or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 379

post #5671 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


Looks good. Do you by chance also have the standard issue charcoal? I'm looking for a slightly lighter but still fairly dark grey

I'm curious, what is the standard issue charcoal, or rather, what product number is it? Is it one of the two "Dark grey", or perhaps the Faux uni? There's a pinstripe, which earlier was called charcoal pinstripe, but they've changed the name of that one.

post #5672 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffen View Post

I'm curious, what is the standard issue charcoal, or rather, what product number is it? Is it one of the two "Dark grey", or perhaps the Faux uni? There's a pinstripe, which earlier was called charcoal pinstripe, but they've changed the name of that one.

They used to have a Napoli that was listed as dark gray I think, which I bought circa fall 2011. It might be the same as what they are calling Antra now., which appears to have a little less white speckle.
post #5673 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


They used to have a Napoli that was listed as dark gray I think, which I bought circa fall 2011. It might be the same as what they are calling Antra now., which appears to have a little less white speckle.

 

Correct, the Napoli Antra Plan is their darkest charcoal grey.  I have it along with the Napoli Faux Grey-Uni and the Antra Pinstripe and can confim it is slightly darker than the latter two materials.

post #5674 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

They used to have a Napoli that was listed as dark gray I think, which I bought circa fall 2011. It might be the same as what they are calling Antra now., which appears to have a little less white speckle.

Yeah I think that's what I have.

Not a great pic but.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #5675 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


They used to have a Napoli that was listed as dark gray I think, which I bought circa fall 2011. It might be the same as what they are calling Antra now., which appears to have a little less white speckle.

So THAT's the Antra. They're selling it as "Dark grey" in Europe. I really wish they would make the Dark grey/Antra pinstripe... without the pinstripes. It has the perfect shade of warm charcoal. The plain Dark grey/Antra seems slightly too "cold" (blue-ish) from the pictures, though I haven't seen it in person.

post #5676 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffen View Post
 

Is that this Grey Faux Uni pictured below (P2505)? I wasn't sure if you had an earlier model. Looks fantastic, by the way.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


I bought it last summer, but it looks like the same fabric to me. And thanks!

post #5677 of 7527

Hi all. My blue birdseye Lazio came in the other day. Any thoughts/opinions/advice/criticism?

 

I didn't notice the messed up vent here:

Yesterday, uncuffed pants and different shirt

I'm 6' 1" and was quite surprised by the pants length. No doubt they need to be taken up. Should I keep the cuff? I quite like how it looks. Again, any and all advice is appreciated.

 

Please let me know what you think!

post #5678 of 7527

Anyone interested in buying a navy napoli in 40R from me?

post #5679 of 7527
After losing 13kg if weight and hitting the gym since last August (down to 70kg @ 1,76m), basically everything I own was too big. So today arrived my Napoli in Faux-Uni. The size advisor tool gave me EU 44 but I directly went for EU 46 after looking at the measurement tables.

It's clearly on the tighter side but everyone I've asked said to keep it. Upsizing to 48 would also mean that the shoulders would be wider which I'd like to avoid.

Does anyone know which cut would be basically a wee bit tighter in shoulders and waist so I could upsize to get wider chest and roomier pants without getting baggy shoulders and waist?



post #5680 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by se4n View Post
 

 

 

Would you mind sharing your other measurements (chest, arm length, etc)?  Based on your description, it sounds like I'm built similar to you (6' 1'', 180, 33 waist, broad shoulders, athletic build).  The Suit Supply "size advisor" recommended a Napoli 36R which is ridiculously small.  I was considering a 38R or 38L, but your post has me rethinking this. 

 

Just got a a 38L and 40R in the Napoli fit.  Similar to you I was getting anywhere between a 36L and 38L on their size advisor but I took my chest and shoulder measurement and ordered something as it is free shipping and returns.  The 38L jacket fit great but would need the sleeves let out a bit.  The pants were quite snug for my 33 inch waist so I assume they were 32.  The 40R was a little big but the sleeves fit fine.  The good thing was that the pants fit.

 

EDIT:  After trying the jackets on again multiple times, I am going to keep the 40R.  The pants were a great fit and I will have to jacket taken in slightly at the waist.  I waded through the member pics in the WAYWRN type threads and the jacket fits similar to most of the members there without being too tight.  Also if I went with a 38L, it would fit great now but in a few years and a couple pounds heavier, I wouldn't be able to wear it.

 

For reference I am 6'1" 180lbs.  Chest ~39.5" Sleeve best at 24.75" 


Edited by jbarwick - 5/14/14 at 5:40pm
post #5681 of 7527
nevermind.
post #5682 of 7527

So, I stopped by the store in Chicago..pretty good lay out right in the penthouse.. My main purpose was to check out some other fits to see how they fit me. Previously, I tried the Sienna and Washington Half (I posted that in here last year) and I have two Napoli's (blue and gray)..so I wanted to see how the other fits were going to look. They did not have the coppenhagen in the size I felt would fit and neither did they have the havana..so all I tried was the Washington and Lazio..they did not have the soho or madison in my size either.. Now some info for my size.. I am 6"9, 245lbs..broad chest and shoulders and a smaller waist for my size (drop 9)..

 

Washington: The helpful sales associate really liked the fit on me.. and I was suprised it fit..honestly the armholes were not as high as I had feared..I have a varied amount, type and styles of suits..I have seen some high armholes..( A kiton that I own and a YSL that I own as well).. the armhole was high but not super high. The shoulder line fit nicely and was not overtly padded..and it was cut longer. I tried on a 48L..(sized up)..the tailoring was very soft too kind of mimicking the Italians when it comes to soft tailoring. On the downside the sleeves were seriously wrinkled (which is a common problem for me when it comes to SS)..which means sleeve rotations and the balance was slightly off (which is why you can see the wrinkling by the button hole).. I would have to move the buttons to more line up with the button hole (not a big deal)..also I would have to take in the sides right below the armhole to give a little bit better shape to the jacket..and a little bit in the body as well..overall not bad.. great quality for the price point but the fit was not mind blowing for me..

 

 

Lazio: I loved the fit of the Lazio.. it was a brown suit.. not tobacco brown.. but not light brown or taupe.. a good shade of brown..the shoulder line was a little softer and it just draped so much nicer..the buttoning stance was perfect for me..and the fabric was really nice.. very soft as well.. mos def a three season suit..on the downside.. not much for me..the pants were really baggy for me..but understandable being I have skinny ass legs for my size..overall seems to be my favorite cut now..I actually purchased it.. pictures below..

 

 

what do you guys think?

post #5683 of 7527
Oi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNguyen View Post

Have you seen my post about it yet? 


http://www.somethingbespoke.com/suit-supply-mtm-part-1/


I saw the suit on Saturday but had to make some final adjustments. Picking it up this Friday. 

I hadnt thanks. I'm UK based bit assume they use the same supplier. I used them back in 2010 and they made a mess, but looks like they changed MTM supplier and improved since.
post #5684 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post

Oi
I hadnt thanks. I'm UK based bit assume they use the same supplier. I used them back in 2010 and they made a mess, but looks like they changed MTM supplier and improved since.

Great review and nice blog. Will be interesting to see how it comes out. What shoulder did you go for? If they get the fit right, it's a good value proposition. You're actually paying less for a fully canvassed MTM suit than for their canvassed rtw suits.
post #5685 of 7527
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post
 

So, I stopped by the store in Chicago..pretty good lay out right in the penthouse.. My main purpose was to check out some other fits to see how they fit me. Previously, I tried the Sienna and Washington Half (I posted that in here last year) and I have two Napoli's (blue and gray)..so I wanted to see how the other fits were going to look. They did not have the coppenhagen in the size I felt would fit and neither did they have the havana..so all I tried was the Washington and Lazio..they did not have the soho or madison in my size either.. Now some info for my size.. I am 6"9, 245lbs..broad chest and shoulders and a smaller waist for my size (drop 9)..

 

Washington: The helpful sales associate really liked the fit on me.. and I was suprised it fit..honestly the armholes were not as high as I had feared..I have a varied amount, type and styles of suits..I have seen some high armholes..( A kiton that I own and a YSL that I own as well).. the armhole was high but not super high. The shoulder line fit nicely and was not overtly padded..and it was cut longer. I tried on a 48L..(sized up)..the tailoring was very soft too kind of mimicking the Italians when it comes to soft tailoring. On the downside the sleeves were seriously wrinkled (which is a common problem for me when it comes to SS)..which means sleeve rotations and the balance was slightly off (which is why you can see the wrinkling by the button hole).. I would have to move the buttons to more line up with the button hole (not a big deal)..also I would have to take in the sides right below the armhole to give a little bit better shape to the jacket..and a little bit in the body as well..overall not bad.. great quality for the price point but the fit was not mind blowing for me..

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Lazio: I loved the fit of the Lazio.. it was a brown suit.. not tobacco brown.. but not light brown or taupe.. a good shade of brown..the shoulder line was a little softer and it just draped so much nicer..the buttoning stance was perfect for me..and the fabric was really nice.. very soft as well.. mos def a three season suit..on the downside.. not much for me..the pants were really baggy for me..but understandable being I have skinny ass legs for my size..overall seems to be my favorite cut now..I actually purchased it.. pictures below..

 

 

what do you guys think?

 

The Lazio looks much better on you, no lines or wrinkles anywhere. The lapels are gaping slightly, which could be a sign that the chest is too small for you. Have you tried sizing up, might be worth a try? On the other hand, a size up will have wider shoulders and bigger trousers, so that might make it worse. Overall, it's a very good fit for OTR.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC