Thanks - I want to try a pair of wool trousers. Looking forward to picking them up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 43post #632 of 134398/21/12 at 3:22pmpost #633 of 134398/22/12 at 12:05amQuote:Originally Posted by bluesman528
I think that's exactly what they don't want to do and rightfully so. There are dozens of everyday office suit producers but it's pretty hard to find another company who dwells like them in the world of modern casual suits with this level of quality. If you want an ordinary office suit, just go elsewhere.
wouldn't say that. They also got some really nice staple suits.post #634 of 134398/22/12 at 12:22ampost #635 of 134398/22/12 at 4:00ampost #636 of 134398/22/12 at 8:06am
I respectfully disagree. I would find it hard to imagine a menswear company that does not have everyday office suits. SF excluded, suits are very rarely worn outside of the office now a days (this from a myopic, US centric, point-of-view). The market would be tiny.
Yes there are plenty of companies that focus on office wear suits. However, I've found it extremely difficult to find the level of quality suit that is sub-$500, and in a modern cut, from any other retailer. This is excluding the once a year sales and eBay; however, these are unreliable if I'm looking for a particular suit to fill a void in my wardrobe.
To each their own, but I've found a couple of office wear suits in the differing collections.
I do wish they would expand some of their smaller suit lines (e.g. Lazio and London) and reduce volume of the very fashion forward Washington line. This is even more true when referring to their sport coats. I would never wear peak lapels on a sport coat.
post #637 of 134398/22/12 at 8:14ampost #638 of 134398/22/12 at 8:20ampost #639 of 134398/22/12 at 1:39pmpost #640 of 134398/22/12 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah I find their SC selection lacking. I cannot stand ticket pockets so that eliminates 50%+ of their selection. I am really considering their tuxedo though, which appears to be very similar to PRL's for 1/3 the price.post #641 of 134398/24/12 at 11:04ampost #642 of 134398/24/12 at 11:12ampost #643 of 134398/24/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by TM79
I don't mind ticket pockets although I will buy my jackets without them if I have the choice. It's the sharp, aggressive lapels that are merely in fashion right now that I can't stand. I see the wool blue check Havana is back on the site and I am going to pull the trigger on it.
What do you mean by sharp, aggressive lapels? I do like that Havana, though.post #644 of 134398/25/12 at 5:36ampost #645 of 134398/25/12 at 6:31am
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...