or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 338

post #5056 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistavo View Post
 

After hearing so much rave reviews about suitsupply, I've decided to pull the plug and order my suit from there.  Since i'm a slim cut guy (5'9, 30" waist) I choose to go with 36S Lazio Light Grey Suit from the Purple Line.

 

 

 

Out of the box, this suit fit me like a GLOVE.  The only thing I need to get tailored is the pants.  I'm getting it shorten, add cuff and braces buttons.  I will post up some pics once I get it back from my tailor.  In the end, I'm truly impressed with suitsupply quality as well as the fit.  

Any chance we can get a few fit and fabric pics?

post #5057 of 6741
Washington fit me beautifully at my fitting. Only need to let out the sleeve as far as it will go.
post #5058 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleyness View Post

Washington fit me beautifully at my fitting. Only need to let out the sleeve as far as it will go.

I love the fit of the Washington but their sleeves on their OTR suits were too short for my arms. Even after maxing the sleeve length my arms were still too long. I was showing about 1" of cuff. That's way too much, I wish their OTR stuff would fit me.
post #5059 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonkreteKhaos View Post


I love the fit of the Washington but their sleeves on their OTR suits were too short for my arms. Even after maxing the sleeve length my arms were still too long. I was showing about 1" of cuff. That's way too much, I wish their OTR stuff would fit me.

 

This will just barely make it as far as length goes. I kinda just slip by with their sizing.

post #5060 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleyness View Post

This will just barely make it as far as length goes. I kinda just slip by with their sizing.

You're a lucky man
post #5061 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonkreteKhaos View Post


You're a lucky man

I'm especially lucky that they finish their unhemmed trousers, since they make them in exactly my inseam. No hemming for me.

post #5062 of 6741
Decided to take the SS plunge! Neither item has been tailored yet. I know the pants need hemming, they are tucked up in the pictures, and the sleeves need slight shortening. How does the rest look?
Thanks!

York navy suit
image_zps873aa36d.jpg

2b3283a5-815c-4905-bb99-71af3eaeb090_zpsc94db316.jpg

image_zpsc739189d.jpg


Havana brown sportcoat
image_zps5060f3eb.jpg

13966c41-a237-4fbd-bbfc-8b6537005b86_zps60058a7f.jpg
post #5063 of 6741
Recently got my first SS suit (Napoli) and I have no complaints regarding the quality so far. Like others, I agree that the pants are a bit slim through the thigh.

The service I had at the Madison Ave NYC store was terrible though. I'd like to think it was just my sales rep since the other employees seemed attentive and knowledgeable. The sales rep I had, who was just out of college, disappeared without explanation several times during my fitting (for up to 10 minutes as I stood there waiting to get my suit pinned). He seemed distracted and took very little time fitting my suit.

When I returned the next week to pick the suit up, the same sales rep spent 30 minutes looking for the suit -- he couldn't find it and told me to return the next day. I asked him to call me during the day to let me know if they did not have it. I came back the next day to find the nervous looking sales rep frantically looking for my suit. They lost it so I had to get fitted for a new suit.

My advice...stay away from the youngest looking sales rep at the Madison Ave store.
post #5064 of 6741
What's everyone opinion on the Sienna fit? I originally ordered a Napoli online which I subsequently returned, and I stopped by their store and the rep put me in a Sienna which felt better in the shoulders and waist.

My only concern were the pants. The seemed tight in the thigh area, but I was assured that letting out the waist would alleviate the problem. I just don't know enough about tailoring to know whether releasing the waist 1 inch would also give me more room in he thigh and crotch area.

If it comes down to it. Is there any material (or is it even possible) to let out the thigh/crotch area? They seemed fairly tight when sitting down. But again. This is probably my first slim fitting suit.

I also for once sized down to a 38. I have always been in a 40 but this always left me with the shoulders fitting too big. I figured to have the jacket nailed down and tweaking the pants is a better idea.
post #5065 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFA View Post

What's everyone opinion on the Sienna fit? I originally ordered a Napoli online which I subsequently returned, and I stopped by their store and the rep put me in a Sienna which felt better in the shoulders and waist.

My only concern were the pants. The seemed tight in the thigh area, but I was assured that letting out the waist would alleviate the problem. I just don't know enough about tailoring to know whether releasing the waist 1 inch would also give me more room in he thigh and crotch area.

If it comes down to it. Is there any material (or is it even possible) to let out the thigh/crotch area? They seemed fairly tight when sitting down. But again. This is probably my first slim fitting suit.

I also for once sized down to a 38. I have always been in a 40 but this always left me with the shoulders fitting too big. I figured to have the jacket nailed down and tweaking the pants is a better idea.


As they say here, the pants on the Napoli are even tighter than those on the Sienna. Would have gone for the Sienna myself but they didn't have the Navy in my size (23). I am a 46 Napoli and the jacket there is fine but the pants are tight in the thighs. There is material to let out on the waist but much less on the thighs. I am still to see whether letting out the waist will help on the thighs.

post #5066 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulis View Post


As they say here, the pants on the Napoli are even tighter than those on the Sienna. Would have gone for the Sienna myself but they didn't have the Navy in my size (23). I am a 46 Napoli and the jacket there is fine but the pants are tight in the thighs. There is material to let out on the waist but much less on the thighs. I am still to see whether letting out the waist will help on the thighs.

The weird thing is. When I ordered the Napoli, I found the pants less tighter. It is only wearing the sienna in store yesterday which made me feel that they are slimmer than the Napoli.
post #5067 of 6741


A Lazio day. With a SS tie and PS.
post #5068 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFA View Post

What's everyone opinion on the Sienna fit? I originally ordered a Napoli online which I subsequently returned, and I stopped by their store and the rep put me in a Sienna which felt better in the shoulders and waist.

My only concern were the pants. The seemed tight in the thigh area, but I was assured that letting out the waist would alleviate the problem. I just don't know enough about tailoring to know whether releasing the waist 1 inch would also give me more room in he thigh and crotch area.

If it comes down to it. Is there any material (or is it even possible) to let out the thigh/crotch area? They seemed fairly tight when sitting down. But again. This is probably my first slim fitting suit.

I also for once sized down to a 38. I have always been in a 40 but this always left me with the shoulders fitting too big. I figured to have the jacket nailed down and tweaking the pants is a better idea.

I had the same experience. If the pants are truly tight around the thigh, letting out the seat/waist won't help very much.
post #5069 of 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post



A Lazio day. With a SS tie and PS.
Very nice. I wore the same suit myself today.
post #5070 of 6741
According to a sales associate: the Blue Line Napoli fit is a different fit than the standard Napoli, it is slimmer. puzzled.gif

Can anyone here confirm/deny?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC