or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 54

post #796 of 6928

So I took some better pics of my 38R Napoli.  Pants were hemmed, otherwise no alterations were made.  I am interested in your thoughts, I (in my limited experience) am very happy with the purchase.  (1 of my sleeves is slightly bunched up, disregard my right cuff).

 

post #797 of 6928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Here's 38R Havana with no alterations.
I like the fit of the Sienna posted above - very nice.
648F9B8E-9DF8-4BFD-B528-72CEB8FFCE6A-4198-000003C516213906_zps277e7a36.jpg

That looks very good.
post #798 of 6928

Nice Suitsupply tidbit. Helping the Italian fabric industry.

post #799 of 6928

I am debating between going with Kent Wang MTM or SuitSupply MTM. My understanding is that the SuitSupply MTM suits are fully-canvassed, like the Kent Wang. Can anyone confirm this?

post #800 of 6928

They are. 

post #801 of 6928
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I am debating between going with Kent Wang MTM or SuitSupply MTM. My understanding is that the SuitSupply MTM suits are fully-canvassed, like the Kent Wang. Can anyone confirm this?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuponoodles View Post

They are. 

 

Thanks. Now I am leaning in the direction of Suit Supply, since I can get measured in-person, and don't have to deal with shipping.

post #802 of 6928
Most SuitSupply MtM suits are not canvassed, with the exception of their jort models- correct?
post #803 of 6928
Off the rack the suits priced at 769 are half canvassed. The Jort at 999 full canvassed. I didn't know they had mtm. Would of been nice seeing I spent 130 in alterations on the Jort in store.
post #804 of 6928

From their RTW line, all the suits are half-canvassed save for the Jort model. 

 

In their MTM line, all the suits are fully canvassed. 

post #805 of 6928

On twitter https://twitter.com/MrSuitsupply Suitsupply announced:

 

 

Quote from this interview from 2011 with Fokke de Jong:

 http://www.mrketplace.com/16259/suitsupply-coming-to-america/


On the difference between the U.S. and European markets: There’s probably going to be a lot of difference between the U.S. and Europe markets. We already see a difference in fits, in Europe it’s still much slimmer than the U.S.

post #806 of 6928
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormsR View Post

On twitter https://twitter.com/MrSuitsupply Suitsupply announced:
 


Quote from this interview from 2011 with Fokke de Jong:
 http://www.mrketplace.com/16259/suitsupply-coming-to-america/

On the difference between the U.S. and European markets:
 There’s probably going to be a lot of difference between the U.S. and Europe markets. We already see a difference in fits, in Europe it’s still much slimmer than the U.S.

so what?
They should rather be opening up in Vienna biggrin.gif
post #807 of 6928
which three piece suit would you recommend from suit supply (construction, material) ? thanks!
post #808 of 6928
Which suits would you most recommend?

I'm looking for a nice three-piece suit but could also try others? Pictures would also be appreciated. Thanks !!
post #809 of 6928
Quote:
Originally Posted by ville_e View Post

Which suits would you most recommend?
I'm looking for a nice three-piece suit but could also try others? Pictures would also be appreciated. Thanks !!

There are the pictures on the website. You should buy every suit that they have available. Maybe buy 2 of some of them.
post #810 of 6928
Quote:
Originally Posted by ville_e View Post

which three piece suit would you recommend from suit supply (construction, material) ? thanks!

Since it is all one brand the more expensive models will have nicer materials and construction. Jort is their high end but it is not a 3 piece. You should be more concerned with the specific style and fit of each model range ie. Washington is their trendiest with peak lapels and slimmest fit with loud patterns thou nice I would not wear that for a conservative interview. I think you should look at the pictures and decide the intent of your suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC