or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 238

post #3556 of 6244
I've got this Havana jacket on the way, set to be delivered on Tuesday. I was looking at clothes this evening and pulled up the link. The material description says wool-hemp-cashmere. A day or two ago the "hemp" bit wasn't in there. The item number is the same as what I ordered. What gives? Guess I'll wait and see what the tag says.
post #3557 of 6244
So I followed the size advisor, which I now see was dumb. This 38R Napoli is a good deal too small for me and I'll have to return it. From what I can tell, the shoulders are good, but the button point is a bit tight, and the sleeves are 1-1.5 inches short, which thanks to the surgeons cuffs couldn't even be altered that much.

The pants feel much too tight. Is tightness in the thigh causing the unsightly rippling at the back of the leg? I compared another pair of pants I have that fit nicely and they have about 2 inches more in the thigh. Unfortunately SS doesn't give thigh measurements online--I'm going to try calling tomorrow to see how much that measurement increases with each size up.

I'm trying to determine if I need to go up one size or two, but I'm worried about how that will affect the shoulders. I kind of need suits now for a new job but maybe I should just wait until I can visit nyc to try on different fits in person.

Would really appreciate feedback on how I might find a better fit.



post #3558 of 6244
Quote:

Been contemplating that one since it was posted in the Pre-order as I really like the colour but the date kept getting pushed back so never quite managed to finish the order. If you do go ahead with it, some pics would be greatly appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimanchower View Post

I've got this Havana jacket on the way, set to be delivered on Tuesday.

That is a beautiful jacket, hope the fabric really is what it says on the site.
post #3559 of 6244

Does anybody have any experience with SS boots?  I really like the look but I am not sure if they are quality or not.

post #3560 of 6244

wanted to share my good experience at the Shanghai store. I went in last week and decided on a Washington. had them make some adjustments and went to pick it up yesterday. the sleeves ended up being too short. they were not adjusted, but maybe other adjustments affected the overall length, I had the sleeves slimmed. so I was trying them on and one of the other sales associates comes by and says that he doesn’t think it’s the right size for me. I had a 40R that I had slimmed, but he brought me a 38L and it immediately felt better. he offered to exchange it for me, make some minor adjustments all at no additional cost to me. I was happy with just extending the sleeves on the 40R, but they were unhappy with it because they thought the 38L fit me better. I know some would say they should have gave me the 38L to begin with, but I find it valuable that they offered to exchange the suit without me asking for it, because they thought it was a better fit, which it was.

 

will see how everything turns out next week. if everything turnsout well I may look into picking up a Lazio, but they do not have a lot of the items in stock. Does anyone have experience with the blue line? it says a few adjustments can be made, what can or cant be adjusted? it sounds like you pick an existing style and they will make it with your choice of cloth and the adjustments taken into account so its made to your size from the factory. is that accurate?

post #3561 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

The Lazio is my new favorite as well. I just bought the brown flannel check, which I love.

I personally hate the Napoli. The pants are too tight in the thighs. The jacket is too loose around the waist. The buttoning point is too high, causing the jacket to flair out like a skirt. Any attempt at waist suppression just makes it flair out more.

The Jort/la spalla is nice. I had to have the jacket let out slightly and the pants taken in a little. Really the only reason I haven't gotten another is the price, though I still believe it is a good value.

I think the shoulders on the Jort are it's best feature.

Interesting you say that. I have a Napoli which is about two years old, fits great with some slight adjustments. I was back in New York several months later and tried another Napoli and it was like you said, flaring side vents and a generally poor fit. There was some discussion on this board / thread some time ago about inconsistencies within SS styles and I wonder if either there is continual variance or that they made some adjustments some time ago. Anyway next time I'm up there ill see how the Lazio works. Interesting discussion fellas.
post #3562 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

Interesting you say that. I have a Napoli which is about two years old, fits great with some slight adjustments. I was back in New York several months later and tried another Napoli and it was like you said, flaring side vents and a generally poor fit. There was some discussion on this board / thread some time ago about inconsistencies within SS styles and I wonder if either there is continual variance or that they made some adjustments some time ago. Anyway next time I'm up there ill see how the Lazio works. Interesting discussion fellas.
I noticed that they'll sometimes change product codes. I bought a Napoli 38R (product code P2525I04) in early September and I'm quite happy with it. A couple of weeks ago I clicked through to the suit on my order history and noticed that it was product code P2525I03 and that the size advisor was recommending a 36R. Looking again today it's back to product code P2525I04 and the recommendation is back to 38R.
post #3563 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaour View Post

So I followed the size advisor, which I now see was dumb. This 38R Napoli is a good deal too small for me and I'll have to return it. From what I can tell, the shoulders are good, but the button point is a bit tight, and the sleeves are 1-1.5 inches short, which thanks to the surgeons cuffs couldn't even be altered that much.

The pants feel much too tight. Is tightness in the thigh causing the unsightly rippling at the back of the leg? I compared another pair of pants I have that fit nicely and they have about 2 inches more in the thigh. Unfortunately SS doesn't give thigh measurements online--I'm going to try calling tomorrow to see how much that measurement increases with each size up.

I'm trying to determine if I need to go up one size or two, but I'm worried about how that will affect the shoulders. I kind of need suits now for a new job but maybe I should just wait until I can visit nyc to try on different fits in person.

Would really appreciate feedback on how I might find a better fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



I like how the shoulders look so if you go up more than 1 size they will probably be too big. You could try a long, but that won't help your pants issue. Maybe return for the 40R and 38L and hope for the best?
post #3564 of 6244

I think the cuts really depend on your body type. For me the Napoli is king. I have to size up in all the other cuts due to my shoulders and chest but the Napoli's I have fit in my actual size. I had to size up one on the Sienna and it was still terribly short (however very loose on the side. It would take serious slimming of the sides to get a tolerable shape) and two sizes up on a Washington Half. The Napoli's I have fit perfectly as some of my more expensive made to measures and the buttoning points are not so high. However I did purchase both of mine last year spring so things may have changed. So for me, for now, the Napoli is king

post #3565 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaour View Post

So I followed the size advisor, which I now see was dumb. This 38R Napoli is a good deal too small for me and I'll have to return it. From what I can tell, the shoulders are good, but the button point is a bit tight, and the sleeves are 1-1.5 inches short, which thanks to the surgeons cuffs couldn't even be altered that much.

The pants feel much too tight. Is tightness in the thigh causing the unsightly rippling at the back of the leg? I compared another pair of pants I have that fit nicely and they have about 2 inches more in the thigh. Unfortunately SS doesn't give thigh measurements online--I'm going to try calling tomorrow to see how much that measurement increases with each size up.

I'm trying to determine if I need to go up one size or two, but I'm worried about how that will affect the shoulders. I kind of need suits now for a new job but maybe I should just wait until I can visit nyc to try on different fits in person.

Would really appreciate feedback on how I might find a better fit.
 

In my post a couple pages back I mentioned that I couldn't fit into a Napoli for this very reason: the 36R fit me well in the shoulders, but not anywhere else. Almost a good fit in the jacket, but still a bit snug at the button. The fit was so poor in the pants that there's no way I could've gotten them taken out. The 38R was a comically bad fit in the shoulders.

 

So the Napoli was out. 

 

Sienna fit me better: the Sienna 36R had the same problems (fit well in shoulders, not anywhere else). The 38R fit well in most places, but unlike the Napoli 38R, the Sienna 38R wasn't a deal-breaker in the shoulders (apparently anyway -- I don't have the right eye for this stuff).

 

So I went with Sienna. Napoli wouldn't have worked for me at any size.

post #3566 of 6244

I was planning on ordering one of their DB coats, but it seems like they're not available anymore!

post #3567 of 6244

Also found out that the Dutch outlet has much higher discounts than the UK outlet, but you need a code for access. http://eu.suitsupply.com/nl_NL/clearance?start=24&sz=24

post #3568 of 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

Also found out that the Dutch outlet has much higher discounts than the UK outlet, but you need a code for access. http://eu.suitsupply.com/nl_NL/clearance?start=24&sz=24

Interesting. Anyone have a code?

post #3569 of 6244
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I spoke with customer service but they don't have the thigh measurements either. I'm gonna try a 40R in the Napoli and maybe spring for a Sienna and hope that works. I looked at the pant waist size for the napoli in 38L, but it's actually .8 inches smaller than the 38R's, so I don't think that would work. The waist on the the 40R is a full 1.5 inches bigger, so I'm hoping the rest of the pant is commensurately larger. If none of this works I might just get a second Kent Wang suit, which is around the same price as a Sienna and would seem, to me, to offer better value.
post #3570 of 6244
Can anybody explain the new sizing numbers? I've noticed that a 38S now is 24S; I've searched around but I can't seem to find to what sizing system these numbers correspond.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC