Shoulder is almost completely unpadded & shirred. Not as nice as the La Spalla, but still pretty cool. Will try to get some pics soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 332post #4966 of 93782/21/14 at 7:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4967 of 93782/21/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by KentWangFanBrah
New yorker checking in and I will admit candidly I know nothing about suit supply.
I am not here to start a flame war or put down anyone's else's brands, but how does the quality of suit supply compare to a place like mysuit?
For corporate sales, what styles would you recommend? I'm looking for that a light-medium grey suit and also a blue suit (not navy) suggestions on where I should start?
For reference I am 6'2 , roughly 210 pounds and lift weights, so slim fit probably isn't an option.
Every SS model is quite slim. The problem is usually with the trousers, as jackets are pretty OK in terms of chest and arm room.
Give Sienna and York a try. Nicest styles, IMO. Sienna is a bit more expensive than York, but still a pretty good bang for your buck. I guess your size would be 42R or 42L.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-plain/P3460I.html?start=4&cgid=Suits&prefv3=Luxury-Sienna&prefn1=collection&prefn2=size&prefn3=styleFit&prefv2=42L&prefv1=Spring%2FSummerhttp://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-blue-plain/P3485I.html?start=3&cgid=Suits&prefv3=Luxury-Sienna&prefn1=collection&prefn2=size&prefn3=styleFit&prefv2=42L&prefv1=Spring%2FSummerpost #4968 of 93782/21/14 at 9:54am
Is that the green? Man it looks like a completely different color than it does on the website.
Anyway, I now have two Copenhagen full suits. Love them both. The second one just arrived yesterday and it's definitely cut smaller than the one I have from last season, but still looks good. The one I received yesterday was bought on the first day it became available, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a return, and the vents were not closed.
Now that I think of it, the linen version I have came cut as well (it was a pure linen, the new one is a pure cotton). Maybe they ship them that way.
In terms of the fit, I love them both. Very tight and short, and they definitely break every fit rule I've seen bandied about the Internet, but I really like the look on me.post #4969 of 93782/21/14 at 10:07ampost #4970 of 93782/21/14 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by timotune
a first look on the new Hudson. Now on
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It looks nice but the length won't work for me. It's a bit on the short side.post #4971 of 93782/21/14 at 10:24amQuote:
Is this a Euro size 44, and therefore a US 34, or a US 44?
I bought the same jacket when the outlet was open a few months back. My intentions are to wear it with jeans or chinos during summer months, so I chose a size on the shorter end, sorta like yours fits. Assuming, you are wearing it casually, the fit is ok. Might want to let out the sleeves, as you noted. My only beef is that in the profile shot the vents are open. Is it tight around your hips?post #4972 of 93782/21/14 at 10:46am
I can easily adjust them so that they are closed, they are not so tight they will always pull apart. When I just put it on naturally/walk around and stop, one of them sometimes align like that.
RIght now it feels like borderline decision without taking the slight damages into consideration. I'll probably end up returning it, but I don't think I will try 46. I want it to be a little on the tight side.
Thanks for the feedback.post #4973 of 93782/21/14 at 12:51pmpost #4974 of 93782/21/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
I think that is a bit drastic. Yes, it might be a tad short, and the button stance a bit on the high side, but this is a casual summer suit not something you would wear to an important formal meeting. You have been asking for a blue windowpane the last couple of seasons- it looks good, and I am sure it will serve you well during the central European summer heat.post #4975 of 93782/22/14 at 6:55amI wouldn't call the decision drastic. It is a difficult but rational decision coz the suit looks good. The question is would you think of replacing it if you found something similar with a longer jacket and lower buttoning stance? It's one of the things I learned on the forum. You will end up with a closet full of items that are not quite there.
Now, if this was a sale/clearance item then I'd pick it up.post #4976 of 93782/22/14 at 10:08pmpost #4977 of 93782/23/14 at 7:28amI'm looking at it on phone but the front looks clean. I always think the button stance and length are about one inch too high/short but this is SS so not unexpected. Your camera is slightly angled down so I think makes your leg appear slightly shorter. But not outrageously short jacket wise, I think. Others might be fine with that length.
The back waist is bunching and I am guessing you want to let out waist in back not front a bit. This might clean up the back drape.
The back shoulder doesn't look as clean. The shoulder from front looks clean though it wouldn't hurt if it was slightly less wide.
I'd lengthen the sleeves a little. A little wrinkling at elbow but now nitpicking. For more details you can ask in tailors thread
For OTR that's not a bad fit! Definitely something a tailor can clean up if it is comfy and you don't mind the shorter length and button stance.post #4978 of 93782/23/14 at 7:51ampost #4979 of 93782/23/14 at 8:14ampost #4980 of 93782/23/14 at 8:17am
- Suitsupply NYC
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › E. Marinella Colognes and Fragrances 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 4 minutes ago
- › Price Reduction - Walnut Cordovan Boots From Rider Boot Company... 5 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...