or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 28

post #406 of 7569
Anyone have any details on their MTM program? Cost, fits, fabric's?

I emailed customer service to no reply (3 days later).
post #407 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post

Better to be too long than too short! But even with that, the length is pretty darn good for being OTR and right where it should be for a 42R

debatable.

Either way, if its right for a 42r, then you are wrong for a 42r.
post #408 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

debatable.
Either way, if its right for a 42r, then you are wrong for a 42r.

Really... Can you please explain? What size do you think I should be?

Because every suit place I have ever gone into tells me I'm a 42r.

If all you are basing my suit size on is sleeve length, that's like saying all men who are 5.10' should be a 34 waste...
post #409 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post

Really... Can you please explain? What size do you think I should be?
Because every suit place I have ever gone into tells me I'm a 42r.
If all you are basing my suit size on is sleeve length, that's like saying all men who are 5.10' should be a 34 waste...

He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.
post #410 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.

Your avatar is killing me.

Wait, don't change it. It's just, killing me.
post #411 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post

Really... Can you please explain? What size do you think I should be?
Because every suit place I have ever gone into tells me I'm a 42r.
If all you are basing my suit size on is sleeve length, that's like saying all men who are 5.10' should be a 34 waste...

A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.
post #412 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Your avatar is killing me.
Wait, don't change it. It's just, killing me.

Yeah, could you imagine being in the same room with that girl? I wouldn't be able to control myself.
post #413 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.

I agree every manufacture is has different sizes. Hell, even the same manufacture has different sizes based on different styles. I went into a Gap store to try on some jeans and I purchased a 32 waist in one style but a 34 waist in another style... Stupid.

Anyway, as for the suits. I haven't really had a chance to give them a good fitting. But the Napoli actually feels a bit tighter across the back than the Sienna. When I cross my arms, there is not as much room as I would probably like. So I'm thinking maybe even a 44r might be better??

I have big thighs and the pants on both the Napoli and Sienna are a bit tighter than I would maybe like. My wife likes it, but I'll have to try them on again to really see. The 36 waist is about perfrect on both however.

I have another shipment of of 5 suits coming in by Thursday I think so once I have all of my 9 suits at home, I'll decide which ones I'm going to keep and which ones are going back!
post #414 of 7569

Anyone else out there have any experience with their shoes?  I noted earlier in the thread that someone thought their price wasn't too bad but as someone else pointed out hard to tell value without knowing who makes them.

 

I really liked the look of these but without some idea of quality tough to get a sense of the $250 price tag:

 

http://www.suitsupply.com/light-brown-suede-derby-shoes/FW117,en_US,pd.html?start=5&cgid=Shoes

 

If anybody knows of a pretty close comp from a more well known shoe company would love to know as well.

post #415 of 7569
Thought I would post up a picture... I received my Sienna "Suit Up" suit earlier this week. I had also purchased a Zanetti suit at Moore's (Canada). The deal at Moores was buy one suit get one free. The retail price of the Zanetti suit was $700 so I got two of them for $350 each.

Anyway, when I got both suits home, I realized the fabric is made by the same company Angelico.

SuitSupply.jpg

Cheers,

Jay
post #416 of 7569
Well, out of the 9 I purchased, I ended up keeping 5 of them. 2 Sienna's and 3 Napoli's.

I just got fitted at the tailors today so I'll get them back next Friday.

I'll post up pictures sometime next weekend for all ya.

Cheers,

Jay
post #417 of 7569
Just picked up a linen suit, washington sport coat and belt at the new Chicago store yesterday. Its an awesome store, the staff is great and the selection is huge. Will post pictures soon, great stuff as always though.
post #418 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel Guy View Post

Just picked up a linen suit, washington sport coat and belt at the new Chicago store yesterday. Its an awesome store, the staff is great and the selection is huge. Will post pictures soon, great stuff as always though.
I was in Hermes yesterday, and was told Suitsupply had moved upstairs, but I never made it up there. I'll have to go check it out; I've never been to one.
post #419 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel Guy View Post

Just picked up a linen suit, washington sport coat and belt at the new Chicago store yesterday. Its an awesome store, the staff is great and the selection is huge. Will post pictures soon, great stuff as always though.
I was in Hermes yesterday, and was told Suitsupply had moved upstairs, but I never made it up there. I'll have to go check it out; I've never been to one.

Being directly across the street from their building, you can look into my front windows from their patio. The patio area and store look great. Beautiful space.
post #420 of 7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Being directly across the street from their building, you can look into my front windows from their patio. The patio area and store look great. Beautiful space.
I have a good view of their patio from the balcony of where I'm staying, and it's really nice. The wood flooring is beautiful, nice plants and furnishings, too. Very well done indeed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC