or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 47

post #691 of 6706
didn't arrive yet... It is gone from the website, too (wasn't the windowpane one).
I hope it will come soon, they promised to deliver until September.
post #692 of 6706
Just ordered Havana jacket, Copenhagen jacket and chinos. I'll post when they arrive.
post #693 of 6706
Timotune, do you have the productcode for the jacket?
post #694 of 6706

I

nterview with Fokke de Jong during the opening of the store in Washington.

post #695 of 6706
THouhgt I would post a reply as I mentioned some time ago that I had a MTM jacket made. The reports are largely positive with one major negative. Will post pics later if interest.

A reminder, in case you need one. Was vacationing in Amsterdam so was in the MTM shop by the museum quarter. Really nice staff, cool store. perhaps one of the first? it wasn't gigantic by any means, but the two MTM guys were very helpful. ordered a jacket on the Roma fit, which has intermediate shoulders versus the London, which has most, and the Napoli, I think, which had the least. They made adjustments, waist suppression, sleaes, and lowered the button point. Also I had them take up the arm hole a little, and they did some sort of modification on the point where the chest meets the shoulder, I think to try to deal with my sloping shoulder a bit.

Anyway, I was doing a bit of traveling in Europe so arranged for it to be sent to Antwerp where I just was. no charge for the ship, and I think it took about 4-5 weeks to make, cut fabric in Italy, sewn in China, then back to Europe. The total cost was on a special, so 299 euros, which after VAT rebate of 34 dollars amounted to about 330 or so. I tout it was a deal. It was with their basic fabrics, all wool.

Ok, tried it on in ANTWERP. that shop is much bigger, lots of nice looking things for fall including some nice scarves, pouchets, and jackets. My jacket looked rather nice...will post picks in the next few days. the back doesn't seem to have any of the unsightly rippling from OTR jackets that need to be altered, suppression at waist was good, though perhaps slightly higher on the button stance than I would like. But it looks good, I think.

only trouble. I feel the arm hole pressing into my front shoulder. see A Tailor's recent post on this. The thought is that they didn't account sufficiently for my forward shoulder. It's vaguely uncomfortable, though when I'm focused on something else, I don't notice it, though at the end of the day it bothers me more. I had felt some tiGhtening around the arm pit in the store, and originally thought it might be the arm hole height, but the woman at Antwerp who helped me thought there was a enough space, and I used Despos measure, two fingers from arm pit to bottom of hole. so, that was ok. A Tailor explains what went wrong. Anyway it was suggested to me that it MIT just be a feature of the hier arm hole, and something I should get I'd to. so, I took it. By the next day, I realized the issues after wearing it for a day...the jacket seems to have contoured itself to my body, so the tightening is at front shoulder now rather than lower arm pit, if at is possible.

So, what to do? the should have got this right. it looks great on the outside, feels less good on the inside. it's not cutting, but like a vague pressing. I'm almost inclined to keep it and suffer slightly for the look. I haven't heard from the Amsterdam folks yet, thou I just emailed then. Trouble is, I live in a non suit supply city in the US. Not sure I can return it and the fix is expensive, apparently.

So, there is much to recommend, but I think it's important to know some of your special foibles. I don't know if they didn't notice my slouch, or just didn't do it right, but in the future, I would emphasize my cshoulder challenges before doing it again.

Will I do this again? well, when I first tried the jacket on, I started looking at e fabrics for e second, so was inclined. the look is great. But I can't do it now until 1. They fix this coat, or respond in some wayt that satisfies me, and 2. I am confident that they can adjust to fix future coats.

I wish it had gone better. would have ordered a couple of coats in the spring.

I'd be interested if anyone has had similar problems oMTM, and how it was resolved.
post #696 of 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

THouhgt I would post a reply as I mentioned some time ago that I had a MTM jacket made. The reports are largely positive with one major negative. Will post pics later if interest.
A reminder, in case you need one. Was vacationing in Amsterdam so was in the MTM shop by the museum quarter. Really nice staff, cool store. perhaps one of the first? it wasn't gigantic by any means, but the two MTM guys were very helpful. ordered a jacket on the Roma fit, which has intermediate shoulders versus the London, which has most, and the Napoli, I think, which had the least. They made adjustments, waist suppression, sleaes, and lowered the button point. Also I had them take up the arm hole a little, and they did some sort of modification on the point where the chest meets the shoulder, I think to try to deal with my sloping shoulder a bit.
Anyway, I was doing a bit of traveling in Europe so arranged for it to be sent to Antwerp where I just was. no charge for the ship, and I think it took about 4-5 weeks to make, cut fabric in Italy, sewn in China, then back to Europe. The total cost was on a special, so 299 euros, which after VAT rebate of 34 dollars amounted to about 330 or so. I tout it was a deal. It was with their basic fabrics, all wool.
Ok, tried it on in ANTWERP. that shop is much bigger, lots of nice looking things for fall including some nice scarves, pouchets, and jackets. My jacket looked rather nice...will post picks in the next few days. the back doesn't seem to have any of the unsightly rippling from OTR jackets that need to be altered, suppression at waist was good, though perhaps slightly higher on the button stance than I would like. But it looks good, I think.
only trouble. I feel the arm hole pressing into my front shoulder. see A Tailor's recent post on this. The thought is that they didn't account sufficiently for my forward shoulder. It's vaguely uncomfortable, though when I'm focused on something else, I don't notice it, though at the end of the day it bothers me more. I had felt some tiGhtening around the arm pit in the store, and originally thought it might be the arm hole height, but the woman at Antwerp who helped me thought there was a enough space, and I used Despos measure, two fingers from arm pit to bottom of hole. so, that was ok. A Tailor explains what went wrong. Anyway it was suggested to me that it MIT just be a feature of the hier arm hole, and something I should get I'd to. so, I took it. By the next day, I realized the issues after wearing it for a day...the jacket seems to have contoured itself to my body, so the tightening is at front shoulder now rather than lower arm pit, if at is possible.
So, what to do? the should have got this right. it looks great on the outside, feels less good on the inside. it's not cutting, but like a vague pressing. I'm almost inclined to keep it and suffer slightly for the look. I haven't heard from the Amsterdam folks yet, thou I just emailed then. Trouble is, I live in a non suit supply city in the US. Not sure I can return it and the fix is expensive, apparently.
So, there is much to recommend, but I think it's important to know some of your special foibles. I don't know if they didn't notice my slouch, or just didn't do it right, but in the future, I would emphasize my cshoulder challenges before doing it again.
Will I do this again? well, when I first tried the jacket on, I started looking at e fabrics for e second, so was inclined. the look is great. But I can't do it now until 1. They fix this coat, or respond in some wayt that satisfies me, and 2. I am confident that they can adjust to fix future coats.
I wish it had gone better. would have ordered a couple of coats in the spring.
I'd be interested if anyone has had similar problems oMTM, and how it was resolved.It with

It happens quite often with Made to Measure for a person with sloping forward shoulders..Bespoke handles this a lot better or a very experienced person who is taking your measurements for M2M... I might be wrong but when this occurs in  my M2M experiences I typically work with the Tailor who is going to do the adjustment to get it done.. I feel  the tailor needs to see it and based on his working experience make the adjustment from what he sees versus a sales person giving him the info to make the adjustment..which I do not believe you may be able to get with SS (working with the tailor face to face)...

post #697 of 6706
Looks like someone just grabbed the last 38R tux while I was waffling:fu: If it was one of you guys let me know if it doesn't work out and I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for full price.
post #698 of 6706
Could anyone let me know what the lining is made with. The Sienna and Jort have bemberg lining. What about the other ie: Washington, Lazio etc.... is it Poly/Viscose?
post #699 of 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt22616 View Post

Looks like someone just grabbed the last 38R tux while I was waffling:fu: If it was one of you guys let me know if it doesn't work out and I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for full price.

I'm really close to pouncing on this tuxedo in a 40L. Anyone who bought one care to offer up a critique?
post #700 of 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterq View Post

Could anyone let me know what the lining is made with. The Sienna and Jort have bemberg lining. What about the other ie: Washington, Lazio etc.... is it Poly/Viscose?


I believe all their lines offer Bemberg lining... atleast my Napoli's have that

post #701 of 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterq View Post

Could anyone let me know what the lining is made with. The Sienna and Jort have bemberg lining. What about the other ie: Washington, Lazio etc.... is it Poly/Viscose?

Serious question in return...is the lining going to make or break a suit purchase for you?
post #702 of 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Serious question in return...is the lining going to make or break a suit purchase for you?

I like a nice lining, and it can make a difference. A cool looking suit with crap lining is like a cool looking car with uncomfortable seats. If you're just going cruisin' downtown it's fine, but it's not fun on long trip. As long as it's not 100% polyester it's not that big a deal. It seems like it shouldn't be poor at the very least, so I went ahead and made an order.
post #703 of 6706
Anyone want to take a F/W '11 Washington sport coat off me? It's new, US35, wool, gray herringbone.
post #704 of 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Serious question in return...is the lining going to make or break a suit purchase for you?

Ever had a suit with a poly lining? You gonna sweat like a pig.

Suitsupply suit all come with a bemberg lining.
post #705 of 6706
The lapels on the San Diego cut are a joke...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC