Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:08 am in Classic Menswear
- [SOLD] NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 29
Styleforum Top Pickspost #422 of 73777/1/12 at 10:26ampost #423 of 73777/1/12 at 10:54ampost #424 of 73777/1/12 at 11:18ampost #425 of 73777/1/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Yes, a good bar and Ria is good, too. I ate there Thursday evening. I do think it's a bit overpriced though. The food is great, but it's not Alinea or Per Se great, yet it has a Per Se price.
Btw, I liked the hotel better when it was The Elysian, though I understand that it never made money under the former ownership. Still a good place though.post #426 of 73777/5/12 at 1:06ampost #427 of 73777/5/12 at 11:36ampost #428 of 73777/5/12 at 11:59am
I would have a tailor clean up the skirt/hips area as it looks like there is excess material causing it to flare out. You could probably nip the waist, but that's a personal preference as to how much waist suppression or hourglass shape you want. Is this shirt indicative of the sleeve lengths of other shirts? If so, shorten the suit sleeves.post #429 of 73777/5/12 at 12:26pm@awerty: the quality of the photos isn't doing you any favours. Is it a sienna ? The button stance looks very high which makes the labels look short in a funny way. Shoulders look fine btw. Am contemplating buying a navy staple, but can't decide between Napoli and sienna. Nothing available in Lazio. My fear is that they are both too roomy with too High a button stance..
.post #430 of 73777/5/12 at 12:36pmpost #431 of 73777/5/12 at 12:36pm
The shirt's sleeves are actually shorter than most of my other shirts, so I don't think I'll need to shorten the suit's sleeves.
Yeah the photo quality isn't great, my house doesn't really have any areas with a lot of light and the photos were taken at night. The suit is a Sienna, I tried on a Napoli and the cut just wasn't right for me. It's roomier than the Sienna. I think the Napoli would work for someone that has more of an "average" build.
Edit: Could the hip flare be due to the fact that the vents are still sewn together? (I haven't removed the thread). It seems like the sewn together vents are causing the bunching since the fabric has nowhere to go, when I button the jacket, it's a pretty close fit in the hip area.
Edited by awerty - 7/5/12 at 1:05pmpost #432 of 73777/5/12 at 6:22pmHow does the hand/feel of the Napoli differ from the Sienna? Is it similar to a BB 1818 suit? I'm contemplating getting a suit from SuitSupply, but not sure what to get since I will be ordering online. A BB Regent fits me great in a size 50L, so not sure how that would compare to the Napoli/Sienna fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!post #433 of 73777/6/12 at 1:43ampost #434 of 73777/6/12 at 1:14pmQuote:
+1. I stopped by the Chicago Suit Supply today to try on a few of the jackets. I've worn BB for years (Fitzgerald and Regent) and the Napoli is significantly slimmer in the waist than either BB cut. The Sienna was even slimmer.post #435 of 73777/6/12 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by powercat3487
How does the hand/feel of the Napoli differ from the Sienna? Is it similar to a BB 1818 suit? I'm contemplating getting a suit from SuitSupply, but not sure what to get since I will be ordering online. A BB Regent fits me great in a size 50L, so not sure how that would compare to the Napoli/Sienna fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I wasn't able to compare direclty, but it seemed to me that the BB 1818's have nicer fabric than the Napoli cut at SS.
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Offical Barbour Thread 20 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 3 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Help IDing a coat 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)