I emailed customer service to no reply (3 days later).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:29 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 28
Styleforum Top Pickspost #407 of 62106/25/12 at 2:28pmpost #408 of 62106/25/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
Really... Can you please explain? What size do you think I should be?
Because every suit place I have ever gone into tells me I'm a 42r.
If all you are basing my suit size on is sleeve length, that's like saying all men who are 5.10' should be a 34 waste...post #409 of 62106/25/12 at 7:13pmQuote:
He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.post #410 of 62106/25/12 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by facet
He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.
Your avatar is killing me.
Wait, don't change it. It's just, killing me.post #411 of 62106/26/12 at 6:52amQuote:
A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.post #412 of 62106/26/12 at 8:48ampost #413 of 62106/26/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.
I agree every manufacture is has different sizes. Hell, even the same manufacture has different sizes based on different styles. I went into a Gap store to try on some jeans and I purchased a 32 waist in one style but a 34 waist in another style... Stupid.
Anyway, as for the suits. I haven't really had a chance to give them a good fitting. But the Napoli actually feels a bit tighter across the back than the Sienna. When I cross my arms, there is not as much room as I would probably like. So I'm thinking maybe even a 44r might be better??
I have big thighs and the pants on both the Napoli and Sienna are a bit tighter than I would maybe like. My wife likes it, but I'll have to try them on again to really see. The 36 waist is about perfrect on both however.
I have another shipment of of 5 suits coming in by Thursday I think so once I have all of my 9 suits at home, I'll decide which ones I'm going to keep and which ones are going back!post #414 of 62106/27/12 at 3:59pm
Anyone else out there have any experience with their shoes? I noted earlier in the thread that someone thought their price wasn't too bad but as someone else pointed out hard to tell value without knowing who makes them.
I really liked the look of these but without some idea of quality tough to get a sense of the $250 price tag:
If anybody knows of a pretty close comp from a more well known shoe company would love to know as well.post #415 of 62106/28/12 at 7:21amThought I would post up a picture... I received my Sienna "Suit Up" suit earlier this week. I had also purchased a Zanetti suit at Moore's (Canada). The deal at Moores was buy one suit get one free. The retail price of the Zanetti suit was $700 so I got two of them for $350 each.
Anyway, when I got both suits home, I realized the fabric is made by the same company Angelico.
Jaypost #416 of 62106/29/12 at 7:42pmpost #417 of 62106/30/12 at 1:39pmpost #418 of 62107/1/12 at 9:23ampost #419 of 62107/1/12 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
Being directly across the street from their building, you can look into my front windows from their patio. The patio area and store look great. Beautiful space.post #420 of 62107/1/12 at 10:08am
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ChievoVerona vs Coventry City Live Streaming Soccer International -... 8 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 26 seconds ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Palermo vs FC Jurmala Live Streaming Soccer International - Club... 42 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cagliari vs Indonesia Live Streaming Soccer International - Club... 1 minute ago
- › Al Hilal vs Genoa Live Streaming Soccer International - Club... 1 minute ago
- › Paderborn vs Athletic Bilbao Live Streaming Soccer International -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)