Shoulder is almost completely unpadded & shirred. Not as nice as the La Spalla, but still pretty cool. Will try to get some pics soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 332post #4966 of 71612/21/14 at 7:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4967 of 71612/21/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by KentWangFanBrah
New yorker checking in and I will admit candidly I know nothing about suit supply.
I am not here to start a flame war or put down anyone's else's brands, but how does the quality of suit supply compare to a place like mysuit?
For corporate sales, what styles would you recommend? I'm looking for that a light-medium grey suit and also a blue suit (not navy) suggestions on where I should start?
For reference I am 6'2 , roughly 210 pounds and lift weights, so slim fit probably isn't an option.
Every SS model is quite slim. The problem is usually with the trousers, as jackets are pretty OK in terms of chest and arm room.
Give Sienna and York a try. Nicest styles, IMO. Sienna is a bit more expensive than York, but still a pretty good bang for your buck. I guess your size would be 42R or 42L.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-plain/P3460I.html?start=4&cgid=Suits&prefv3=Luxury-Sienna&prefn1=collection&prefn2=size&prefn3=styleFit&prefv2=42L&prefv1=Spring%2FSummerhttp://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-blue-plain/P3485I.html?start=3&cgid=Suits&prefv3=Luxury-Sienna&prefn1=collection&prefn2=size&prefn3=styleFit&prefv2=42L&prefv1=Spring%2FSummerpost #4968 of 71612/21/14 at 9:54am
Is that the green? Man it looks like a completely different color than it does on the website.
Anyway, I now have two Copenhagen full suits. Love them both. The second one just arrived yesterday and it's definitely cut smaller than the one I have from last season, but still looks good. The one I received yesterday was bought on the first day it became available, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a return, and the vents were not closed.
Now that I think of it, the linen version I have came cut as well (it was a pure linen, the new one is a pure cotton). Maybe they ship them that way.
In terms of the fit, I love them both. Very tight and short, and they definitely break every fit rule I've seen bandied about the Internet, but I really like the look on me.post #4969 of 71612/21/14 at 10:07ampost #4970 of 71612/21/14 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by timotune
a first look on the new Hudson. Now on
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It looks nice but the length won't work for me. It's a bit on the short side.post #4971 of 71612/21/14 at 10:24amQuote:
Is this a Euro size 44, and therefore a US 34, or a US 44?
I bought the same jacket when the outlet was open a few months back. My intentions are to wear it with jeans or chinos during summer months, so I chose a size on the shorter end, sorta like yours fits. Assuming, you are wearing it casually, the fit is ok. Might want to let out the sleeves, as you noted. My only beef is that in the profile shot the vents are open. Is it tight around your hips?post #4972 of 71612/21/14 at 10:46am
I can easily adjust them so that they are closed, they are not so tight they will always pull apart. When I just put it on naturally/walk around and stop, one of them sometimes align like that.
RIght now it feels like borderline decision without taking the slight damages into consideration. I'll probably end up returning it, but I don't think I will try 46. I want it to be a little on the tight side.
Thanks for the feedback.post #4973 of 71612/21/14 at 12:51pmpost #4974 of 71612/21/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
I think that is a bit drastic. Yes, it might be a tad short, and the button stance a bit on the high side, but this is a casual summer suit not something you would wear to an important formal meeting. You have been asking for a blue windowpane the last couple of seasons- it looks good, and I am sure it will serve you well during the central European summer heat.post #4975 of 71612/22/14 at 6:55amI wouldn't call the decision drastic. It is a difficult but rational decision coz the suit looks good. The question is would you think of replacing it if you found something similar with a longer jacket and lower buttoning stance? It's one of the things I learned on the forum. You will end up with a closet full of items that are not quite there.
Now, if this was a sale/clearance item then I'd pick it up.post #4976 of 71612/22/14 at 10:08pmpost #4977 of 71612/23/14 at 7:28amI'm looking at it on phone but the front looks clean. I always think the button stance and length are about one inch too high/short but this is SS so not unexpected. Your camera is slightly angled down so I think makes your leg appear slightly shorter. But not outrageously short jacket wise, I think. Others might be fine with that length.
The back waist is bunching and I am guessing you want to let out waist in back not front a bit. This might clean up the back drape.
The back shoulder doesn't look as clean. The shoulder from front looks clean though it wouldn't hurt if it was slightly less wide.
I'd lengthen the sleeves a little. A little wrinkling at elbow but now nitpicking. For more details you can ask in tailors thread
For OTR that's not a bad fit! Definitely something a tailor can clean up if it is comfy and you don't mind the shorter length and button stance.post #4978 of 71612/23/14 at 7:51ampost #4979 of 71612/23/14 at 8:14ampost #4980 of 71612/23/14 at 8:17am
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 12 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 14 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Sweater Size 48 IT (Small) Brown Silk Cotton Hemp... 14 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 23 minutes ago
- › Loro Piana Scarf Brown Cashemere Silk *BNWT* 24 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...