or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 174

post #2596 of 7160

I often think about that. I also walk around noticing button-stance, lapels, pant-break, dirty shoes, improper sizing, etc before I notice a persons face now.

 

I wonder if that's good or bad. I'm also fairly new to style so maybe it's just me diving in. 

post #2597 of 7160

That's funny because I don't notice any of those things in real life. My guess is that you're still in the "excited noob" stage.

post #2598 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

That's funny because I don't notice any of those things in real life. My guess is that you're still in the "excited noob" stage.

That's probably it.

 

A well dressed excited noob.

post #2599 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

That's probably it.

 

A well dressed excited noob.

...nothing wrong with that. Only the people here will think that you're a noob, but everyone who you meet will think that you're well-dressed.

post #2600 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

Hey cousins, curious to hear what your measurements are.  Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Can't fathom why your wife thinks any of this is weird, CousinDonuts ...

confused.gif


rotflmao.gif
post #2601 of 7160

oh cmon, you guys know what i meant! lol

post #2602 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

oh cmon, you guys know what i meant! lol

 

Want mine? 

12". 

 

Around

post #2603 of 7160

Stopped by NYC store today. Tried the slimmer Washington fit in 32R, 34R, and 36R. 32R fit best in the shoulders but jacket was way too tight (lapels were bowing significantly). 34R seemed to fit the best, but a bit loose; the sales associate told me to stick with the Washington since the lighter padding in the shoulder helped reduce any indent in the sleeve from the shoulders being too wide. I took a few quick pictures in the store below (sorry for the poor quality). Any feedback? Sleeves are too short, but they don't offer a 34L (and Washington supposedly has longer sleeves). Also, I think the waist should be taken in slightly, but would that cause more flaring?

 

 

 

 

post #2604 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lierre View Post

Stopped by NYC store today. Tried the slimmer Washington fit in 32R, 34R, and 36R. 32R fit best in the shoulders but jacket was way too tight (lapels were bowing significantly). 34R seemed to fit the best, but a bit loose; the sales associate told me to stick with the Washington since the lighter padding in the shoulder helped reduce any indent in the sleeve from the shoulders being too wide. I took a few quick pictures in the store below (sorry for the poor quality). Any feedback? Sleeves are too short, but they don't offer a 34L (and Washington supposedly has longer sleeves). Also, I think the waist should be taken in slightly, but would that cause more flaring?

 

 

 

 

Sleeves look short on the jacket

post #2605 of 7160

Do you think lengthening them would be enough, or am I out of luck with this suit? And any other thoughts? Thanks!

post #2606 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lierre View Post

Do you think lengthening them would be enough, or am I out of luck with this suit? And any other thoughts? Thanks!

 

If you lengthened them, you'd probably want to add another button. 

 

But then you'd be moving into Paul Smith's 6 button territory. And that's dangerous. 

post #2607 of 7160
Timo if there are some incredibly cheap 44 jackets or those that have at least 19" in the shoulders and your willing to send them to Mexico, please let me know. smile.gif
post #2608 of 7160
Im about to pull the trigger on a navy Napoli suit, however suitsupplys size indicators tells me I should order a size 48, Im usually a 44/46, what do you guys think?
post #2609 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Im about to pull the trigger on a navy Napoli suit, however suitsupplys size indicators tells me I should order a size 48, Im usually a 44/46, what do you guys think?

 

I would say stick to your usual sizing.

 

I was at the SoHo store 2 weeks ago. I tried most of the different model in my usual size and it is consistent.

post #2610 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Im about to pull the trigger on a navy Napoli suit, however suitsupplys size indicators tells me I should order a size 48, Im usually a 44/46, what do you guys think?

Stick to your regular size. Or order a bunch and send back what doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

Sleeves look short on the jacket

Umm, he pointed that out in his post.

@lierre - you can both slim the waist and the hips if you are worried about flare or open quarters. The sleeves are tough....looks like you may need about half an inch longer...how much cuff do you like to show? and do you care if there is a little extra room between end of fabric and the first button?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC