or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 240

post #3586 of 7190
Does SS have any suits with a deconstructed jacket? Keen for something for summer.
post #3587 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post

Does SS have any suits with a deconstructed jacket? Keen for something for summer.

 

I have the royal blue cotton/silk Copenhagen - love it. Wore it many times this summer. It is very light-weight but the high silk % means it probably doesn't breathe quite as well as it could.


Edited by allegrokev - 10/22/13 at 11:43am
post #3588 of 7190
Hey guys,

I got a size 34R Washington recently and the blazer fits quite nicely and the trousers fit nicely shape-wise. However, they've painfully tight around the waist. I know there is a little room to let out on the waist, however I'm concerned that they may still be too tight in other places and I was wondering if you guys think opening the waist out would solve that?

I don't want to be in a position where I've had some trousers altered and can't return them!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


They're so tight, if I kept them on for more than 5 minutes there is a high chance I would faint.nod[1].gif

Thanks
post #3589 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post

Does SS have any suits with a deconstructed jacket? Keen for something for summer.

My guess is the Havana model is closest to deconstructed. No shoulder padding, partially lined.
post #3590 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennree View Post

Hey guys,

I got a size 34R Washington recently and the blazer fits quite nicely and the trousers fit nicely shape-wise. However, they've painfully tight around the waist. I know there is a little room to let out on the waist, however I'm concerned that they may still be too tight in other places and I was wondering if you guys think opening the waist out would solve that?

I don't want to be in a position where I've had some trousers altered and can't return them!

They're so tight, if I kept them on for more than 5 minutes there is a high chance I would faint.nod[1].gif

Thanks

Please put on a shirt.
post #3591 of 7190

Posted about 2 months back about a Sienna I bought from SS that didn't fit very well. This was the suit: 
 

More pictures of it and the critique that followed can be found earlier in this thread. Anyway, getting to the point - SS accepted that the suit shouldn't have the problems it did and offered me a MTM suit as an exchange, which they allowed me to pick any fabric (all costs covered by SS!). I'll be going in at some point next week now that the suit has been finished and shipped to them, so I'll be uploading fit pics for everyone to look at as soon as I get it. I've noticed there aren't a great deal of MTM photo's on here, so it should make a nice change. It will be a very nice, but very boring navy. 

 

We can look forward to it together.

post #3592 of 7190
50EU = 40R US
25EU = 40S US
100EU = 40L US

Extrapolate from there.
post #3593 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post

50EU = 40R US
25EU = 40S US
100EU = 40L US

Extrapolate from there.

 

Just to explain the logic behind Euro sizing. It goes:

 

UK Sizing + 10

 

So a 38 is a 48

 

Then if you are a Short, you half it - so 24

 

If you are a Long, you double it - so 98

 

Short sizes also have the next size up pants - so a 24 (38S) will have 34 trousers, instead of the 32 (drop 6) that comes with a 38R. 

post #3594 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Please put on a shirt.

I thought it may make the sizing clearer. My mistake.
post #3595 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Just to explain the logic behind Euro sizing. It goes:

UK Sizing + 10

So a 38 is a 48

Then if you are a Short, you half it - so 24

If you are a Long, you double it - so 98

Short sizes also have the next size up pants - so a 24 (38S) will have 34 trousers, instead of the 32 (drop 6) that comes with a 38R. 
Strange, my 42 shorts are drop 6 (Jort and Lazio) except for the Napoli which is drop 7.
post #3596 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Just to explain the logic behind Euro sizing. It goes:

UK Sizing + 10

So a 38 is a 48

Then if you are a Short, you half it - so 24

If you are a Long, you double it - so 98

Short sizes also have the next size up pants - so a 24 (38S) will have 34 trousers, instead of the 32 (drop 6) that comes with a 38R. 

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.
post #3597 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post
 

Nice jacket...a wider tie is needed tho

In your opinion : - )  I don't wear ties wider than 3' and that one is 2.5' - just  not my thing. Lapels on that jacket are about 3.75. 

post #3598 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post
 

More pics and details?

Hey there, sorry, I only snapped the one pic as it was a "selfie". Next time I wear it I will pair with SS trousers and shirt (more pics)

The jacket you see is the 100% wool washington cut from the spring/summer collection. Its been mild here in NYC lately, so I've extended it's run prior to the inevitable freeze.

post #3599 of 7190
Does anyone have the code for the suitsupply outlet site?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/outlet
post #3600 of 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horenste View Post

Does anyone have the code for the suitsupply outlet site?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/outlet

I emailed customer services yesterday about the outlet. I've asked what sort of items it stocks, the discounts, and how to acquire a code. I'll post here when they respond to the email. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC