Thanks for the info.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recent Canali Suit - DB Wool Cashmere Navy ~36/38 US Last post on 12/8/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Canali Wool Suits - 54 44 L - 1 Left! Last post on 12/8/14 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Yesterday at 10:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 214
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3197 of 76049/3/13 at 10:05pm
I need another work suit. I own a royal blue suit and it's somewhat flashy, so I can only get away with it once a week. I could use a navy suit, but think one of these will do for now.
So I need....
1. A fabric which can be worn regularly.
2. A more casual look as my office is business casual normally....I just like suits.
3. Fabric for a decently warm climate - it never gets that cold in Los Angeles.
I wear ae strands in walnut and black park avenues most days. I wouldn't be against picking up another pair of dark shoes if I bought a darker suit.
I have the same complexion as Leo Dicaprio if it matters.
Edited by So(cal)Steezy - 9/3/13 at 10:20pmpost #3198 of 76049/3/13 at 10:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by So(cal)Steezy
Which of these fabrics would you guys recommend? I like the texture of the first, but I'm not sure how dark it really is....
Maybe the last choice is too much of a wash for my blonde and semi-pale complexion...
I tried on all three of these today, and ended up buying the med grey flannel. The texture of the fabric just blew the other 2 away. It will be warm though, thats for sure.post #3199 of 76049/4/13 at 2:37ampost #3200 of 76049/4/13 at 2:56am
^ sure, sleeves can be narrowed if you want. Be careful not to narrow them too much or the material will catch on your shirt too easily, losing its smooth line. In general, I would say it's better to err on the side of caution so you avoid over-narrowing them.
FWIW, when I bought a Napoli in a SS shop, the assistant did suggest narrowing the sleeves very slightly. They came out fine. The most recent Napoli I bought was via the online shop, so I've taken it to my regular tailor. Neither of us saw a particular need to narrow the sleeves. They looked fine already. I guess I might just have a high level of tolerance for this issue, but unless they're out of proportion with the rest of the suit, I wouldn't worry too much about sleeve width. If in doubt, complete all the other alterations you need, and then look again at the sleeve issue and decide whether it's a problem then.post #3201 of 76049/4/13 at 3:30ampost #3202 of 76049/4/13 at 3:48ampost #3203 of 76049/4/13 at 5:42ampost #3204 of 76049/4/13 at 10:00ampost #3205 of 76049/4/13 at 10:10amWas considering finally taking a shot at the blue linen Copenhagen they had marked down to $150, but it's gone. As are some of the other s/s items they had marked down. If you live near a store it might be worth running by to take a look and see if they have them out on sale racks for additional off. Last time I looked, they had a lot of sizes left that could be on clearance now.post #3206 of 76049/4/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Jr Mouse
Was considering finally taking a shot at the blue linen Copenhagen they had marked down to $150, but it's gone. As are some of the other s/s items they had marked down. If you live near a store it might be worth running by to take a look and see if they have them out on sale racks for additional off. Last time I looked, they had a lot of sizes left that could be on clearance now.
I just noticed that myself....it's good I ordered my cotton/linen Soho this past Thursday. I plan on wearing this weekend then storing it in the closet untill next summer.
I also notice there was a light brown herringbne jacket(forget the model) that was up but they took it down. I assuming they are currently updating the page and it will be back up along with others.post #3207 of 76049/4/13 at 10:36ampost #3208 of 76049/4/13 at 10:43am
By the way, there are quite a few items already available in the stores that are not yet up on the website. For example the grey vest pictured under this washington jacket which is not available online http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-navy-plain-washington-c687/C687,en_US,pd.html?start=10&cgid=Jackets
as well as the christopher military jacket in grey, and a couple other odd jackets. I had been wondering whether the full line was released yet, and apparently it hasnt (atleast online).post #3209 of 76049/4/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by bluesman528
I don't know what you are counting but I can count at least three jackets (the "wool/cashmere" stuff mentioned above), three coats and two suits in their collection with poly fabrics. When I began buying Suitsupply articles years ago before most of you even know what Suitsupply was, poly blends simply did not exist there. And they were proud of it. Now they need substantially more fabrics because of their steady growth in the US and natural fabrics became considerably more expensive in the last years, especially the good qualities. This is the first collection ever with so many poly fabrics. So I think, they are currently testing how far they can go with their customer base regarding material cost cutting. From what I see here, I would say they can go pretty far and that is certainly bad news for all of us.
What percentage of poly are we talking about? Even Loro Piana has stretch fabrics with 2% elastine. I've even seen Polo RL pieces with 20% polyamide (flannels).
That said, let's see how far they'll take it before we judge.post #3210 of 76049/4/13 at 11:01amQuote:I don't like stretch fabrics (a suit should get well cut enough that the stretch feature is never needed) but 2 or 4% elasthan is generally okay. We are talking here about 20%.
The point is, polyamide or polyester is not needed in any quality fabric. When it's there it is only for cost cutting reasons. Who cares if there are other fashion labels who use that, too? Suitsupply did not need it before and they do not need it now. I can see why Suitsupply is trying to use more of these fabrics but why should anyone here defend this?
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 10 minutes ago
- › NWT Ties & Pocket Squares - Isaia, Drake's, Sulka, T&A, Canali,... 12 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Hairstyle for face shape? 23 minutes ago
- › The Official 2014 Thrift Thread Find of the Year - Cheapies HOF 24 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...