or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 426

post #6376 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

If the quality is anything like their double monks (personal experience) I'd say they aren't worth the money. I'd rather buy shoes from a shoe brand rather than a fashion brand for the price.

How bad, like fell apart soon after purchased bad? I really don't like the style of the meermins. And for ~$50 more than the meermins I can try these on in person. I have a pair of DM Meermins that fit like crap. I'd really like the Carminas but they don't have my size and are $400+.
post #6377 of 7597

I think the Sienna is good for work and casual  - the main reason is the soft shoulder. I think it can be a little disjointed wearing a Napoli/Lazio with jeans since the slightly padded shoulder is more fit for formal environment. It's not impossible but in my opinion they look better as part of an ensemble. 

For the Sienna, I think the soft shoulder can work in a casual outfit - say with jeans - but also looks just as good part of a suit. Again, try it out first to e safe but that's just my opnion. 

post #6378 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post


How bad, like fell apart soon after purchased bad? I really don't like the style of the meermins. And for ~$50 more than the meermins I can try these on in person. I have a pair of DM Meermins that fit like crap. I'd really like the Carminas but they don't have my size and are $400+.

 

I bought a pair of their mid-brown double monks 2 years ago for my wedding. 

 

The Good:

-They take a shoe polish shine extremely well

-Flexible out of the box, blake construction

-Not a bad shape/design for $300

 

The Bad:

-They crease...badly. I'm talking cracks rather than nicely rolled creases. Both my pairs of Magnannis have aged significantly better which I got on sale. both pairs cost me total what paid for the SS monks. I'd say the leather is better Magannis and maybe on par with Loake.

-The seam which connects the buckles to the leather has began to tear.

 

Overall I will say that for $300 there aren't really any other choices for blue suede tassels outside of SS and Meermin so you have a very valid point. I guess if I was shopping specifically for brown monk i'd look elsewhere. 

post #6379 of 7597
I bought a pair of captoes and suede bluchers about two, two and a half years ago. The uppers are a bit thin and creasing on the captoes is more than I would have liked. The suede pair fared much better including getting completely soaked in a downpour... I let them dry on trees and the were as good as new. But the biggest problem for me is the thinnes of the soles. I didn't reinforce them - definitely would if I were to buy another SS shoe (not likely). The soles are so thin that you can feel every pebble on the street, very odd feeling actually. Had a chat about it with a SS sales rep who's been with the company for several years. He said the thin soles have always been an issue and he puts topys on his SS shoes without thinking twice. In sum: There are better deals out there.
post #6380 of 7597
I actually like the look of the thin soles and would probably put sole topys on them anyway. Thanks for the input Gents!
post #6381 of 7597

I get what people are saying about the Napoli. It is the only cut likely to fit me as I have broad shoulders, but bizarrely they pair this with incredibly slim pants (fine in waist but super slim in calf). How many customers truly have broad shoulders and tiny tiny legs?

 

All suitsupply would need to do is add some more fabric at little cost to the legs to have them be able to be let out and it would make the Napoli a whole lot more accessible.

 

It's my favourite suit, but I just can't justify buying more given how slim the pants are.

post #6382 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

I get what people are saying about the Napoli. It is the only cut likely to fit me as I have broad shoulders, but bizarrely they pair this with incredibly slim pants (fine in waist but super slim in calf). How many customers truly have broad shoulders and tiny tiny legs?

 

All suitsupply would need to do is add some more fabric at little cost to the legs to have them be able to be let out and it would make the Napoli a whole lot more accessible.

 

It's my favourite suit, but I just can't justify buying more given how slim the pants are.

 

Likewise.

 

I ended up giving my Napoli away as the thighs are just so slim. 

 

It's a good conservative cut, minus the pants. If they sold all Napoli pants as separates then maybe that'd be a good middle ground - otherwise their target market is bros who lift but skip leg day all day everyday. And no one likes a Cardiobunny in a man. 

post #6383 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

And no one likes a Cardiobunny in a man. 

 

:(

post #6384 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

 

:(

post #6385 of 7597
Is it just me or does the US website currently have very few sizes in stock? I hope they replenish soon...
post #6386 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenshame View Post

Is it just me or does the US website currently have very few sizes in stock? I hope they replenish soon...

F/W is just around the corner....
post #6387 of 7597

Indeed it is. I was looking forward to pre-order today, but it seems that they've changed the date to the end of this week now.

 


This is from the Suitsupply Instagram. I did ask them myself on Twitter, and they replied with pretty much the same response.

post #6388 of 7597
This is me wearing La Spalla 40R jacket. I asked SA to take picture of my back because that's where I have most problem with OTR suits. From the front this jacket fitted me really well, but from the back, it did not look very good especially the circled area. SA suggested lowering the collar, but I did not think that would solve the problem as the issue was due to tightness not extra material. I don't want to get 42R because then both jacket and pants will be too big. What do you guys think about the fit?

post #6389 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle View Post

This is me wearing La Spalla 40R jacket. I asked SA to take picture of my back because that's where I have most problem with OTR suits. From the front this jacket fitted me really well, but from the back, it did not look very good especially the circled area. SA suggested lowering the collar, but I did not think that would solve the problem as the issue was due to tightness not extra material. I don't want to get 42R because then both jacket and pants will be too big. What do you guys think about the fit?


Are you slouched in the picture? Perhaps this is a posture issue. That pulls seems like something that would not be there is you were standing differently.
post #6390 of 7597
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenshame View Post


Are you slouched in the picture? Perhaps this is a posture issue. That pulls seems like something that would not be there is you were standing differently.

 

+1

 

Shoulders back son, stand to attention when your superior officer is talking to you. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC