or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 46

post #676 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Italian 38R - no alterations
3E436AB3-F76E-4AA4-9899-89C3C506A546-1107-000001129CC56B5B.jpg
87A89260-37F5-43F1-9A27-2045B9F9DE53-1107-00000112BB3A8984.jpg
aside from the bigger lapels, that doesn't look bad.
post #677 of 7394
gonna check the store out in NYC while i'm up there.
post #678 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Italian 38R - no alterations
3E436AB3-F76E-4AA4-9899-89C3C506A546-1107-000001129CC56B5B.jpg
87A89260-37F5-43F1-9A27-2045B9F9DE53-1107-00000112BB3A8984.jpg

Looks good
post #679 of 7394

Need a suit quick for some upcoming interviews - I'm thinking the Napoli in a 38L will be my best bet, unfortunately, the navy is sold out of this size.  

 

Is the blue too light a color for finance / consulting interviews?

 

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-blue-plain-napoli-p3463/P3463,en_US,pd.html?start=6&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Classic

 

 

I could also go with the pinstripe, which is fairly subtle:

 

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-navy-pinstripe-napoli-p1105-jd/P1105-JD,en_US,pd.html?start=9&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Classic

 

 

 

Thoughts on which is best?  My other option is a Benjamin from eHaberdasher, but I'm not sure that I'll have enough time to have the sleeve buttons sewn on (plus I don't know if I can find a tailor who can do functional sleeve buttons).  

post #680 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

aside from the bigger lapels, that doesn't look bad.

Lapel size may be the #1 debated item on SF and it's such a personal preference. Looks like SS is trying to go the RL and TF route here with these wider lapels. Overall, I think it looks good tricky.
post #681 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ross View Post

Need a suit quick for some upcoming interviews - I'm thinking the Napoli in a 38L will be my best bet, unfortunately, the navy is sold out of this size.  

Is the blue too light a color for finance / consulting interviews?

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-blue-plain-napoli-p3463/P3463,en_US,pd.html?start=6&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Classic

I could also go with the pinstripe, which is fairly subtle:

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-navy-pinstripe-napoli-p1105-jd/P1105-JD,en_US,pd.html?start=9&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Classic

Thoughts on which is best?  My other option is a Benjamin from eHaberdasher, but I'm not sure that I'll have enough time to have the sleeve buttons sewn on (plus I don't know if I can find a tailor who can do functional sleeve buttons).  

My 2 cents, the darker navy pinstripe will stand out less than the lighter blue. Finance folks are used to seeing banker stripes, but this looks closer to a solid unless you're really looking close.

BTW, "quick suit" is never a good idea. Now you're having to compromise.
post #682 of 7394
DC store opened today at 11. Anyone go?
post #683 of 7394
I went today, the store is small but has a decent selection of suits, shirts, ties and accessories. In the back of the store is a made to measure department. The salesmen showed me several fabrics and provided information about the program. I currently use EnglishAmerican in westminster MD and will probably continue, but I may try them out. Their off the rack suits are nice but some of them are way to fashion forward for my taste (some of the lapels are absolutely cartoonish and ridiculous).

I am a 40L with a slim/athletic build and the suits fit very well for me with only a few alterations needed. I am not that crazy about the button stance but most are not too extreme. It was a decent experience and I may purchase a navy next month.
post #684 of 7394
how was their selection of SCs?

And is their location really in the 4 seasons building?
post #685 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ross View Post

Need a suit quick for some upcoming interviews - I'm thinking the Napoli in a 38L will be my best bet, unfortunately, the navy is sold out of this size.  

Is the blue too light a color for finance / consulting interviews?

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-blue-plain-napoli-p3463/P3463,en_US,pd.html?start=6&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Classic


I could also go with the pinstripe, which is fairly subtle:

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-navy-pinstripe-napoli-p1105-jd/P1105-JD,en_US,pd.html?start=9&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Classic



Thoughts on which is best?  My other option is a Benjamin from eHaberdasher, but I'm not sure that I'll have enough time to have the sleeve buttons sewn on (plus I don't know if I can find a tailor who can do functional sleeve buttons).  

don't wear pinstripes to an interview (assuming your doing a front office interview) would prefer the light blue, although not ideal i would say
post #686 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG89 View Post


don't wear pinstripes to an interview (assuming your doing a front office interview) would prefer the light blue, although not ideal i would say

 

Wrong.  Cousin Doughnuts was right to suggest a navy pinstripe over a light blue suit for a finance interview.

post #687 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Wrong.  Cousin Doughnuts was right to suggest a navy pinstripe over a light blue suit for a finance interview.


I agree with you New Shoes.. I would prefer a dark navy or a dark grey.. but if the choice is between a light blue or a dark pinstripe grey, I will choose the dark pinstripe grey everytime.. light blue is sort of informal..office appropriate but not for the first interview where you are making the first impression..

post #688 of 7394
Really wish SS made their suits with lower buttoning points. I don't understand why they think, as they've declared, that higher points are more fashionable.
post #689 of 7394
Sienna buttoning point actually is not high.
post #690 of 7394
Timo, didn't you order a Havana jacket? I was wondering how that jacket looked in person.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC