or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 62

post #916 of 6297

Sorry but what do u mean by "size up" ? I'm not sure what the processes are in this regard.

post #917 of 6297
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitfreak View Post

Sorry but what do u mean by size up?
Go a size higher than what you usually wear.
post #918 of 6297

Alright so I can actually buy 2 different sizes between the suit and pants?

post #919 of 6297
lol
post #920 of 6297
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitfreak View Post

Sorry but what do u mean by "size up" ? I'm not sure what the processes are in this regard.

Don't bother sizing up. If you are sizing up, the suit will end up fitting you in some parts (chest), but will be the wrong size in other aspects (possibly shoulders). Really, you should be buying a different cut. Since Suit Supply has so many, you should be able to find a cut that works better for your body type.

post #921 of 6297

True, Im just not a fan of suts that are too long and it seems only the Lazio fits that description in the 40R, plus my waisteline wont fit a 38R so to sum in up, Im probably not suited for the suits available..."sigh"

post #922 of 6297
You could always buy the closest size that fits in the shoulders and have the chest/waist adjusted by a tailor.
post #923 of 6297
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

You could always buy the closest size that fits in the shoulders and have the chest/waist adjusted by a tailor.

 

Yea thats probably what Im going to do. What confuses me is the statement that the Lazio is the shortest cut but it has the same measurements as the Washington and Siennna as far as the back lenght is concerned, which I presume dictates the overall length of the suit?

post #924 of 6297

Gentlemen,

 

Thanks for all your advise and the forum is extremely helpful in making a decision on the right type of suit for me. I'd appreciate some comments/advise based my analysis on the following;

 

The one thing that still gets me is that all information on the length of the 40r i.e. Lazio/Washington/Sienna are the same i.e. 30.7 and considering threads which state that the Washington is the longest, I would presume there is an error.

 

More importanty, for those who have experience with the fits of the Lazio and the Sienna, are they of the same length? I'm going based on the info on the website and they are both 30.7, Im not a fan of super long suits so if this is the case Im thinking of buying the Sienna because of the better attention to detail, which Im hoping is true. Any comments/advise?

 

Thanks!

post #925 of 6297
Considering pulling the trigger on the Washington cut, but wanted to ask if someone with a size 40 Regular could post the actual waist/hip/thigh measurements of the pants/trousers. Also, is it possible to let the the trousers out a bit should they be too tight at the waist?
post #926 of 6297

Does the washington cut have the wide/peak lapel every season?

 

That's their slimmest fit correct? Has anyone bought one - how would it compare to a Dior slim cut, for instance?

 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

post #927 of 6297
I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:

http://us.suitsupply.com/suit-black-plain-tuxedo-p1109a/P1109a,en_US,pd.html?start=1&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Evening

I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.
post #928 of 6297
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:
http://us.suitsupply.com/suit-black-plain-tuxedo-p1109a/P1109a,en_US,pd.html?start=1&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Evening
I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.

How tight were the pants? It is usually possible to have them let out slightly, like 1 inch or so. You can ask ss how much extra fabric they have in there.
post #929 of 6297
They are really tight, I have a slim build but muscular thighs and there is not much room to loosen the legs, the waist could come out some.
post #930 of 6297
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

They are really tight, I have a slim build but muscular thighs and there is not much room to loosen the legs, the waist could come out some.

If they are tight through the thighs, then there isn't much you can do. A good option is to go Suit Supply Mtm. It will cost a little more but you get a fully canvassed garment. I'm not sure you can get this done by cruise time, however. Maybe you could ask them about a mto option? You would order the pants in one size and the jacket in the other.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC