or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 186

post #2776 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

i was told in dc by a salesperson that they will do seperates only on the napoli in charcoal and navy pinstripe.

i asked him why not solids and he said he didnt know but that was the policy. this was earlier this summer not sure if its different now.

Oddly, when I was purchasing a solid navy Napoli I was told they could do separates. The exact wording was "we do separates for our staple lines" - unfortunately I didn't inquire what exactly that meant as I had no interest at that time. Seems the story varies from time to time and store to store. It never hurts to ask around, maybe call the general phone line and try to order separates if you need them; mabe someone gets lucky.
post #2777 of 7578

On their pants page, they only show the navy and charcoal striped trousers available. The description:

 

Though separately available, this trouser is part of a suit. Made of fine yet durable wool in super 110's in navy, these trousers feature a very subtle pinstripe. Due to its fabric, these trousers are ideal for more frequent wear. These trousers allow you to mix and match a jacket size to a different trouser size and have the possibility of ordering an extra pair of trousers with your suit.

post #2778 of 7578

Hi! I ordered up to a 38R Havana and tried it on. The jacket felt more comfortable than the 36R (although baggier too :( but 36R was too tight in chest), jacket needs to be taken in (along with pants being hemmed). When I moved my shoulders I noticed that part of the fabric on the right shoulder would kind of jet up (pic 2). Otherwise I think the shoulders feel okay. Any advice or any other advice on the fit would be greatly appreciated. I teach hs kids, so I can take any type of criticism.Thanks!

 

 


Edited by holyace2k2 - 7/26/13 at 10:09am
post #2779 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post


Oddly, when I was purchasing a solid navy Napoli I was told they could do separates. The exact wording was "we do separates for our staple lines" - unfortunately I didn't inquire what exactly that meant as I had no interest at that time. Seems the story varies from time to time and store to store. It never hurts to ask around, maybe call the general phone line and try to order separates if you need them; mabe someone gets lucky.

 

And from what I have been told (In the Chicago store and online) you can't mix and match the pants and jacket. Although I have seen on their facebook page, a Suitsupply employee told a poster to email him directly (or something to that extent) and he will take care of it. So I agree I think it does vary, and you should definitely ask!

post #2780 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

i was told in dc by a salesperson that they will do seperates only on the napoli in charcoal and navy pinstripe.

i asked him why not solids and he said he didnt know but that was the policy. this was earlier this summer not sure if its different now.

i was told the exact same thing.. 

post #2781 of 7578

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-blue-plain-havana-c705/C705,en_US,pd.html?start=70&cgid=Pre-Order

 

Texture on this fall jacket looks awesome! I'm ordering as soon as it's available. What are you looking forward to in the fall/winter line?

post #2782 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericH123 View Post

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-blue-plain-havana-c705/C705,en_US,pd.html?start=70&cgid=Pre-Order

 

Texture on this fall jacket looks awesome! I'm ordering as soon as it's available. What are you looking forward to in the fall/winter line?

Agreed, love it. 

 

I kind of like this too actually:

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/knitwear/vest-navy-v1302i/V1302I,en_US,pd.html?start=16&cgid=Pre-Order

post #2783 of 7578
if you want separates just do their MTM
post #2784 of 7578

Didn't see it before, but this suit is great too, brown check with purple and yellow details. 

 

There are at least 6 suits in the new collection that I'd love to get: This one, navy birdseye sienna, DB vest brown check lazio, DB vest striped blue lazio, blue donegal tweedish blue madison and the pink soho.

post #2785 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

if you want separates just do their MTM

What was the MTM price ranges again? 

post #2786 of 7578
post #2787 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

What was the MTM price ranges again? 

i'm assuming it's this one:
http://us.suitsupply.com/suit-up-personal-tailoring/content-page-tailoring-suit-up-personal-tailoring,en_US,pg.html
it's pretty pricey but that's roughly how much it cost for me if i were to get my sienna tailored

oh yeah, so i wasn't completely wrong about being able to buy separates... it's for their blue line only though :P
http://us.suitsupply.com/blue-line-personal-tailoring/content-page-tailoring-blue-line-personal-tailoring,en_US,pg.html
post #2788 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

Debating between these two from the new lineup: 

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-light-brown-plain-lazio-p3418i/P3418I,en_US,pd.html?start=18&cgid=Pre_Suits

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-light-brown-plain-havana-p3732/P3732,en_US,pd.html?start=21&cgid=Pre_Suits

 

I'll probably wear the top more as a SC than anything else. Thoughts?

 

It's hard because the best fabric for wearing the suit as separates would be the Lazio - the herringbone on the Havana makes it more suited for suiting (heh) - whereas the Havana jacket is awesome as a SC. 

 

Shit, the Havana is actually a really great cut for suiting and then wearing as separates. All of my SuitSupply SC's are Havana, FWIW. 

post #2789 of 7578
the havana line is really great... i wish i pulled the trigger on the grey plaid number earlier... it's OOS frown.gif

the only bad part is that it's a TAD wide in the chest, but not a deal breaker
post #2790 of 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

 

It's hard because the best fabric for wearing the suit as separates would be the Lazio - the herringbone on the Havana makes it more suited for suiting (heh) - whereas the Havana jacket is awesome as a SC. 

 

Shit, the Havana is actually a really great cut for suiting and then wearing as separates. All of my SuitSupply SC's are Havana, FWIW. 

 

Yeah it's a bit of a toss-up. I'm trying to find something similar to the jacket in this photo:

 

Takahiro Osaki of Liverano & Liverano

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC