Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 29
Styleforum Top Pickspost #422 of 93907/1/12 at 10:26ampost #423 of 93907/1/12 at 10:54ampost #424 of 93907/1/12 at 11:18ampost #425 of 93907/1/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Yes, a good bar and Ria is good, too. I ate there Thursday evening. I do think it's a bit overpriced though. The food is great, but it's not Alinea or Per Se great, yet it has a Per Se price.
Btw, I liked the hotel better when it was The Elysian, though I understand that it never made money under the former ownership. Still a good place though.post #426 of 93907/5/12 at 1:06ampost #427 of 93907/5/12 at 11:36ampost #428 of 93907/5/12 at 11:59am
I would have a tailor clean up the skirt/hips area as it looks like there is excess material causing it to flare out. You could probably nip the waist, but that's a personal preference as to how much waist suppression or hourglass shape you want. Is this shirt indicative of the sleeve lengths of other shirts? If so, shorten the suit sleeves.post #429 of 93907/5/12 at 12:26pm@awerty: the quality of the photos isn't doing you any favours. Is it a sienna ? The button stance looks very high which makes the labels look short in a funny way. Shoulders look fine btw. Am contemplating buying a navy staple, but can't decide between Napoli and sienna. Nothing available in Lazio. My fear is that they are both too roomy with too High a button stance..
.post #430 of 93907/5/12 at 12:36pmpost #431 of 93907/5/12 at 12:36pm
The shirt's sleeves are actually shorter than most of my other shirts, so I don't think I'll need to shorten the suit's sleeves.
Yeah the photo quality isn't great, my house doesn't really have any areas with a lot of light and the photos were taken at night. The suit is a Sienna, I tried on a Napoli and the cut just wasn't right for me. It's roomier than the Sienna. I think the Napoli would work for someone that has more of an "average" build.
Edit: Could the hip flare be due to the fact that the vents are still sewn together? (I haven't removed the thread). It seems like the sewn together vents are causing the bunching since the fabric has nowhere to go, when I button the jacket, it's a pretty close fit in the hip area.
Edited by awerty - 7/5/12 at 1:05pmpost #432 of 93907/5/12 at 6:22pmHow does the hand/feel of the Napoli differ from the Sienna? Is it similar to a BB 1818 suit? I'm contemplating getting a suit from SuitSupply, but not sure what to get since I will be ordering online. A BB Regent fits me great in a size 50L, so not sure how that would compare to the Napoli/Sienna fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!post #433 of 93907/6/12 at 1:43ampost #434 of 93907/6/12 at 1:14pmQuote:
+1. I stopped by the Chicago Suit Supply today to try on a few of the jackets. I've worn BB for years (Fitzgerald and Regent) and the Napoli is significantly slimmer in the waist than either BB cut. The Sienna was even slimmer.post #435 of 93907/6/12 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by powercat3487
How does the hand/feel of the Napoli differ from the Sienna? Is it similar to a BB 1818 suit? I'm contemplating getting a suit from SuitSupply, but not sure what to get since I will be ordering online. A BB Regent fits me great in a size 50L, so not sure how that would compare to the Napoli/Sienna fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I wasn't able to compare direclty, but it seemed to me that the BB 1818's have nicer fabric than the Napoli cut at SS.
- Suitsupply NYC
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › 5'4" Suit Length 27 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 30 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 31 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...