or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 294

post #4396 of 6226
I agreee with cousin D , but I think that the lack of reviews/feedback is because no one here has actually bought a bag/portfolio. Posters on this thread are some of the most helpful on SF when it comes to helping and sharing their experiences in my opinion.
post #4397 of 6226


Havana.
post #4398 of 6226
FWIW, I'll check out a few of the bags when I make it over to the Houston store after they open. Curious to know what they are like myself.
post #4399 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post



Havana.

Looks very good! Whats the width of the lapels? I was under the impression that the havana and alot of their other cuts had fashun skinny lapels?
post #4400 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Looks very good! Whats the width of the lapels? I was under the impression that the havana and alot of their other cuts had fashun skinny lapels?

3 inches.
post #4401 of 6226

Picked up my Havana after alterations today (Atlanta). Same as yours clarinet, except grey with blue windowpane instead of the brown. 

The fit and alterations were great. No cuff like I asked though. That was a bit disappointing, since they had already removed the fabric...
The tailor onsite suggested we "french cuff it," since I asked to shorten it another half inch that gave them enough material to do it. 

They did it while I waited, and the tailor saw me checking the fit of the jacket in the mirror. The salesman said it "looked perfect," but I walked over to the tailor and he said to let him let it out every-so-slightly. 
 

Might've just been in my head, but after that was done it felt so much better, not that I had noticed anything at all wrong before he did this. 

The tailor did his job well. The salesman had left out the note for 2" cuffs. A little disappointing because I had asked when I bought the suit how much of a cuff he would recommend and he said 2" as well. 
 

He apologized immediately as soon as I brought it up.... whatever that's worth. 

Tailor saved the day. Salesman was.... sales-y, but a nice guy. 

I asked to see that slim document carrier, but they didn't have any on hand, so that was disappointing. They did show me a few alternatives so I could get a feel for it, and I like the quality of materials and construction. 

While I was waiting for the tailor to fix the cuffs and such, I tried on a pair of trousers. Fit fine in the waste, but the slimness in the leg was off putting. Really would've walked out with those if they weren't so dramatically tapered. The taper on the havana suit trousers was just right, I thought. 

I really like the store and layout, but was a bit underwhelmed after reading the glowing reports people were giving of salesmen in the nyc, dc and chicago stores. 
Atlanta has a bit of catching up to do. 

All said and done, I'll probably be back for another suit or two after christmas. The price/quality ratio is spot on, and doesn't leave much to be desired. 
I'd prefer a bit less car salesman and more someone looking out for my stylistic interests. Newer store though, will get better I'm sure. 

post #4402 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLien1982 View Post

Picked up my Havana after alterations today (Atlanta). Same as yours clarinet, except grey with blue windowpane instead of the brown. 


The fit and alterations were great. No cuff like I asked though. That was a bit disappointing, since they had already removed the fabric...

The tailor onsite suggested we "french cuff it," since I asked to shorten it another half inch that gave them enough material to do it. 


They did it while I waited, and the tailor saw me checking the fit of the jacket in the mirror. The salesman said it "looked perfect," but I walked over to the tailor and he said to let him let it out every-so-slightly. 

 
Might've just been in my head, but after that was done it felt so much better, not that I had noticed anything at all wrong before he did this. 


The tailor did his job well. The salesman had left out the note for 2" cuffs. A little disappointing because I had asked when I bought the suit how much of a cuff he would recommend and he said 2" as well. 

 
He apologized immediately as soon as I brought it up.... whatever that's worth. 


Tailor saved the day. Salesman was.... sales-y, but a nice guy. 


I asked to see that slim document carrier, but they didn't have any on hand, so that was disappointing. They did show me a few alternatives so I could get a feel for it, and I like the quality of materials and construction. 


While I was waiting for the tailor to fix the cuffs and such, I tried on a pair of trousers. Fit fine in the waste, but the slimness in the leg was off putting. Really would've walked out with those if they weren't so dramatically tapered. The taper on the havana suit trousers was just right, I thought. 


I really like the store and layout, but was a bit underwhelmed after reading the glowing reports people were giving of salesmen in the nyc, dc and chicago stores. 

Atlanta has a bit of catching up to do. 


All said and done, I'll probably be back for another suit or two after christmas. The price/quality ratio is spot on, and doesn't leave much to be desired. 

I'd prefer a bit less car salesman and more someone looking out for my stylistic interests. Newer store though, will get better I'm sure. 

RE: trouser cuffs

In mid November, I visited the Chicago store for the first time, and quite by accident. I purchased a Havana and a Washington. On both, I requested cuffs. But, on both trousers, there was not enough material. Now, I am not a tall person; my inseam measurement is about 30". Apparently, Suit Supply, on some models, determines whether or not cuffs are an option--hence, the lack of material to make a cuff. (??????) That was the conclusion that I had.

On that first visit, the sales staff was top notch, friendly, helpful, and not pushy. A few weeks ago, I was in Chicago, so I stopped in again. This time, it was a different crew. They were not rude, but seemed bored and indifferent. There were only two customers in the store.

So, like any service to the public, it is the human element, not the official organization, that makes the difference.

I'm glad you enjoy that grey Havana. I had to decide between that one and the brown check that I bought. It is a very comfortable suit.

In recent weeks, I have purchased a Napoli (a steal of deal from the now-closed Outlet) and a La Spalla (a splurge). The trousers on both of these suits have ample material for cuffs.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 12/18/13 at 3:17am
post #4403 of 6226

I just purchased one of their Meer high end suits from SS few days ago.  I'm a 36s and most if not all of their models fit like a glove OTR, needing very little alterations.  However, when I inquired if any of their suit trousers came with side tabs (like all my Phineas trousers and suits) the salesman pointed me in the Meer direction.  Was told it was fully canvassed, lot of hand work, higher end fabrics (mine was a S140s), and limited production/supply.  And only available in the Madison Ave store in the NY area.  They don't come in shorts, so I had to try on the 34R, and I must say, fit like a glove (with the exception of needing the sides of the jacket loosened ever so slightly).  I purchased the medium grey suit, and it just fits like a dream.  The drape of the trousers with the 2 inch cuff is just amazing.  The suit is slim but not overly aggressive.  Great for business meetings or going out at nights.   This was my first time at SS, and will not be my last.  Very impressed with the quality and especially fit at this price point.  I'm really slim and for so much to fit so well OTR, it's a dream.

post #4404 of 6226
I ordered a shirt from suitsupply and received their catalog/newspaper thing, which includes a Havana navy plain jacket, item # C680. I can't find it on their website, only Havana Navy plain C540E which appears to be much lighter. Does anyone know the deal with this?
post #4405 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post


RE: trouser cuffs

In mid November, I visited the Chicago store for the first time, and quite by accident. I purchased a Havana and a Washington. On both, I requested cuffs. But, on both trousers, there was not enough material. Now, I am not a tall person; my inseam measurement is about 30". Apparently, Suit Supply, on some models, determines whether or not cuffs are an option--hence, the lack of material to make a cuff. (??????) That was the conclusion that I had.

On that first visit, the sales staff was top notch, friendly, helpful, and not pushy. A few weeks ago, I was in Chicago, so I stopped in again. This time, it was a different crew. They were not rude, but seemed bored and indifferent. There were only two customers in the store.

So, like any service to the public, it is the human element, not the official organization, that makes the difference.

I'm glad you enjoy that grey Havana. I had to decide between that one and the brown check that I bought. It is a very comfortable suit.

In recent weeks, I have purchased a Napoli (a steal of deal from the now-closed Outlet) and a La Spalla (a splurge). The trousers on both of these suits have ample material for cuffs.

Couldn't resist. 
Wore those Havana trousers to the office today (my office, so my rules :D ) . Killed it. 

Never been one for such patterned trousers. Pinstripes at most, but I gotta say, these looked and felt great, and when I hung em up at the end of the day, they hardly looked worn.

Ended up being a 15 hour day before I got home.  

I really enjoyed the material, almost flannel like, but not quite. 
Very comfortable. 

Got compliments everywhere. That's always nice... paired em with some brown dress boots and an ever-so-light purple shirt. 

post #4406 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post

I ordered a shirt from suitsupply and received their catalog/newspaper thing, which includes a Havana navy plain jacket, item # C680. I can't find it on their website, only Havana Navy plain C540E which appears to be much lighter. Does anyone know the deal with this?

I own the C540E and it is pretty much a standard issue navy blazer color.
post #4407 of 6226

Has anyone had any experience with the plain blue tuxedo?

post #4408 of 6226



First wearing of the Napoli grey pinstripe.
post #4409 of 6226
Used the search function and didn't manage to find info on the fill for suitsupply "bodywarmers" aka vests. Anyone know if they have any? If so what is it (i.e. Primaloft (what spec) down (what fill)). I like them but not sure if warm at all or if it's basically like wearing a sweater
Edited by jcep - 12/19/13 at 4:45pm
post #4410 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcep View Post

Used the search function and didn't manage to find info on the fill for suitsupply "bodywarmers" aka vests. Anyone know if they have any? If so what is it (i.e. Primaloft (what spec) down (what fill)). I like them but not sure if warm at all or if it's basically like wearing a sweater

These are tech specs... you can glean better info by just asking them about that via call or email right? 

I'm sure if someone owns one here they'll give you their take on it... but the quickest way to find that out would be just to ask SS. 
I'm curious too, btw. I'll ask to see one this weekend if I swing by the ATL store. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC