Just a general price increase (happened with some of their suits, too).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/21/16 at 7:51am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 411post #6152 of 134037/18/14 at 12:42pmpost #6153 of 134037/18/14 at 1:37pmpost #6154 of 134037/18/14 at 2:26pmpost #6155 of 134037/18/14 at 3:04pmpost #6156 of 134037/18/14 at 4:48pmpost #6157 of 134037/18/14 at 8:52pmpost #6158 of 134037/19/14 at 1:44ampost #6159 of 134037/19/14 at 2:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Rincon
Anyone have experience with this jacket?
It reads as light blue but appears more grey in pictures - which is it?
I just had this jacket arrive because I also had to see it in person to judge the color. It is, actually, spot on to the site - it reads as a slate-blue or even just grey in most light from a distance like in the model, although up close you can clearly see lots of light blue and tan specks. It's actually quite beautiful, and I'm really tempted to keep it - but the only problem is I can only see it looking truly great with shirts that have a brown/white or brown/blue/white pattern to them (of which I own many), which I reserve for fall/winter wear with my blue jackets. I'm returning it (sadly) and going to hold out for a F/W Havana that would serve the same purpose.
Brown just seems out of place to me in S/S (not in shoes/belts of course, although I go tan when I can with any given fit), which seems fairly natural - making me perplexed by not only this jacket but in particular the TON of brown sport coats they have on sale for S/S...post #6160 of 134037/19/14 at 5:57ampost #6161 of 134037/19/14 at 6:26ampost #6162 of 134037/19/14 at 6:48ampost #6163 of 134037/19/14 at 8:36am
Just a quick endorsement for the Havana Light Brown linen sport coat.
I'm 6'2" 185. I tried 42L and 42R and the 42R hit it spot on for a casual spring/summer jacket. The color has some depth and interest, and my tailor raved about the fabric and construction. He pulled the sides in a hair too much, but I'm happy with the fit. A couple grainy pics :
Edited by Irish - 7/21/14 at 6:54ampost #6164 of 134037/19/14 at 9:59ampost #6165 of 134037/21/14 at 10:37am
A few pages ago I wrote that I purchased a suitsupply suit from the Vigo street store, only to have it arrive in the post with loose buttons, thread hanging from the suit jacket in 2 places, and a finger sized hole in the jacket sleeve. In short - massive disappointment, especially considering during my sizing in-store I pointed out two of the problems and requested that they be rectified before shipping to me.
I of course sent the suit back requesting repairs to be made. I included a note pointing out the more noticeable of the above problems. I can fix thread myself (but hoped they might notice it).
Today I received the suit jacket in the post once again.
Once again the buttons are too loose and once again there were two pieces of thread hanging from the suit. Fortunately the finger sized hole was fixed, but it seems that's all they did.
The final kick in the teeth : DHL helpfully refused to return the suit jacket in the box it was sent to me in, meaning it had to be folded nastily into a tiny little DHL box (which I had to pay for). I phoned the store to express annoyance at it being folded up and asked them to press it before sending it back. I can only assume they pressed it, but I don't know for sure because it was returned to me in the very same box, scrunched up and creased to hell. Fantastic. Why not send it back to me in a proper box, like the first time?
Honestly? I am wishing I had purchased the 'designer' branded suit I was originally looking at. Yes it's fused rather than half canvas, but it looked just as good and the quality of the service I've received from suitsupply is just shockingly awful. I will not be recommending them to anybody. I should probably point out though that the store staff who I spoke to were very polite & helpful, I can't fault them.
I am currently in the market for numerous wedding suits, and will not be going back to suitsupply. This has left a bitter taste in my mouth which I will no doubt be reminded of every time I wear my new suit.
Hopefully your NYC store is better than the Vigo street one, I couldn't find a forum thread for my store.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Kiton Napoli Charcoal Gray Wool Suit 44R EU 54 $6995 6 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › NWT Tom Ford Navy Striped Silk Wool Suit 40R EU 50 fits 38R EU 48... 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 26 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 28 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Bally Shoes and how people feel about them 45 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...