Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 211
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3152 of 118318/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #3153 of 118318/29/13 at 10:05pmpost #3154 of 118318/30/13 at 4:10am
Re; the Christopher fit pic upthread - it looks a bit snug around the chest (could be a secondary effect of tightness around the waist, or independent of that. Not sure). I don't think it's very flattering on your build, though I must admit that I'm biased as, like CousinDonuts, I can't really see a niche for this style. If it had notch lapels, maybe as a good casual jacket for denim or cavalry twill or the like. But with the peaks... yeah, I just don't get it. Fabric looks nice though.
BTW, the stuff I ordered below has arrived. I greatly recommend the navy flannel chalkstripe Soho. The stripe is soft, and more towards brown than the ochre that the website pics suggest. Really, really nice. Can't wait to get it tailored, and it even makes me look forward to cooler days.
Now I just need to sell some stuff to pay for this little splurge. Will be listing an Ede bespoke and an Ede MTM linen suit soon! :)Originally Posted by Holdfast
Just ordered these two.post #3155 of 118318/30/13 at 7:06amI stopped by the Chicago store last night after work looking for a couple suits in 44L. I tried on the London, Napoli, Sienna, and even the Sevilla. I skipped the Washington since I've tried it before and it's way too tight in the arms. I'm 6'4" and 225 pounds and built like Alcide from "True Blood" without the abs. 50" around the shoulders, 42" chest, 34.5" waist, 25" thighs
Anyway, I loved the London jacket right off and it fit perfectly. The Napoli was great, too, and even though the jacket is shorter it's still pretty long. Wish the buttons were a hair lower but not much you can do about that. I didn't like the Sienna as it felt weird and the soft-shoulders didn't really appeal to me. The Sevilla was a funky blue color, almost iridescent and the fit was decent, especially for $399. They didn't have a Jort in my size so probably for the best.
After I narrowed it down to the London and the Napoli it was time to try on the pants, which was the part that was making me nervous from the start. I actually work out and do squats and deadlifts so I don't have the typical chicken legs of a Dior model. The London pants were about as snug all around as I'd want. I was even able to sit down in them (pretty important!!!) without feeling like I was being squeezed into sausage casings. Pretty close but bearable.
No such luck with the Napoli pants! Definite sausage casings right from the get go. Definitely not a fan of the skinny pant trend.
I went in knowing that I wanted a navy suit as well as charcoal since my current versions are over four years old (Baroni and Valentino from Wizard of Ahhs) and wearing out. I definitely wanted the London in navy (super dark navy, by the way, and love the color) and asked if I could get it in charcoal. No such luck as London only comes in the one color. Too bad as that cut in a 44L fits me perfectly and Benjamin even commented I should be a fit model for that cut and size since the only alterations off the rack would be to cuff the pants.
Since I also wanted charcoal he had my try on the Napoli jacket and pants again and see what they could do about the pants. Guess they can let out the inner side seam and the seat and they'd fit better. Add cuffs and tweak a bit around the collar in the back and the Napoli was fine. Figure what the hell as I'm buying a $500 suit and not RLBL. Can't be any worse than the horrible MTM suit I got from Sebastien Grey last year.
So I'm going to give these two a shot for around $1100 with tax and alterations and see how they work out when they're ready later next week. They're really just for work and I get a lot of use out of them wearing suits three days a week. I have some others I can rotate in on the third day along with my old ones when the weather is crappy.
They also had the blue shawl collared tuxedo in a 44R so I just tried the jacket for kicks. I have a holiday party every year where it would be perfect. Just have to think about it.post #3156 of 118318/30/13 at 11:17ampost #3157 of 118318/30/13 at 3:39pmpost #3158 of 118318/30/13 at 6:20pmpost #3159 of 118318/30/13 at 8:51pmpost #3160 of 118318/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Quote:
Agree, standard navy, but not a matted color. Yes, the dark gray is charcoal.post #3161 of 118319/1/13 at 2:18pm
In light of the minor debate about poly content in a couple of SS items, I thought it's interesting that the website has updated the copy for the two items in question. My own point of view is that as long as full disclosure of the blend content is made (as it now is) and the majority of items remain man-made fabric free, I've no problem with there being a few poly-blend items in the catalogue. Anyway, the revised copy for the Lazio & Havana in question is now up: 1, 2 (click the + next to the material description to read about their justification for using a blend on each).
On another matter, would anyone whose tried on either a Washington or a London comment on how they fit vs any of the other models but esp. any of Soho, Havana or Napoli? Thanks.post #3162 of 118319/1/13 at 2:30pm
I've got a London fit and a Soho. The London is very nice - the trousers are high rise but not to the extent of the soho, the jacket has strong shoulders (a little broader perhaps than a soho) and strong chest with a low buttoning point. It's not a slim suit but is slim where it makes sense for the cut. If you fit a soho you shouldn't have problems with the London in the same size. Only point of contention might be the long skirt but the soho isn't a short jacket either.post #3163 of 118319/1/13 at 2:34pmpost #3164 of 118319/1/13 at 2:45pm
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 13 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 14 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...