wanted to add my two cents, as I am an official suit supply owner now. I purchased the London fit. Was very much impressed by the quality of the wool and the canvas/how it laid on my body. The problem is the working cuffs. While it is a nice touch, it makes tailoring a nightmare. My tailor was able to take some material from the trousers and incorporate it into the sleeve lengthening, but was quite the process. I believe the suit fit true to size. The trousers we tailored, but by no means too slim. If I had to say, the London fit most likely has the most relaxed fit, even easier than the Napoli.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Three-piece suits: waistcoats & side-tabs Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE February 20, 2015 - "Dress down your suit" Last post on 2/26/15 at 5:37am in Classic Menswear
- A suit to last me 10-20 years? Last post on 2/20/15 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 3/3/15 at 10:50pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 249
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3722 of 829111/8/13 at 10:18amQuote:
Thanks for this.
While I may not be able to buy anything at the moment (UK doesn't have the outlet yet), I'll just a have a cheeky little peek using a US proxy.
EDIT: My god, I've just found this beautiful all-year coat in my size, not sure if I should try buy it from the US outlet and ship it to the UK.post #3723 of 829111/8/13 at 10:33ampost #3724 of 829111/8/13 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by MrTopCat
Some people had said they raised prices for some suits, but the suits I've been watching seem to still be the same prices, however some of them are more expensive than others.
This Soho suit is £349 and is made of Pure Wool.
While this Soho suit is £329 and is also made of Pure Wool.
Both are normal pure wool (No S numbers), and from the same mill, same fit, and essentially the same colour. The only real difference is the width and spacing of the stripes.Quote:
thank you for the honest comments, a bit upsetting. As this jacket was a gift not sure how I can exchange/return (no receipt, return information was given).
off to eBay!post #3725 of 829111/8/13 at 10:59amQuote:
Does anyone know what the website address is for the outlet?? I can't find it online...post #3726 of 829111/8/13 at 11:18ampost #3727 of 829111/8/13 at 12:06pmpost #3728 of 829111/8/13 at 12:27pm
I somehow got access to the Dutch outlet using a different proxy (Same code). They have some cool stuff that I didn't see on the US website.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The stuff is cheaper on the NL site too. 49 Euros for most trousers, 99 Euros for most jackets, and 189 Euros for most suits.
The Roma fit looks pretty loose to me, probably a more relaxed fit: "The Roma is a classic casual model it features soft shoulders, a half lining and patch front pockets".post #3729 of 829111/8/13 at 12:29pm
Judging by the pictures on the website Roma is close to Havana. My sienna is tighter than my Lazios but only slightly btw. Anyone bought the light grey flannel washington btw ? Can't decide between thqt and the light grey Lazio that looks like flannel but isn't. (Lazio p3714)..post #3730 of 829111/8/13 at 12:40pm
I wouldn't quite agree with that list - the Havana feels much more relaxed than the Washington on me, for example.
The Roma is similar to the Havana, but tighter and longer. The Havana fits true to my regular size, but I have to size up in the Roma to fit the chest and waist, which makes the sleeves and overall jacket length too long. It also buttons higher than the Havana - I don't like it.post #3731 of 829111/8/13 at 2:18pmInteresting stuff on the Clearance site, shame its not available for the rest of the EU yet. Looking forward to picking up a few things once it does go EU-wide.
Thanks for the code LaurensJ
p.s for those struggling, just change your shipping country from the drop down on the right to the Netherlands or the US and you'll be able to access the Outlet.post #3732 of 829111/8/13 at 4:21pmpost #3733 of 829111/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #3734 of 829111/8/13 at 4:50pm
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 9 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 15 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...