or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 226

post #3376 of 6878

How much is the outlet stuff reduced? Thinking about jumping on a Ryanair flight to Weeze and going to Roermond to buy some sport coats and shirts.

 

Can one contact them to see what they have in stock?

post #3377 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post
 

How much is the outlet stuff reduced? Thinking about jumping on a Ryanair flight to Weeze and going to Roermond to buy some sport coats and shirts.

 

Can one contact them to see what they have in stock?

 

Not worth the flight. A guy drove from London and just about broke even.

post #3378 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Nope, only what's on sale on the website.

 

Which is... not very often at all. The only thing I've really seen on sale so far are a few sportcoats

post #3379 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

Not worth the flight. A guy drove from London and just about broke even.

 

That was me, definitely is worth a flight if you plan on buying a few suits yourself and covering those costs by picking a few up to sell on. I more than paid for my trip and a couple of suits, got pretty decent money for most of them selling to a guy who sells suits on ebay and then the rest just went for what I paid for them plus my expenses on here, all in all a worthwhile trip. The outlet is a real mixed bag though in terms of pricing, plenty of bargains but then some stuff with very little knocked off. Shame I went whilst all the summer stock was there though, im planning another trip in a month or two to try and get some winter stuff!

post #3380 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

 

Doing something similar for the UK/EU, I dug up their Clearance site, which includes links to (almost) all their out-of-season stuff:

 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/clearance/Clearance,en_GB,sc.html

http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits-last-chance/C_Suits,en_GB,sc.html - SUITS

http://eu.suitsupply.com/jackets/C_Jackets,en_GB,sc.html - JACKETS

 

But there appear to be a couple of items hidden even from that section of the wesbite e.g.

 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-khaki-plain-napoli-p3335/P3335,en_GB,pd.html

http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-brown-check-napoli-p3309/P3309,en_GB,pd.html

 

Not all bargains; most still at full price. But a way to get at stuff no longer directly listed. Happy shopping!

 

Thanks for this, just picked up a Sienna for £189!

post #3381 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keal19 View Post
 

 

That was me, definitely is worth a flight if you plan on buying a few suits yourself and covering those costs by picking a few up to sell on. I more than paid for my trip and a couple of suits, got pretty decent money for most of them selling to a guy who sells suits on ebay and then the rest just went for what I paid for them plus my expenses on here, all in all a worthwhile trip. The outlet is a real mixed bag though in terms of pricing, plenty of bargains but then some stuff with very little knocked off. Shame I went whilst all the summer stock was there though, im planning another trip in a month or two to try and get some winter stuff!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keal19 View Post
 

 

Thanks for this, just picked up a Sienna for £189!

 

My apologies for the misinformation! Did you get the blue check one?

post #3382 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post



My apologies for the misinformation! Did you get the blue check one?

No worries, yeah I got the blue check one, says its some sort of cashmere blend. From the looks of it, and how it's not been photographed on a model it must be from atleast 2 years ago, so fingers crossed its not a mistake on the site!
post #3383 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keal19 View Post


No worries, yeah I got the blue check one, says its some sort of cashmere blend. From the looks of it, and how it's not been photographed on a model it must be from atleast 2 years ago, so fingers crossed its not a mistake on the site!

 

Let me know if you like it when you receive it, might order it as well!

post #3384 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keal19 View Post

That was me, definitely is worth a flight if you plan on buying a few suits yourself and covering those costs by picking a few up to sell on. I more than paid for my trip and a couple of suits, got pretty decent money for most of them selling to a guy who sells suits on ebay and then the rest just went for what I paid for them plus my expenses on here, all in all a worthwhile trip. The outlet is a real mixed bag though in terms of pricing, plenty of bargains but then some stuff with very little knocked off. Shame I went whilst all the summer stock was there though, im planning another trip in a month or two to try and get some winter stuff!
I'd say it is risky to go as you don't know what's in the store beforehand. I drove there once and was massively dissapointed. Practically nothing had a lowered price, nearly all suits were normal price and they only had the staples in there. 80% were grey Napoli suits.
They had a few sportcoats with lowered price that looked nice but sizes were either very small or very big.
Perhaps I was just unlucky in terms of timing. I went there a Saturday 3-4 months ago.
post #3385 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklas View Post


I'd say it is risky to go as you don't know what's in the store beforehand. I drove there once and was massively dissapointed. Practically nothing had a lowered price, nearly all suits were normal price and they only had the staples in there. 80% were grey Napoli suits.
They had a few sportcoats with lowered price that looked nice but sizes were either very small or very big.
Perhaps I was just unlucky in terms of timing. I went there a Saturday 3-4 months ago.

 

There's more than 1 outlet. Perhaps going to a less well known one helps.

post #3386 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklas View Post

I'd say it is risky to go as you don't know what's in the store beforehand. I drove there once and was massively dissapointed. Practically nothing had a lowered price, nearly all suits were normal price and they only had the staples in there. 80% were grey Napoli suits.
They had a few sportcoats with lowered price that looked nice but sizes were either very small or very big.
Perhaps I was just unlucky in terms of timing. I went there a Saturday 3-4 months ago.

Agree with Monkeyface, there's more than 1 and also I was told deliveries happen on Thursdays so that's when I went, I imagine by Saturday all the decent stuff is gone. That said, there were very very few sport coats when I was there.
post #3387 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

Let me know if you like it when you receive it, might order it as well!

 

I've just had confirmation of my order being shipped, so at least it isn't a mistake! I'll get a couple of photos up when it arrives


Edited by Keal19 - 9/24/13 at 3:40pm
post #3388 of 6878
Is the Havana cut the most flattering on general body types / proportion?

I looked at the Washington and don't need the peak lapel. I need an easy jacket to wear to and from work.

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-navy-plain-havana-c680/C680,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Jackets Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-blue-plain-havana-c705/C705,en_US,pd.html?start=7&cgid=Jackets Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-navy-plain-havana-c540e/C540E,en_US,pd.html?start=36&cgid=Jackets Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Question is whether sizing up from 38R to 38L is a good thing based on measurements provided online. 38L is longer in the sleeves and body, and slimmer in the chest and waist, which is ideal. The length more appropriate in terms of a jacket following traditional cuts (I am trying to avoid short jackets/fashion forward styles).

Also, does anyone own a Havana style jacket and can say or show how high or low the buttoning stance is?

I am only 5'9 FWIW so I cannot imagine the jackets being that short on me.
post #3389 of 6878
^I have posted pictures of my Havana jacket above, in size 48 (which I assume is 38R in the US sizing). FIY, I am 182 cm (5'11'') and 75 kg (165 lbs), so with 5'9'', I can't imagine you needing a long version.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfjotli View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I have just received the Havana brown jacket from the fall collection (size EU48). What do you guys think of the fit? I am quite happy about it, though the buttoning point could be 1cm lower, and I am debating if I should tighten the waist a tiny bit. Thanks!

 

 

 

post #3390 of 6878
I find the length of the Havana to be spot on for me. I'm 5'8 and don't have the problem of the jacket being too short at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC