Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 29
Styleforum Top Pickspost #422 of 86147/1/12 at 10:26ampost #423 of 86147/1/12 at 10:54ampost #424 of 86147/1/12 at 11:18ampost #425 of 86147/1/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Yes, a good bar and Ria is good, too. I ate there Thursday evening. I do think it's a bit overpriced though. The food is great, but it's not Alinea or Per Se great, yet it has a Per Se price.
Btw, I liked the hotel better when it was The Elysian, though I understand that it never made money under the former ownership. Still a good place though.post #426 of 86147/5/12 at 1:06ampost #427 of 86147/5/12 at 11:36ampost #428 of 86147/5/12 at 11:59am
I would have a tailor clean up the skirt/hips area as it looks like there is excess material causing it to flare out. You could probably nip the waist, but that's a personal preference as to how much waist suppression or hourglass shape you want. Is this shirt indicative of the sleeve lengths of other shirts? If so, shorten the suit sleeves.post #429 of 86147/5/12 at 12:26pm@awerty: the quality of the photos isn't doing you any favours. Is it a sienna ? The button stance looks very high which makes the labels look short in a funny way. Shoulders look fine btw. Am contemplating buying a navy staple, but can't decide between Napoli and sienna. Nothing available in Lazio. My fear is that they are both too roomy with too High a button stance..
.post #430 of 86147/5/12 at 12:36pmpost #431 of 86147/5/12 at 12:36pm
The shirt's sleeves are actually shorter than most of my other shirts, so I don't think I'll need to shorten the suit's sleeves.
Yeah the photo quality isn't great, my house doesn't really have any areas with a lot of light and the photos were taken at night. The suit is a Sienna, I tried on a Napoli and the cut just wasn't right for me. It's roomier than the Sienna. I think the Napoli would work for someone that has more of an "average" build.
Edit: Could the hip flare be due to the fact that the vents are still sewn together? (I haven't removed the thread). It seems like the sewn together vents are causing the bunching since the fabric has nowhere to go, when I button the jacket, it's a pretty close fit in the hip area.
Edited by awerty - 7/5/12 at 1:05pmpost #432 of 86147/5/12 at 6:22pmHow does the hand/feel of the Napoli differ from the Sienna? Is it similar to a BB 1818 suit? I'm contemplating getting a suit from SuitSupply, but not sure what to get since I will be ordering online. A BB Regent fits me great in a size 50L, so not sure how that would compare to the Napoli/Sienna fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!post #433 of 86147/6/12 at 1:43ampost #434 of 86147/6/12 at 1:14pmQuote:
+1. I stopped by the Chicago Suit Supply today to try on a few of the jackets. I've worn BB for years (Fitzgerald and Regent) and the Napoli is significantly slimmer in the waist than either BB cut. The Sienna was even slimmer.post #435 of 86147/6/12 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by powercat3487
How does the hand/feel of the Napoli differ from the Sienna? Is it similar to a BB 1818 suit? I'm contemplating getting a suit from SuitSupply, but not sure what to get since I will be ordering online. A BB Regent fits me great in a size 50L, so not sure how that would compare to the Napoli/Sienna fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I wasn't able to compare direclty, but it seemed to me that the BB 1818's have nicer fabric than the Napoli cut at SS.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 24 minutes ago
- › World Wide Artisan Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 28 minutes ago
- › Management Consulting Discussion 31 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...