe Trades - UK11/US12D: EG, JL, Alden, Vass, Carmina, Ralph... 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...