Yeah, but the sleeves will also be longer, which can be hard to fix, because they have working cuffs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 166post #2476 of 118066/15/13 at 12:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2477 of 118066/15/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by hayaoyamaneko
I'm looking for a decent all-around navy suit, I already have enough odd jackets, although the Paris Blue Plain and Havana Brown Check are tempting. Saw photos of the Brown Check a few pages back and it looked very nice. I'm concerned the Paris Blue Plain might be a little cheap looking and feeling in real life?
I have the Paris blue sport coat. It is definitely a casual jacket. I don't wear it to work, only to dinner or a bar with jeans. It's also one of the smaller fits so size up.Quote:
I wear the regular in the Napoli. I bought a Havana in the regular and it was trendy short, so when I bought a 2nd Havana I got a long. That overall length is good, and I shortened the sleeves. One odd thing is that the sleeve length difference is more than the jacket length difference, as mentioned before. For my experience, because of the functional buttons I could only shorten so far, but I need about another 1/8"-1/4" room to make it perfect.post #2478 of 118066/16/13 at 7:01ampost #2479 of 118066/16/13 at 10:22ampost #2480 of 118066/16/13 at 11:31ampost #2481 of 118066/16/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
Possibly even two sizes down from their usual size in another brand, I'd say, and I don't know if this helps or confuses, but I wonder whether they've also used regular instead of a long jackets in those photos.
To reiterate my experience from going to the shop in person, I had to size down to a 34 to get the equivalent fit to a 36 in some other slim brands. And the length of the jackets I tried only needed shortening by a small amount, and that was only needed because 34 doesn't come in a Short length. But the sleeve length was fine off the rack, and didn't need further shortening (perhaps because I'm a bit conservative and don't like showing more than a sliver of cuff when standing still, rather than the more fashionable 0.5"+).post #2482 of 118066/16/13 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I got a brown Havana jacket and a navy Napoli suit. I was sorely tempted by an ocean blue Soho but I already have a couple of blue summer jackets (albeit SB and navy) I decided against it this time. I'm quite tempted by a couple of Soho suits I can currently see the website (the brown linen & the grey plaid), so if the first two things I've bought are finished to my liking, I might ask the shop if they'd be kind enough to order those two in my size so I can try them on in person. I could see myself getting one of them at least, to round out my summer wardrobe for a while.
I didn't feel any sort of sales pressure at the Westfield, by the way; on the contrary, it was a perfectly relaxed & enjoyable shopping experience. Maybe different branches have different approaches.
Great review sir! Did you also get your Havana shortened? Because I've always thought that the length of the Havana was impossible to alter due to the seams that are on the rims.post #2483 of 118066/17/13 at 7:33ampost #2484 of 118066/17/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
I was just about to post asking if anyone has posted a shot of them wearing this jacket. Maybe I missed it, but didn't see this in any recent pictures. Can someone link me to this post?post #2485 of 118066/18/13 at 2:46pmpost #2486 of 118066/18/13 at 3:23pmpost #2487 of 118066/18/13 at 3:30pmpost #2488 of 118066/18/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
It's already doesn't look nice on the screen but even more untasteful (according to SF-MC palate) in person.
SS really needs more illustrative fabric photos online. (I suggest in different scales and against a swatch backdrop for visual calibration)post #2489 of 118066/18/13 at 6:40pmOk I just received 12 suits in various quantities so that I can post my reviews (after all, return shipping is free!)
I had an index card with my measurements but I left it at my desk at work so I'll just give you general information on what I have:
Normal suit size: 36s
Height: 5'8" ~ 5'8" 1/2
Stuff I ordered: 1 Sienna, Copenhagens in regular & small (in 36S & 38S) in a variety of fabrics, Havana, Napoli
In terms of size (from slimmest): Copenhagen --> Havana --> Napoli --> Sienna
- As others have mentioned, the sizing does vary even between different model sizes and even within the same model type & same fabric (ie. I ordered 2 copenhagens in the cotton fabric same color same model and they were completely
- I noticed that some of the newer suiting options are "made in china" whereas some of the other stuff are "made in portugal"... this might be why there's some discrepancy in size
- Don't listen to the sizing chart unless you're ordering some of their slimmest fits (even with the havana & the copenhagen you could probably be ok with 36s if you're swoll as crap
- Interestingly, the 36R was slimmer than the 36s (i went with 2 of these suits) and lengthwise there wasn't a HUGE gape in length (maybe about an inch?) also the sleeve lengths for their small and regular are roughly the same
- It might've been the type of suit that I got, but I felt like their linen suits were very cheaply made... i felt like they wouldn't last long
- if you decide to buy a suit, order several quantities of it as the sizing between suits are differentpost #2490 of 118066/18/13 at 6:53pm
- Suitsupply NYC
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 14 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 15 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feeback & Appreciation 19 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 22 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 24 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 25 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...