I emailed customer service to no reply (3 days later).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 28post #407 of 136276/25/12 at 2:28pmpost #408 of 136276/25/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
Really... Can you please explain? What size do you think I should be?
Because every suit place I have ever gone into tells me I'm a 42r.
If all you are basing my suit size on is sleeve length, that's like saying all men who are 5.10' should be a 34 waste...post #409 of 136276/25/12 at 7:13pmQuote:
He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.post #410 of 136276/25/12 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by facet
He's not saying that you are necessarily a different size. His quote was just reiterating his point that the sleeves are too long for you while simultaneously questioning your stance of it being better to be too long, as well as your apparent justification for it. At least, that's how I understand him.
Your avatar is killing me.
Wait, don't change it. It's just, killing me.post #411 of 136276/26/12 at 6:52amQuote:
A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.post #412 of 136276/26/12 at 8:48ampost #413 of 136276/26/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
A few years ago I started trying on multiple sizes with every clothing purchase I made to be sure I got the best fitting item. We all get in our minds that we are certain sizes, but don't forget that every manufacturer may have a different version of that size. And even the same brand can change from year to year. A large in one brand may be a medium in others. For me, I can wear a 38, 39 or 40 jacket depending on the brand. As for your 42R, the Napoli looks right in the shoulders, but maybe a little big in the chest. The Sienna looks like it hugs you a little better. Does the Napoli feel loose at all? Just throwing this around for discussion.
I agree every manufacture is has different sizes. Hell, even the same manufacture has different sizes based on different styles. I went into a Gap store to try on some jeans and I purchased a 32 waist in one style but a 34 waist in another style... Stupid.
Anyway, as for the suits. I haven't really had a chance to give them a good fitting. But the Napoli actually feels a bit tighter across the back than the Sienna. When I cross my arms, there is not as much room as I would probably like. So I'm thinking maybe even a 44r might be better??
I have big thighs and the pants on both the Napoli and Sienna are a bit tighter than I would maybe like. My wife likes it, but I'll have to try them on again to really see. The 36 waist is about perfrect on both however.
I have another shipment of of 5 suits coming in by Thursday I think so once I have all of my 9 suits at home, I'll decide which ones I'm going to keep and which ones are going back!post #414 of 136276/27/12 at 3:59pm
Anyone else out there have any experience with their shoes? I noted earlier in the thread that someone thought their price wasn't too bad but as someone else pointed out hard to tell value without knowing who makes them.
I really liked the look of these but without some idea of quality tough to get a sense of the $250 price tag:
If anybody knows of a pretty close comp from a more well known shoe company would love to know as well.post #415 of 136276/28/12 at 7:21amThought I would post up a picture... I received my Sienna "Suit Up" suit earlier this week. I had also purchased a Zanetti suit at Moore's (Canada). The deal at Moores was buy one suit get one free. The retail price of the Zanetti suit was $700 so I got two of them for $350 each.
Anyway, when I got both suits home, I realized the fabric is made by the same company Angelico.
Jaypost #416 of 136276/29/12 at 7:42pmpost #417 of 136276/30/12 at 1:39pmpost #418 of 136277/1/12 at 9:23ampost #419 of 136277/1/12 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by JayJay
Being directly across the street from their building, you can look into my front windows from their patio. The patio area and store look great. Beautiful space.post #420 of 136277/1/12 at 10:08am
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 15 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 27 minutes ago
- › nice leather strap watch gift for fiance 43 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 47 minutes ago
- › What are the rules on wearing odd trousers that have... 48 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 48 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 55 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...