Thanks - I want to try a pair of wool trousers. Looking forward to picking them up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 43
Styleforum Top Pickspost #632 of 67068/21/12 at 3:22pmpost #633 of 67068/22/12 at 12:05amQuote:Originally Posted by bluesman528
I think that's exactly what they don't want to do and rightfully so. There are dozens of everyday office suit producers but it's pretty hard to find another company who dwells like them in the world of modern casual suits with this level of quality. If you want an ordinary office suit, just go elsewhere.
wouldn't say that. They also got some really nice staple suits.post #634 of 67068/22/12 at 12:22ampost #635 of 67068/22/12 at 4:00ampost #636 of 67068/22/12 at 8:06am
I respectfully disagree. I would find it hard to imagine a menswear company that does not have everyday office suits. SF excluded, suits are very rarely worn outside of the office now a days (this from a myopic, US centric, point-of-view). The market would be tiny.
Yes there are plenty of companies that focus on office wear suits. However, I've found it extremely difficult to find the level of quality suit that is sub-$500, and in a modern cut, from any other retailer. This is excluding the once a year sales and eBay; however, these are unreliable if I'm looking for a particular suit to fill a void in my wardrobe.
To each their own, but I've found a couple of office wear suits in the differing collections.
I do wish they would expand some of their smaller suit lines (e.g. Lazio and London) and reduce volume of the very fashion forward Washington line. This is even more true when referring to their sport coats. I would never wear peak lapels on a sport coat.
post #637 of 67068/22/12 at 8:14ampost #638 of 67068/22/12 at 8:20ampost #639 of 67068/22/12 at 1:39pmpost #640 of 67068/22/12 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah I find their SC selection lacking. I cannot stand ticket pockets so that eliminates 50%+ of their selection. I am really considering their tuxedo though, which appears to be very similar to PRL's for 1/3 the price.post #641 of 67068/24/12 at 11:04ampost #642 of 67068/24/12 at 11:12ampost #643 of 67068/24/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by TM79
I don't mind ticket pockets although I will buy my jackets without them if I have the choice. It's the sharp, aggressive lapels that are merely in fashion right now that I can't stand. I see the wool blue check Havana is back on the site and I am going to pull the trigger on it.
What do you mean by sharp, aggressive lapels? I do like that Havana, though.post #644 of 67068/25/12 at 5:36ampost #645 of 67068/25/12 at 6:31am
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform... 37 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Buttero Tanino High 44 perfect condition 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 17 minutes ago
- › Gift card(s), gift code(s), gift certificate(s) 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 20 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 22 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)