or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 359

post #5371 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsalmon View Post


I have the Napoli Faux Uni, which I find very versatile and fun. It's my go to suit, more so than the Napoli navy. It is a very nice mid grey. http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-faux-uni/P2505I.html?start=7&cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Napoli

 

out of interest, did you size down?

post #5372 of 12685
Here is a shot of Friday's attire.

Jacket and trousers from SS.


post #5373 of 12685
I have three suitsupply suits - 2 siennas and 1 london

really love the sienna fit - need to get the london jacket shortened though
post #5374 of 12685

Silly question but, do Suitsupply offer black suits (the occasion calls for it) on site? Could not find any on their website. 

post #5375 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

out of interest, did you size down?
Yes, I wear a 34r in Napoli and a 36r in the Lazio and Havana.
post #5376 of 12685

New Suit Supply store in Montreal announced for Fall/Winter 2014! Yeah!

post #5377 of 12685
Anyone know if you can get your local store to order in something featured on a foreign website? There are items on the UK site I want but they aren't available for shipping to Canada baldy[1].gif
post #5378 of 12685
Generally not, aside from tuxes. This is a fact that salesmen in Denver have twice gone out of their way to tell me (supposedly as evidence of how non-traditional they are)
post #5379 of 12685

I purchased a Washington Plain Blue  http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3484I.html  and it will be arriving tomorrow.  When I tried it on at the store, the salesman said he would need to do alot of alterations (he wanted me in a 38S but due to the washington's high arm holes, I needed a 40S to be able to move my arms around...I wear a 40S in everything, so I was a little surprised that he recommended a 38 in the first place...my tailor says my ideal fit would be a 41S due to my lats and chest).  My question is in regards to tailoring:  Should I take the suit back to SS to get tailored since they know the style the suit is meant to be worn in? Or should I take it to my local tailor and have him do it?

 

My local tailor is an older gentleman and has an older client base; as such, I'm unsure if he will be able to capture the fashion-forward style of SS.   Would another option be to post pics of the suit to the ask-a-tailor thread, get their specific advise, and go to my tailor with a ready-made list of adjustments?  Going to SS seams like the most direct way to get it fitted properly, but I don't live very close to the nearest store, so that would be a factor.  Maybe you guys don't think very highly of the SS tailors?

 

I'm fairly new to all this so any and all advice is welcome.

post #5380 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

New Suit Supply store in Montreal announced for Fall/Winter 2014! Yeah!
What about Vancouver???censored.gif
post #5381 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by throw4five View Post

I purchased a Washington Plain Blue  http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3484I.html  and it will be arriving tomorrow.  When I tried it on at the store, the salesman said he would need to do alot of alterations (he wanted me in a 38S but due to the washington's high arm holes, I needed a 40S to be able to move my arms around...I wear a 40S in everything, so I was a little surprised that he recommended a 38 in the first place...my tailor says my ideal fit would be a 41S due to my lats and chest).  My question is in regards to tailoring:  Should I take the suit back to SS to get tailored since they know the style the suit is meant to be worn in? Or should I take it to my local tailor and have him do it?

My local tailor is an older gentleman and has an older client base; as such, I'm unsure if he will be able to capture the fashion-forward style of SS.   Would another option be to post pics of the suit to the ask-a-tailor thread, get their specific advise, and go to my tailor with a ready-made list of adjustments?  Going to SS seams like the most direct way to get it fitted properly, but I don't live very close to the nearest store, so that would be a factor.  Maybe you guys don't think very highly of the SS tailors?

I'm fairly new to all this so any and all advice is welcome.

My first experience with SS was in Chicago where I purchased a Washington and a Havana. I was nervous and apprehensive about the way measurements for alterations were to be done. The very helpful sales rep typed in all the measurements and required tailoring on his computer. I saw the lady with the sewing machine in the store who would do the actual work. When the suits arrived in the mail, I was relieved to find that the fits of the suits were spot on. I don't require drastic alterations to OTR sutis., but I was nervous. I lucked out.

Having said all that, I would prefer to go to a local tailor--someone who will see the suit on me and will be do the actual work. If your current tailor is not up to task, there must be someone with in reasonable distance who can do the work.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 4/14/14 at 2:37am
post #5382 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispence View Post

What color is that? I like the look, but they only have the "purple" in the Soho on the site.

Was this intended for me? smile.gif

If yes, yes it is the purple one. But it's very subtle, I like how it looks.
post #5383 of 12685

Yeah Betelguese!  That was for you...  Thanks for the reply!

post #5384 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsalmon View Post

Yes, I wear a 34r in Napoli and a 36r in the Lazio and Havana.

How do you get the pants to work? There is about 2 inches difference in the waist sizes between these right?
post #5385 of 12685
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


How do you get the pants to work? There is about 2 inches difference in the waist sizes between these right?


Funny, I never thought of that. The trousers in the Lazio 36R and the Napoli 34R both fit me well in the waist without any tailoring. The Havana is just a sportcoat, so no trousers there. I have the advantage of two SS stores here in NYC, so I don't have the online-ordering anxiety that besets so many in this thread. I just try on a bunch of stuff and buy what fits the best.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC