Thanks - I want to try a pair of wool trousers. Looking forward to picking them up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 43
Styleforum Top Pickspost #632 of 90948/21/12 at 3:22pmpost #633 of 90948/22/12 at 12:05amQuote:Originally Posted by bluesman528
I think that's exactly what they don't want to do and rightfully so. There are dozens of everyday office suit producers but it's pretty hard to find another company who dwells like them in the world of modern casual suits with this level of quality. If you want an ordinary office suit, just go elsewhere.
wouldn't say that. They also got some really nice staple suits.post #634 of 90948/22/12 at 12:22ampost #635 of 90948/22/12 at 4:00ampost #636 of 90948/22/12 at 8:06am
I respectfully disagree. I would find it hard to imagine a menswear company that does not have everyday office suits. SF excluded, suits are very rarely worn outside of the office now a days (this from a myopic, US centric, point-of-view). The market would be tiny.
Yes there are plenty of companies that focus on office wear suits. However, I've found it extremely difficult to find the level of quality suit that is sub-$500, and in a modern cut, from any other retailer. This is excluding the once a year sales and eBay; however, these are unreliable if I'm looking for a particular suit to fill a void in my wardrobe.
To each their own, but I've found a couple of office wear suits in the differing collections.
I do wish they would expand some of their smaller suit lines (e.g. Lazio and London) and reduce volume of the very fashion forward Washington line. This is even more true when referring to their sport coats. I would never wear peak lapels on a sport coat.
post #637 of 90948/22/12 at 8:14ampost #638 of 90948/22/12 at 8:20ampost #639 of 90948/22/12 at 1:39pmpost #640 of 90948/22/12 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah I find their SC selection lacking. I cannot stand ticket pockets so that eliminates 50%+ of their selection. I am really considering their tuxedo though, which appears to be very similar to PRL's for 1/3 the price.post #641 of 90948/24/12 at 11:04ampost #642 of 90948/24/12 at 11:12ampost #643 of 90948/24/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by TM79
I don't mind ticket pockets although I will buy my jackets without them if I have the choice. It's the sharp, aggressive lapels that are merely in fashion right now that I can't stand. I see the wool blue check Havana is back on the site and I am going to pull the trigger on it.
What do you mean by sharp, aggressive lapels? I do like that Havana, though.post #644 of 90948/25/12 at 5:36ampost #645 of 90948/25/12 at 6:31am
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Mad Max Profits System Review – Does It Really Works? 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Max Profits review! What is Mad Max Profits review all about 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Max Profits System Review, Does Mad Max Profits Review Really... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Genuine COACH Briefcase SS 2015 Hudson Slim 5 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 16 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan