or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 26

post #376 of 7152
are you sure you are not a 36R? shoulders seem a little wide and too much excess fabric under pits. OTOH a 38 in the slimmer washington line may fit better
post #377 of 7152
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a suit and a couple of jackets soon. Just a quick question. I'm 6 ft 1 5/8 in (187cm) normal to athletic build. Chest 38,2 in, my jackets are usually around 17,7 in across back (shoulder seam to shoulder seam) and ca 25,6 in arms (shoulder seam to cuff). I'm usually a size 38R but from the measurements on the site it looks like the all jackets may run short in the sleeves (and maybe body as well?). I'm leaning towards the napoli or washington suit and washington/copenhagen/italia jackets. Should I go with a 38R, 38L, 40R? I know I can just order several sizes but don't feel like (due to money and return packaging) ordering three different sizes in three to four different cuts, hence the question. Would be great to get answer from someone around my length/build. Regards
post #378 of 7152

I think maybe the fit doesn't fit me.  I'm 5'8" so I think a R might be too long on me, and I'm not sure the sleeves could be lengthen enough since i have longer than normal arms.  Maybe the Milano/Fitzgerald suit by Brooks Brothers would fit better.  

post #379 of 7152
Quote:
Originally Posted by awerty View Post

I think maybe the fit doesn't fit me.  I'm 5'8" so I think a R might be too long on me, and I'm not sure the sleeves could be lengthen enough since i have longer than normal arms.  Maybe the Milano/Fitzgerald suit by Brooks Brothers would fit better.  
Maybe. Maybe the Sienna cut is not the best for you, too. But I still think you have just got the wrong size.The european size 48 (which is 38R in the US) is generally made for men from 5'7" to 5'9".
post #380 of 7152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman528 View Post

Maybe. Maybe the Sienna cut is not the best for you, too. But I still think you have just got the wrong size.The european size 48 (which is 38R in the US) is generally made for men from 5'7" to 5'9".

What height are 38L's usually designed for? Or say the european sizes 96 and 98? It's a pitty they don't have the length of the jackets measurement on the site....
post #381 of 7152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPN View Post

What height are 38L's usually designed for? Or say the european sizes 96 and 98? It's a pitty they don't have the length of the jackets measurement on the site....
94 = 178-182cm
98 = 181-185cm

But these sizes are not more than general recommendations. All RTW producers interpret them in their own particular way. Therefore I would not use them to guess a size for an unknown suit model without the possibility to try it on. I only wanted to point out to awerty that it's not unreasonable in general to get a 38R for his height (especially given that the 38S Sienna had a very baggy fit on him and much too short sleeves).

You should contact their customer service, they can help you with all kinds of measurements.
post #382 of 7152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPN View Post

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a suit and a couple of jackets soon. Just a quick question. I'm 6 ft 1 5/8 in (187cm) normal to athletic build. Chest 38,2 in, my jackets are usually around 17,7 in across back (shoulder seam to shoulder seam) and ca 25,6 in arms (shoulder seam to cuff). I'm usually a size 38R but from the measurements on the site it looks like the all jackets may run short in the sleeves (and maybe body as well?). I'm leaning towards the napoli or washington suit and washington/copenhagen/italia jackets. Should I go with a 38R, 38L, 40R? I know I can just order several sizes but don't feel like (due to money and return packaging) ordering three different sizes in three to four different cuts, hence the question. Would be great to get answer from someone around my length/build. Regards

I'm similar build and the 38r fit great everywhere except the sleeve length. Sleeves too damn short!
post #383 of 7152
Quote:
Originally Posted by awerty View Post

Just got the 38S (usual size) S130 Sienna Navy Suit.  OTR Fit.  These aren't greatest photos, but I couldn't find any good spots in my house.  

321x670px-LL-21b6ed03_front.png316x683px-LL-f5442750_frontbuttoned.png321x686px-LL-c80f0554_back.png
Any comments/criticisms/things I need to get tailored?  


Try a 36R
post #384 of 7152
recently bought a suit and a SC at Suitsupply, and I'm really happy with their fit and also with the overall quality. In fact, I don't think I've ever stumbled across a brand that sells suits OTR that I don't feel need too much altering, if any at all

Chalkstripesuit.jpg
Brownwindowpane.jpg

Size is 38L in the Washington cut.
post #385 of 7152
Looks very nice. Are the Washington's sleeves on the narrow side?
post #386 of 7152
dare I say that you look like a wanker in both?

Don't think I'd ever leave the house in those things.

sorry
post #387 of 7152
Heh, well it's not like I usually go out wearing obnoxious stuff like these two seeing as I'm a student without too much occasions for suits or anything fancier than a shirt, but at a price of 150 dollars for both the suit and SC NWT, I couldn't resist.

As to the sleeves, I have to admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable of persons when it comes to sizing, but I don't think they are too narrow as I can still move my arms freely in them without real problems, that being said, they might be somewhat on the narrow side compared to some other stuff I have.
post #388 of 7152
suit and sc for $150?

howd that happen.
post #389 of 7152
At their outlet store in the Netherlands, the guy also gave me an additional discount on top of the outlet price.
post #390 of 7152
Ubbens, the suit is very bold but acceptable. The SC however, is not what I would call a very appealing pattern. I would keep the suit but ditch the SC to be 100% honest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC