Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 5/10/14 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 211
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3152 of 61278/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #3153 of 61278/29/13 at 10:05pmpost #3154 of 61278/30/13 at 4:10am
Re; the Christopher fit pic upthread - it looks a bit snug around the chest (could be a secondary effect of tightness around the waist, or independent of that. Not sure). I don't think it's very flattering on your build, though I must admit that I'm biased as, like CousinDonuts, I can't really see a niche for this style. If it had notch lapels, maybe as a good casual jacket for denim or cavalry twill or the like. But with the peaks... yeah, I just don't get it. Fabric looks nice though.
BTW, the stuff I ordered below has arrived. I greatly recommend the navy flannel chalkstripe Soho. The stripe is soft, and more towards brown than the ochre that the website pics suggest. Really, really nice. Can't wait to get it tailored, and it even makes me look forward to cooler days.
Now I just need to sell some stuff to pay for this little splurge. Will be listing an Ede bespoke and an Ede MTM linen suit soon! :)Originally Posted by Holdfast
Just ordered these two.post #3155 of 61278/30/13 at 7:06amI stopped by the Chicago store last night after work looking for a couple suits in 44L. I tried on the London, Napoli, Sienna, and even the Sevilla. I skipped the Washington since I've tried it before and it's way too tight in the arms. I'm 6'4" and 225 pounds and built like Alcide from "True Blood" without the abs. 50" around the shoulders, 42" chest, 34.5" waist, 25" thighs
Anyway, I loved the London jacket right off and it fit perfectly. The Napoli was great, too, and even though the jacket is shorter it's still pretty long. Wish the buttons were a hair lower but not much you can do about that. I didn't like the Sienna as it felt weird and the soft-shoulders didn't really appeal to me. The Sevilla was a funky blue color, almost iridescent and the fit was decent, especially for $399. They didn't have a Jort in my size so probably for the best.
After I narrowed it down to the London and the Napoli it was time to try on the pants, which was the part that was making me nervous from the start. I actually work out and do squats and deadlifts so I don't have the typical chicken legs of a Dior model. The London pants were about as snug all around as I'd want. I was even able to sit down in them (pretty important!!!) without feeling like I was being squeezed into sausage casings. Pretty close but bearable.
No such luck with the Napoli pants! Definite sausage casings right from the get go. Definitely not a fan of the skinny pant trend.
I went in knowing that I wanted a navy suit as well as charcoal since my current versions are over four years old (Baroni and Valentino from Wizard of Ahhs) and wearing out. I definitely wanted the London in navy (super dark navy, by the way, and love the color) and asked if I could get it in charcoal. No such luck as London only comes in the one color. Too bad as that cut in a 44L fits me perfectly and Benjamin even commented I should be a fit model for that cut and size since the only alterations off the rack would be to cuff the pants.
Since I also wanted charcoal he had my try on the Napoli jacket and pants again and see what they could do about the pants. Guess they can let out the inner side seam and the seat and they'd fit better. Add cuffs and tweak a bit around the collar in the back and the Napoli was fine. Figure what the hell as I'm buying a $500 suit and not RLBL. Can't be any worse than the horrible MTM suit I got from Sebastien Grey last year.
So I'm going to give these two a shot for around $1100 with tax and alterations and see how they work out when they're ready later next week. They're really just for work and I get a lot of use out of them wearing suits three days a week. I have some others I can rotate in on the third day along with my old ones when the weather is crappy.
They also had the blue shawl collared tuxedo in a 44R so I just tried the jacket for kicks. I have a holiday party every year where it would be perfect. Just have to think about it.post #3156 of 61278/30/13 at 11:17ampost #3157 of 61278/30/13 at 3:39pmpost #3158 of 61278/30/13 at 6:20pmpost #3159 of 61278/30/13 at 8:51pmpost #3160 of 61278/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Quote:
Agree, standard navy, but not a matted color. Yes, the dark gray is charcoal.post #3161 of 61279/1/13 at 2:18pm
In light of the minor debate about poly content in a couple of SS items, I thought it's interesting that the website has updated the copy for the two items in question. My own point of view is that as long as full disclosure of the blend content is made (as it now is) and the majority of items remain man-made fabric free, I've no problem with there being a few poly-blend items in the catalogue. Anyway, the revised copy for the Lazio & Havana in question is now up: 1, 2 (click the + next to the material description to read about their justification for using a blend on each).
On another matter, would anyone whose tried on either a Washington or a London comment on how they fit vs any of the other models but esp. any of Soho, Havana or Napoli? Thanks.post #3162 of 61279/1/13 at 2:30pm
I've got a London fit and a Soho. The London is very nice - the trousers are high rise but not to the extent of the soho, the jacket has strong shoulders (a little broader perhaps than a soho) and strong chest with a low buttoning point. It's not a slim suit but is slim where it makes sense for the cut. If you fit a soho you shouldn't have problems with the London in the same size. Only point of contention might be the long skirt but the soho isn't a short jacket either.post #3163 of 61279/1/13 at 2:34pmpost #3164 of 61279/1/13 at 2:45pm
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 19 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 27 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 42 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 56 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)