or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 288

post #4306 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosFlewfers View Post
 

Hey Guys. I was hoping you would be able to help me. I am 5'5(and one half), I weigh 140 pounds, have a 35 chest and roughly a 31/32 wait. I have heard amazing things about SuitSupply and am able to make the journey to their location in Chicago. However I am concerned that I might be too short to buy one and get it tailored. Would the better route be MTM? If the answer is obviously MTM then I don't want to make the 2 hour long journey into the city. Thank you very much.

I'm normally a 38S (have suit supply jackets in 36S and 38S - in my experience, the fit varies across their different jackets and cuts), live in Chicago, and I rarely find much in my size in the Chicago store.  I suspect you might have the same problem.  Before you make a trip to the store, you might want to call the to see what kind of stock they have in your size.

 

As far as determining your size, if I were you, I would take advantage of Suit Supply's free shipping/free returns to help figure out what size you wear in their stuff.  Try to determine your size based on your own measurements (as others have said, jacket measurement will differ from your actual chest measurement) and then order a couple suits/jackets you like, and if they don't fit, return them.  You can do research online to figure out more about how the stuff should fit and you can also get help from people on styleforum by posting pics.  

post #4307 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo666 View Post
 

I'm normally a 38S (have suit supply jackets in 36S and 38S - in my experience, the fit varies across their different jackets and cuts), live in Chicago, and I rarely find much in my size in the Chicago store.  I suspect you might have the same problem.  Before you make a trip to the store, you might want to call the to see what kind of stock they have in your size.

 

As far as determining your size, if I were you, I would take advantage of Suit Supply's free shipping/free returns to help figure out what size you wear in their stuff.  Try to determine your size based on your own measurements (as others have said, jacket measurement will differ from your actual chest measurement) and then order a couple suits/jackets you like, and if they don't fit, return them.  You can do research online to figure out more about how the stuff should fit and you can also get help from people on styleforum by posting pics.  

That seems like a very smart suggestion. 

 

Any opinion on these five? I ideally want one that can be used for business professional and I also want a navy/blue blazer for business casual. 

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3691I.html?start=4&cgid=Suits

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-faux-uni/P2505I.html?start=27&cgid=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=38S

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3457I.html?start=11&cgid=Suits

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-antra-pinstripe/P1104I-JD.html?start=11&cgid=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-blue-plain/C689.html?start=2&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S

 

If it helps, here is a picture of me

 

http://imgur.com/VTpVShy

post #4308 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexcellence View Post
 

how often do they restock suits online? Im looking for a 40L in Washington...

I never seen them restock in jackets. I would guess the same for suits.

post #4309 of 6267
I've seen some sizes return to being in stock for jackets, but who knows what the reason was. Could have just been returns.
post #4310 of 6267
Anyone ever received an obviously used item from Suitsupply? My new jacket had unstitched vents and pocket, which was a bit strange, but "strange" turned to "disgutsting" when I found the sunglasses of the previous owner in the inner pocket. If you bought the pink Havana and want your glasses back, drop me a line.
post #4311 of 6267
^ hilarious. I have received items without the vents stitched, but never a personal belonging.
post #4312 of 6267
How nice are the sunglasses? Could be a bonus.
post #4313 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordie View Post

Anyone ever received an obviously used item from Suitsupply? My new jacket had unstitched vents and pocket, which was a bit strange, but "strange" turned to "disgutsting" when I found the sunglasses of the previous owner in the inner pocket. If you bought the pink Havana and want your glasses back, drop me a line.

i have.... i had something that looked like pocket lint all over some havanas i purchased... i sent those back hella fast.
post #4314 of 6267

Suit has been delayed once again. Though what should I be looking for in regards to the stitching to see if it's been used or not?

post #4315 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordie View Post

Anyone ever received an obviously used item from Suitsupply? My new jacket had unstitched vents and pocket, which was a bit strange, but "strange" turned to "disgutsting" when I found the sunglasses of the previous owner in the inner pocket. If you bought the pink Havana and want your glasses back, drop me a line.

 

Sell the sunglasses on eBay and consider it a discount.

 

 

Anyway, it was probably an item that was exposed in one of their outlets (no stitching), and I can think about two explainations for the sunglasses: if they are SuitSupply as well, the entire outfit was probably on a mannequin, if they're not a customer probably tried the jacket on and forgot his glasses in it.

post #4316 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon24 View Post

Suit has been delayed once again. Though what should I be looking for in regards to the stitching to see if it's been used or not?
Vents being unstitched is perfectly normal. A salesperson will often do it in the store if you're trying the suit on, so you can better see how it fits. An unstitched pocket is a little more curious, but I wouldn't sweat it.
post #4317 of 6267

US Outlet site is back up :slayer: 

 

barely anything on the site though

post #4318 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post
 

US Outlet site is back up :slayer: 

 

barely anything on the site though

 

Waiting for SS to drop their summer gear on the EU Outlet!

post #4319 of 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post
 

 

Waiting for SS to drop their summer gear on the EU Outlet!

I hoping the same for US site....I have a feeling they will do it soon because there are literally no jackets available on the US outlet site

post #4320 of 6267
I'm just curious ......

Has anyone here actually purchased the La Spalla model ? Thoughts ?

Also, does anyone know about this Meer collection that's apparently in the NYC stores only ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC