Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 211post #3152 of 125678/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #3153 of 125678/29/13 at 10:05pmpost #3154 of 125678/30/13 at 4:10am
Re; the Christopher fit pic upthread - it looks a bit snug around the chest (could be a secondary effect of tightness around the waist, or independent of that. Not sure). I don't think it's very flattering on your build, though I must admit that I'm biased as, like CousinDonuts, I can't really see a niche for this style. If it had notch lapels, maybe as a good casual jacket for denim or cavalry twill or the like. But with the peaks... yeah, I just don't get it. Fabric looks nice though.
BTW, the stuff I ordered below has arrived. I greatly recommend the navy flannel chalkstripe Soho. The stripe is soft, and more towards brown than the ochre that the website pics suggest. Really, really nice. Can't wait to get it tailored, and it even makes me look forward to cooler days.
Now I just need to sell some stuff to pay for this little splurge. Will be listing an Ede bespoke and an Ede MTM linen suit soon! :)Originally Posted by Holdfast
Just ordered these two.post #3155 of 125678/30/13 at 7:06amI stopped by the Chicago store last night after work looking for a couple suits in 44L. I tried on the London, Napoli, Sienna, and even the Sevilla. I skipped the Washington since I've tried it before and it's way too tight in the arms. I'm 6'4" and 225 pounds and built like Alcide from "True Blood" without the abs. 50" around the shoulders, 42" chest, 34.5" waist, 25" thighs
Anyway, I loved the London jacket right off and it fit perfectly. The Napoli was great, too, and even though the jacket is shorter it's still pretty long. Wish the buttons were a hair lower but not much you can do about that. I didn't like the Sienna as it felt weird and the soft-shoulders didn't really appeal to me. The Sevilla was a funky blue color, almost iridescent and the fit was decent, especially for $399. They didn't have a Jort in my size so probably for the best.
After I narrowed it down to the London and the Napoli it was time to try on the pants, which was the part that was making me nervous from the start. I actually work out and do squats and deadlifts so I don't have the typical chicken legs of a Dior model. The London pants were about as snug all around as I'd want. I was even able to sit down in them (pretty important!!!) without feeling like I was being squeezed into sausage casings. Pretty close but bearable.
No such luck with the Napoli pants! Definite sausage casings right from the get go. Definitely not a fan of the skinny pant trend.
I went in knowing that I wanted a navy suit as well as charcoal since my current versions are over four years old (Baroni and Valentino from Wizard of Ahhs) and wearing out. I definitely wanted the London in navy (super dark navy, by the way, and love the color) and asked if I could get it in charcoal. No such luck as London only comes in the one color. Too bad as that cut in a 44L fits me perfectly and Benjamin even commented I should be a fit model for that cut and size since the only alterations off the rack would be to cuff the pants.
Since I also wanted charcoal he had my try on the Napoli jacket and pants again and see what they could do about the pants. Guess they can let out the inner side seam and the seat and they'd fit better. Add cuffs and tweak a bit around the collar in the back and the Napoli was fine. Figure what the hell as I'm buying a $500 suit and not RLBL. Can't be any worse than the horrible MTM suit I got from Sebastien Grey last year.
So I'm going to give these two a shot for around $1100 with tax and alterations and see how they work out when they're ready later next week. They're really just for work and I get a lot of use out of them wearing suits three days a week. I have some others I can rotate in on the third day along with my old ones when the weather is crappy.
They also had the blue shawl collared tuxedo in a 44R so I just tried the jacket for kicks. I have a holiday party every year where it would be perfect. Just have to think about it.post #3156 of 125678/30/13 at 11:17ampost #3157 of 125678/30/13 at 3:39pmpost #3158 of 125678/30/13 at 6:20pmpost #3159 of 125678/30/13 at 8:51pmpost #3160 of 125678/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Quote:
Agree, standard navy, but not a matted color. Yes, the dark gray is charcoal.post #3161 of 125679/1/13 at 2:18pm
In light of the minor debate about poly content in a couple of SS items, I thought it's interesting that the website has updated the copy for the two items in question. My own point of view is that as long as full disclosure of the blend content is made (as it now is) and the majority of items remain man-made fabric free, I've no problem with there being a few poly-blend items in the catalogue. Anyway, the revised copy for the Lazio & Havana in question is now up: 1, 2 (click the + next to the material description to read about their justification for using a blend on each).
On another matter, would anyone whose tried on either a Washington or a London comment on how they fit vs any of the other models but esp. any of Soho, Havana or Napoli? Thanks.post #3162 of 125679/1/13 at 2:30pm
I've got a London fit and a Soho. The London is very nice - the trousers are high rise but not to the extent of the soho, the jacket has strong shoulders (a little broader perhaps than a soho) and strong chest with a low buttoning point. It's not a slim suit but is slim where it makes sense for the cut. If you fit a soho you shouldn't have problems with the London in the same size. Only point of contention might be the long skirt but the soho isn't a short jacket either.post #3163 of 125679/1/13 at 2:34pmpost #3164 of 125679/1/13 at 2:45pmpost #3165 of 125679/1/13 at 2:55pm
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 51 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › CESARE ATTOLINI Blue Striped Cashmere Wool Waist Coat Mens Vest -... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding