Thanks - I want to try a pair of wool trousers. Looking forward to picking them up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 43
Styleforum Top Pickspost #632 of 86058/21/12 at 3:22pmpost #633 of 86058/22/12 at 12:05amQuote:Originally Posted by bluesman528
I think that's exactly what they don't want to do and rightfully so. There are dozens of everyday office suit producers but it's pretty hard to find another company who dwells like them in the world of modern casual suits with this level of quality. If you want an ordinary office suit, just go elsewhere.
wouldn't say that. They also got some really nice staple suits.post #634 of 86058/22/12 at 12:22ampost #635 of 86058/22/12 at 4:00ampost #636 of 86058/22/12 at 8:06am
I respectfully disagree. I would find it hard to imagine a menswear company that does not have everyday office suits. SF excluded, suits are very rarely worn outside of the office now a days (this from a myopic, US centric, point-of-view). The market would be tiny.
Yes there are plenty of companies that focus on office wear suits. However, I've found it extremely difficult to find the level of quality suit that is sub-$500, and in a modern cut, from any other retailer. This is excluding the once a year sales and eBay; however, these are unreliable if I'm looking for a particular suit to fill a void in my wardrobe.
To each their own, but I've found a couple of office wear suits in the differing collections.
I do wish they would expand some of their smaller suit lines (e.g. Lazio and London) and reduce volume of the very fashion forward Washington line. This is even more true when referring to their sport coats. I would never wear peak lapels on a sport coat.
post #637 of 86058/22/12 at 8:14ampost #638 of 86058/22/12 at 8:20ampost #639 of 86058/22/12 at 1:39pmpost #640 of 86058/22/12 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah I find their SC selection lacking. I cannot stand ticket pockets so that eliminates 50%+ of their selection. I am really considering their tuxedo though, which appears to be very similar to PRL's for 1/3 the price.post #641 of 86058/24/12 at 11:04ampost #642 of 86058/24/12 at 11:12ampost #643 of 86058/24/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by TM79
I don't mind ticket pockets although I will buy my jackets without them if I have the choice. It's the sharp, aggressive lapels that are merely in fashion right now that I can't stand. I see the wool blue check Havana is back on the site and I am going to pull the trigger on it.
What do you mean by sharp, aggressive lapels? I do like that Havana, though.post #644 of 86058/25/12 at 5:36ampost #645 of 86058/25/12 at 6:31am
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 24 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 46 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...