I emailed customer service to no reply (3 days later).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recent Canali Suit - DB Wool Cashmere Navy ~36/38 US Last post on 12/8/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Canali Wool Suits - 54 44 L - 1 Left! Last post on 12/8/14 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 12/23/14 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 28
Styleforum Top Pickspost #407 of 75696/25/12 at 2:28pmpost #408 of 75696/25/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
Really... Can you please explain? What size do you think I should be?
Because every suit place I have ever gone into tells me I'm a 42r.
If all you are basing my suit size on is sleeve length, that's like saying all men who are 5.10' should be a 34 waste...post #409 of 75696/25/12 at 7:13pmQuote:
He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.post #410 of 75696/25/12 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by facet
He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.
Your avatar is killing me.
Wait, don't change it. It's just, killing me.post #411 of 75696/26/12 at 6:52amQuote:
A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.post #412 of 75696/26/12 at 8:48ampost #413 of 75696/26/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.
I agree every manufacture is has different sizes. Hell, even the same manufacture has different sizes based on different styles. I went into a Gap store to try on some jeans and I purchased a 32 waist in one style but a 34 waist in another style... Stupid.
Anyway, as for the suits. I haven't really had a chance to give them a good fitting. But the Napoli actually feels a bit tighter across the back than the Sienna. When I cross my arms, there is not as much room as I would probably like. So I'm thinking maybe even a 44r might be better??
I have big thighs and the pants on both the Napoli and Sienna are a bit tighter than I would maybe like. My wife likes it, but I'll have to try them on again to really see. The 36 waist is about perfrect on both however.
I have another shipment of of 5 suits coming in by Thursday I think so once I have all of my 9 suits at home, I'll decide which ones I'm going to keep and which ones are going back!post #414 of 75696/27/12 at 3:59pm
Anyone else out there have any experience with their shoes? I noted earlier in the thread that someone thought their price wasn't too bad but as someone else pointed out hard to tell value without knowing who makes them.
I really liked the look of these but without some idea of quality tough to get a sense of the $250 price tag:
If anybody knows of a pretty close comp from a more well known shoe company would love to know as well.post #415 of 75696/28/12 at 7:21amThought I would post up a picture... I received my Sienna "Suit Up" suit earlier this week. I had also purchased a Zanetti suit at Moore's (Canada). The deal at Moores was buy one suit get one free. The retail price of the Zanetti suit was $700 so I got two of them for $350 each.
Anyway, when I got both suits home, I realized the fabric is made by the same company Angelico.
Jaypost #416 of 75696/29/12 at 7:42pmpost #417 of 75696/30/12 at 1:39pmpost #418 of 75697/1/12 at 9:23ampost #419 of 75697/1/12 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
Being directly across the street from their building, you can look into my front windows from their patio. The patio area and store look great. Beautiful space.post #420 of 75697/1/12 at 10:08am
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 20 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 21 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 32 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 34 minutes ago
- › Strange experience with a tailor in Toronto--what did I do wrong? 37 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket A-1 Navy, Large 56 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...