Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 211
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3152 of 94048/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #3153 of 94048/29/13 at 10:05pmpost #3154 of 94048/30/13 at 4:10am
Re; the Christopher fit pic upthread - it looks a bit snug around the chest (could be a secondary effect of tightness around the waist, or independent of that. Not sure). I don't think it's very flattering on your build, though I must admit that I'm biased as, like CousinDonuts, I can't really see a niche for this style. If it had notch lapels, maybe as a good casual jacket for denim or cavalry twill or the like. But with the peaks... yeah, I just don't get it. Fabric looks nice though.
BTW, the stuff I ordered below has arrived. I greatly recommend the navy flannel chalkstripe Soho. The stripe is soft, and more towards brown than the ochre that the website pics suggest. Really, really nice. Can't wait to get it tailored, and it even makes me look forward to cooler days.
Now I just need to sell some stuff to pay for this little splurge. Will be listing an Ede bespoke and an Ede MTM linen suit soon! :)Originally Posted by Holdfast
Just ordered these two.post #3155 of 94048/30/13 at 7:06amI stopped by the Chicago store last night after work looking for a couple suits in 44L. I tried on the London, Napoli, Sienna, and even the Sevilla. I skipped the Washington since I've tried it before and it's way too tight in the arms. I'm 6'4" and 225 pounds and built like Alcide from "True Blood" without the abs. 50" around the shoulders, 42" chest, 34.5" waist, 25" thighs
Anyway, I loved the London jacket right off and it fit perfectly. The Napoli was great, too, and even though the jacket is shorter it's still pretty long. Wish the buttons were a hair lower but not much you can do about that. I didn't like the Sienna as it felt weird and the soft-shoulders didn't really appeal to me. The Sevilla was a funky blue color, almost iridescent and the fit was decent, especially for $399. They didn't have a Jort in my size so probably for the best.
After I narrowed it down to the London and the Napoli it was time to try on the pants, which was the part that was making me nervous from the start. I actually work out and do squats and deadlifts so I don't have the typical chicken legs of a Dior model. The London pants were about as snug all around as I'd want. I was even able to sit down in them (pretty important!!!) without feeling like I was being squeezed into sausage casings. Pretty close but bearable.
No such luck with the Napoli pants! Definite sausage casings right from the get go. Definitely not a fan of the skinny pant trend.
I went in knowing that I wanted a navy suit as well as charcoal since my current versions are over four years old (Baroni and Valentino from Wizard of Ahhs) and wearing out. I definitely wanted the London in navy (super dark navy, by the way, and love the color) and asked if I could get it in charcoal. No such luck as London only comes in the one color. Too bad as that cut in a 44L fits me perfectly and Benjamin even commented I should be a fit model for that cut and size since the only alterations off the rack would be to cuff the pants.
Since I also wanted charcoal he had my try on the Napoli jacket and pants again and see what they could do about the pants. Guess they can let out the inner side seam and the seat and they'd fit better. Add cuffs and tweak a bit around the collar in the back and the Napoli was fine. Figure what the hell as I'm buying a $500 suit and not RLBL. Can't be any worse than the horrible MTM suit I got from Sebastien Grey last year.
So I'm going to give these two a shot for around $1100 with tax and alterations and see how they work out when they're ready later next week. They're really just for work and I get a lot of use out of them wearing suits three days a week. I have some others I can rotate in on the third day along with my old ones when the weather is crappy.
They also had the blue shawl collared tuxedo in a 44R so I just tried the jacket for kicks. I have a holiday party every year where it would be perfect. Just have to think about it.post #3156 of 94048/30/13 at 11:17ampost #3157 of 94048/30/13 at 3:39pmpost #3158 of 94048/30/13 at 6:20pmpost #3159 of 94048/30/13 at 8:51pmpost #3160 of 94048/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Quote:
Agree, standard navy, but not a matted color. Yes, the dark gray is charcoal.post #3161 of 94049/1/13 at 2:18pm
In light of the minor debate about poly content in a couple of SS items, I thought it's interesting that the website has updated the copy for the two items in question. My own point of view is that as long as full disclosure of the blend content is made (as it now is) and the majority of items remain man-made fabric free, I've no problem with there being a few poly-blend items in the catalogue. Anyway, the revised copy for the Lazio & Havana in question is now up: 1, 2 (click the + next to the material description to read about their justification for using a blend on each).
On another matter, would anyone whose tried on either a Washington or a London comment on how they fit vs any of the other models but esp. any of Soho, Havana or Napoli? Thanks.post #3162 of 94049/1/13 at 2:30pm
I've got a London fit and a Soho. The London is very nice - the trousers are high rise but not to the extent of the soho, the jacket has strong shoulders (a little broader perhaps than a soho) and strong chest with a low buttoning point. It's not a slim suit but is slim where it makes sense for the cut. If you fit a soho you shouldn't have problems with the London in the same size. Only point of contention might be the long skirt but the soho isn't a short jacket either.post #3163 of 94049/1/13 at 2:34pmpost #3164 of 94049/1/13 at 2:45pm
- Suitsupply NYC
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...