Yeah, but the sleeves will also be longer, which can be hard to fix, because they have working cuffs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 166post #2476 of 147746/15/13 at 12:45pmpost #2477 of 147746/15/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by hayaoyamaneko
I'm looking for a decent all-around navy suit, I already have enough odd jackets, although the Paris Blue Plain and Havana Brown Check are tempting. Saw photos of the Brown Check a few pages back and it looked very nice. I'm concerned the Paris Blue Plain might be a little cheap looking and feeling in real life?
I have the Paris blue sport coat. It is definitely a casual jacket. I don't wear it to work, only to dinner or a bar with jeans. It's also one of the smaller fits so size up.Quote:
I wear the regular in the Napoli. I bought a Havana in the regular and it was trendy short, so when I bought a 2nd Havana I got a long. That overall length is good, and I shortened the sleeves. One odd thing is that the sleeve length difference is more than the jacket length difference, as mentioned before. For my experience, because of the functional buttons I could only shorten so far, but I need about another 1/8"-1/4" room to make it perfect.post #2478 of 147746/16/13 at 7:01ampost #2479 of 147746/16/13 at 10:22ampost #2480 of 147746/16/13 at 11:31ampost #2481 of 147746/16/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
Possibly even two sizes down from their usual size in another brand, I'd say, and I don't know if this helps or confuses, but I wonder whether they've also used regular instead of a long jackets in those photos.
To reiterate my experience from going to the shop in person, I had to size down to a 34 to get the equivalent fit to a 36 in some other slim brands. And the length of the jackets I tried only needed shortening by a small amount, and that was only needed because 34 doesn't come in a Short length. But the sleeve length was fine off the rack, and didn't need further shortening (perhaps because I'm a bit conservative and don't like showing more than a sliver of cuff when standing still, rather than the more fashionable 0.5"+).post #2482 of 147746/16/13 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I got a brown Havana jacket and a navy Napoli suit. I was sorely tempted by an ocean blue Soho but I already have a couple of blue summer jackets (albeit SB and navy) I decided against it this time. I'm quite tempted by a couple of Soho suits I can currently see the website (the brown linen & the grey plaid), so if the first two things I've bought are finished to my liking, I might ask the shop if they'd be kind enough to order those two in my size so I can try them on in person. I could see myself getting one of them at least, to round out my summer wardrobe for a while.
I didn't feel any sort of sales pressure at the Westfield, by the way; on the contrary, it was a perfectly relaxed & enjoyable shopping experience. Maybe different branches have different approaches.
Great review sir! Did you also get your Havana shortened? Because I've always thought that the length of the Havana was impossible to alter due to the seams that are on the rims.post #2483 of 147746/17/13 at 7:33ampost #2484 of 147746/17/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
I was just about to post asking if anyone has posted a shot of them wearing this jacket. Maybe I missed it, but didn't see this in any recent pictures. Can someone link me to this post?post #2485 of 147746/18/13 at 2:46pmpost #2486 of 147746/18/13 at 3:23pmpost #2487 of 147746/18/13 at 3:30pmpost #2488 of 147746/18/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
It's already doesn't look nice on the screen but even more untasteful (according to SF-MC palate) in person.
SS really needs more illustrative fabric photos online. (I suggest in different scales and against a swatch backdrop for visual calibration)post #2489 of 147746/18/13 at 6:40pmOk I just received 12 suits in various quantities so that I can post my reviews (after all, return shipping is free!)
I had an index card with my measurements but I left it at my desk at work so I'll just give you general information on what I have:
Normal suit size: 36s
Height: 5'8" ~ 5'8" 1/2
Stuff I ordered: 1 Sienna, Copenhagens in regular & small (in 36S & 38S) in a variety of fabrics, Havana, Napoli
In terms of size (from slimmest): Copenhagen --> Havana --> Napoli --> Sienna
- As others have mentioned, the sizing does vary even between different model sizes and even within the same model type & same fabric (ie. I ordered 2 copenhagens in the cotton fabric same color same model and they were completely
- I noticed that some of the newer suiting options are "made in china" whereas some of the other stuff are "made in portugal"... this might be why there's some discrepancy in size
- Don't listen to the sizing chart unless you're ordering some of their slimmest fits (even with the havana & the copenhagen you could probably be ok with 36s if you're swoll as crap
- Interestingly, the 36R was slimmer than the 36s (i went with 2 of these suits) and lengthwise there wasn't a HUGE gape in length (maybe about an inch?) also the sleeve lengths for their small and regular are roughly the same
- It might've been the type of suit that I got, but I felt like their linen suits were very cheaply made... i felt like they wouldn't last long
- if you decide to buy a suit, order several quantities of it as the sizing between suits are differentpost #2490 of 147746/18/13 at 6:53pm
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Question about Yoox sizing 21 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 27 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 36 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 41 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 44 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 55 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 57 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...