Many recommend not to use their size advisor. Is the same true for the actual product dimensions listed? Or does their size advisor simply recommend tighter options than classic meanswear?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:49 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 254
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3797 of 692711/10/13 at 7:07pmpost #3798 of 692711/10/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
I emailed them once with a similar question and the rep said all measurements listed online are accurate. Flat out refused to double check them on a jacket for me.post #3799 of 692711/10/13 at 7:20pmpost #3800 of 692711/10/13 at 7:26pmpost #3801 of 692711/10/13 at 7:29pmpost #3802 of 692711/10/13 at 7:37pmpost #3803 of 692711/10/13 at 7:43pmpost #3804 of 692711/10/13 at 7:47pmpost #3805 of 692711/10/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
does anyone know what this wool linen blend is (from the site "Wool Linen by Vitale Barberis Canonico (It)")? i'm also interested in this suit as the napoli fits me perfectly otr.post #3806 of 692711/10/13 at 9:55pm
Again, appreciate the US outlet info. Just purchased:
1x brown cashmere/cotton cardigan (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/knitwear/brown-cardigan/SW305.html?prefn1=size&start=2&prefv1=L)
1x grey cashmere/cotton cardigan (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/knitwear/grey-cardigan/SW304.html?prefn1=size&start=10&prefv1=L)
1x Napoli grey plain suit (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3314I.html?prefn1=size&start=14&prefv1=40|42)
1x Lazio light grey check suit (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-lightgrey-check/P3294I.html?prefn1=size&start=16&prefv1=40|42)
1x Roma light blue plan suit (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/roma-light-blue-plain/P3417.html?vpid=P341705)post #3807 of 692711/10/13 at 10:24pmpost #3808 of 692711/10/13 at 10:40pmpost #3809 of 692711/11/13 at 3:08amQuote:Originally Posted by DHD28
I don't get it.
I'm traditionally a 34 S
Obviously 34 S are never available online.
But based on the measurement guide, I would fit the 34 R Napoli better than the recommended 38 S
The chest size from a 34 R vs a 38 S is 39.5 and 42.7 inches... That is HUGE
Am I missing something here?
Napoli has a disproportionately large chest, for the tightness of their trousers. It's an odd cut and I can't wear it.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 seconds ago
- › TV LINK>>Swansea vs Everton Live Capital One Cup 2014 28 seconds ago
- › Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the... 31 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 53 seconds ago
- › TV LINK>>Fulham vs Doncaster Live Capital One Cup 2014 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › TV LINK>>Arsenal vs Southampton Live Capital One Cup 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...