Shoulder is almost completely unpadded & shirred. Not as nice as the La Spalla, but still pretty cool. Will try to get some pics soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 5/10/14 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 332post #4966 of 61152/21/14 at 7:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4967 of 61152/21/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by KentWangFanBrah
New yorker checking in and I will admit candidly I know nothing about suit supply.
I am not here to start a flame war or put down anyone's else's brands, but how does the quality of suit supply compare to a place like mysuit?
For corporate sales, what styles would you recommend? I'm looking for that a light-medium grey suit and also a blue suit (not navy) suggestions on where I should start?
For reference I am 6'2 , roughly 210 pounds and lift weights, so slim fit probably isn't an option.
Every SS model is quite slim. The problem is usually with the trousers, as jackets are pretty OK in terms of chest and arm room.
Give Sienna and York a try. Nicest styles, IMO. Sienna is a bit more expensive than York, but still a pretty good bang for your buck. I guess your size would be 42R or 42L.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-plain/P3460I.html?start=4&cgid=Suits&prefv3=Luxury-Sienna&prefn1=collection&prefn2=size&prefn3=styleFit&prefv2=42L&prefv1=Spring%2FSummerhttp://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-blue-plain/P3485I.html?start=3&cgid=Suits&prefv3=Luxury-Sienna&prefn1=collection&prefn2=size&prefn3=styleFit&prefv2=42L&prefv1=Spring%2FSummerpost #4968 of 61152/21/14 at 9:54am
Is that the green? Man it looks like a completely different color than it does on the website.
Anyway, I now have two Copenhagen full suits. Love them both. The second one just arrived yesterday and it's definitely cut smaller than the one I have from last season, but still looks good. The one I received yesterday was bought on the first day it became available, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a return, and the vents were not closed.
Now that I think of it, the linen version I have came cut as well (it was a pure linen, the new one is a pure cotton). Maybe they ship them that way.
In terms of the fit, I love them both. Very tight and short, and they definitely break every fit rule I've seen bandied about the Internet, but I really like the look on me.post #4969 of 61152/21/14 at 10:07ampost #4970 of 61152/21/14 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by timotune
a first look on the new Hudson. Now on
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It looks nice but the length won't work for me. It's a bit on the short side.post #4971 of 61152/21/14 at 10:24amQuote:
Is this a Euro size 44, and therefore a US 34, or a US 44?
I bought the same jacket when the outlet was open a few months back. My intentions are to wear it with jeans or chinos during summer months, so I chose a size on the shorter end, sorta like yours fits. Assuming, you are wearing it casually, the fit is ok. Might want to let out the sleeves, as you noted. My only beef is that in the profile shot the vents are open. Is it tight around your hips?post #4972 of 61152/21/14 at 10:46am
I can easily adjust them so that they are closed, they are not so tight they will always pull apart. When I just put it on naturally/walk around and stop, one of them sometimes align like that.
RIght now it feels like borderline decision without taking the slight damages into consideration. I'll probably end up returning it, but I don't think I will try 46. I want it to be a little on the tight side.
Thanks for the feedback.post #4973 of 61152/21/14 at 12:51pmpost #4974 of 61152/21/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
I think that is a bit drastic. Yes, it might be a tad short, and the button stance a bit on the high side, but this is a casual summer suit not something you would wear to an important formal meeting. You have been asking for a blue windowpane the last couple of seasons- it looks good, and I am sure it will serve you well during the central European summer heat.post #4975 of 61152/22/14 at 6:55amI wouldn't call the decision drastic. It is a difficult but rational decision coz the suit looks good. The question is would you think of replacing it if you found something similar with a longer jacket and lower buttoning stance? It's one of the things I learned on the forum. You will end up with a closet full of items that are not quite there.
Now, if this was a sale/clearance item then I'd pick it up.post #4976 of 61152/22/14 at 10:08pmpost #4977 of 61152/23/14 at 7:28amI'm looking at it on phone but the front looks clean. I always think the button stance and length are about one inch too high/short but this is SS so not unexpected. Your camera is slightly angled down so I think makes your leg appear slightly shorter. But not outrageously short jacket wise, I think. Others might be fine with that length.
The back waist is bunching and I am guessing you want to let out waist in back not front a bit. This might clean up the back drape.
The back shoulder doesn't look as clean. The shoulder from front looks clean though it wouldn't hurt if it was slightly less wide.
I'd lengthen the sleeves a little. A little wrinkling at elbow but now nitpicking. For more details you can ask in tailors thread
For OTR that's not a bad fit! Definitely something a tailor can clean up if it is comfy and you don't mind the shorter length and button stance.post #4978 of 61152/23/14 at 7:51ampost #4979 of 61152/23/14 at 8:14ampost #4980 of 61152/23/14 at 8:17am
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)