or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 308

post #4606 of 7180
Very nice. I have a Washington fit suit I plan to wear for the first time this weekend. I believe it also has 1.75 inch cuffs. Viva SuitSupply!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

Thank you! This must be one of the heavier wool fabrics that SS uses. The cuffs are 1.75 inches.
post #4607 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon24 View Post

My shoulders are bigger than most people at 5'10. So I'm stuck with only the Napoli. Wish I could try the others!

 

Mind if I ask what your shoulders measure? And what you commonly choose to alter through tailoring? (If your suits don't fit off the rack).

post #4608 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_International View Post

Very nice. I have a Washington fit suit I plan to wear for the first time this weekend. I believe it also has 1.75 inch cuffs. Viva SuitSupply!

That is one of my few gripes with suitsupply: at 6'0 there is not enough material for cuffs in my size...Looks great CP
post #4609 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
 

 

Mind if I ask what your shoulders measure? And what you commonly choose to alter through tailoring? (If your suits don't fit off the rack).


Sure! I strength train and play basketball, so my shoulders are bigger, while my body is still lean for the most part. SS usually recommends you size down one, but it doesn't work for me.

 

Shoulders are 19'' exact. Generally when I get the Napoli tailored, I take a bit off the sleeve length, hem the pants along with taking in the waist area.

post #4610 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon24 View Post


Sure! I strength train and play basketball, so my shoulders are bigger, while my body is still lean for the most part. SS usually recommends you size down one, but it doesn't work for me.

Shoulders are 19'' exact. Generally when I get the Napoli tailored, I take a bit off the sleeve length, hem the pants along with taking in the waist area.
I'm also 5'10 with 19 inch shoulder measurement and the 52 la Spalla fit was spot on when I tried it.
post #4611 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuponoodles View Post
 

Link: http://dappered.com/2014/01/sneak-peak-suitsupply-lookbook-spring-2014/

 

Suitsupply S/S 2014 Sneak Peek. 

Interesting, though nothing specific there I want. But I am now hyped for the full SS S/S collection!

post #4612 of 7180
Looking dapper as always clarinetplayer!
post #4613 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by watch37 View Post

isn't the jort identical to the la spalla, which is available in the usa?

There seems to be quite a bit of misconceptions about the Jort/La Spalla on here. What the model La Spalla is called now used to be called "Jort". The "old" Jort has been renamed to La Spalla, so what is called Jort now could be introduced as a complete separate collection (including shirts, outerwear, trousers etc.)

The NEW Jort (line) suits and the La Spalla are similar in the quality of wool and fit (afaik), but the features are slightly different. New Jort has patch pockets, cuffs, no belt loops and are 2 button. La Spalla has flap pockets, no cuffs, belt loops and are 2.5 button.
post #4614 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wess View Post

There seems to be quite a bit of misconceptions about the Jort/La Spalla on here. What the model La Spalla is called now used to be called "Jort". The "old" Jort has been renamed to La Spalla, so what is called Jort now could be introduced as a complete separate collection (including shirts, outerwear, trousers etc.)

The NEW Jort (line) suits and the La Spalla are similar in the quality of wool and fit (afaik), but the features are slightly different. New Jort has patch pockets, cuffs, no belt loops and are 2 button. La Spalla has flap pockets, no cuffs, belt loops and are 2.5 button.

Well, this isn't quite true. Jort is a whole new line of SS stuff from suits to suspenders. The quality and price is higher than their other lines. The single breasted Jort suits are 2,5 buttton just like the la spalla but without flaps and belt loops.
post #4615 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

Well, this isn't quite true. Jort is a whole new line of SS stuff from suits to suspenders. The quality and price is higher than their other lines. The single breasted Jort suits are 2,5 buttton just like the la spalla but without flaps and belt loops.

...that's exactly what I said. It's a complete separate collection including multiple other items. Prices are identical in Europe (€699, except for the 3-piece, obviously), and the cloths used are very comparable. Actually, La Spalla is made of S150s cloth, and the new Jort suits are S140.

They feel very similar on the body. Similar wool, same shoulders, save (full-) canvassing, same higher waistband.
post #4616 of 7180
Sorry if I misread your post. Anyway, there are more Jort cuts than la Spalla cuts ( only the one if i remember correctly) But qualitywise they are probably more or less on par. I love my Jort for what it's worth smile.gif
post #4617 of 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

Sorry if I misread your post. Anyway, there are more Jort cuts than la Spalla cuts ( only the one if i remember correctly) But qualitywise they are probably more or less on par. I love my Jort for what it's worth smile.gif

No problem. They are great bang for the buck suits. A part of the misconception (which I forgot to mention) is that many (what we now call) La Spalla suits are still hanging in stores as (old) Jort suits, even with a hanger saying "Jort". Doesn't make it much easier!
Edited by Wess - 1/16/14 at 3:24pm
post #4618 of 7180

Found a lovely coffin waiting for me when I got home. Possible concern with the upper back or does it just need to be smoothed out? Sleeves will need to be shortened a bit as expected.

 

 

post #4619 of 7180

I got two more Suit Supply shirts in the mail today. I already had two of the $79 ones and they are very premium. The fabric is nice and thick. I have one of the $129 Cottonificio Albini sport shirts that I really like. Today I got one of the $99 Turkish Soktas shirts, it was very nice. But I also got a $129 Cottonificio Albini pink dress shirt and it is shockingly thin. When I put it on, it basically becomes completely transparent. I'm afraid I'll rip it if I actually wore it. It is the first thing from suitsupply i didn't like. I plan to send it back.

 

I usually associate high end dress shirts with nice thick fabric. Is it normal for a shirt like this to be so thin. It is literally the thinnest dress shirt I have ever felt.

post #4620 of 7180
I picked up a pair of driving gloves while at the Midtown NYC store. Very nice indeed. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC