or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 161

post #2401 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gold Bug View Post

That is a FIH knot, yes. But, since you're wondering what knot the SS website is displaying then I have to say that the knot you're looking for is a double FIH.

That's what I was suspecting, thanks. I've tried doing the double FIH as well as I quite like the look of it; but it always seems to come out pretty thick looking so that I end up looking like I have a stubby penis sticking out of my throat.
post #2402 of 6742

hi gents, may I ask your expert advice re shoulder width fit?

I typically have 19" as shoulder width for shirts but this new Jort (La Spalla) suit comes with a 17.7 inches (45cm) shoulder width. I just got the suit this morning and fit "feels" right as far as I'm concerned...i don't feel constricted or anything...however, I'm concerned that a fit with shoulder width might only come later and because this is the one thing that cannot be changed, I'd rather be sure straight away and exchange the suit if need be.

So here's a pic...what do you think re shoulder width, does it look about right?

thank you in advance for your help! :)

 

 

 

post #2403 of 6742

I'm no expert, but it looks good to me.  Nice clean transition from shoulder to arm.  The fact that you're holding up a camera doesn't help in diagnosing the fit however.

post #2404 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by biged781 View Post

I'm no expert, but it looks good to me.  Nice clean transition from shoulder to arm.  The fact that you're holding up a camera doesn't help in diagnosing the fit however.

is this picture better? can you guys confirm that shoulder width looks fine? (the wrinkles at the shoulder head are normal, that's part of la spalla construction)... thanks again :)


Edited by mans72 - 6/7/13 at 6:50am
post #2405 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by mans72 View Post

is this picture better? can you guys confirm that shoulder width looks fine? (the wrinkles at the shoulder head are normal, that's part of la spalla construction)... thanks again :)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Looks fantastic, to me. If you already measured it and got the 17.7 inches... maybe your shirts are a touch big... don't know, but the jacket look great. IMO. 

post #2406 of 6742
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
post #2407 of 6742

Looks good. Can't really tell from the picture, but you might want to get the waist pulled in  a little.

post #2408 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by mans72 View Post

hi gents, may I ask your expert advice re shoulder width fit?

I typically have 19" as shoulder width for shirts but this new Jort (La Spalla) suit comes with a 17.7 inches (45cm) shoulder width. I just got the suit this morning and fit "feels" right as far as I'm concerned...i don't feel constricted or anything...however, I'm concerned that a fit with shoulder width might only come later and because this is the one thing that cannot be changed, I'd rather be sure straight away and exchange the suit if need be.

So here's a pic...what do you think re shoulder width, does it look about right?

thank you in advance for your help! :)

 

 

 

I think it looks great.  Love the color.

post #2409 of 6742

I love this community :) thanks again guys, have a great week end

post #2410 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

I don't get it either. Super-size notches are a crime against vision.

Especially paired with pants with a very slim ankle opening. The proportions don't match to my eye.
post #2411 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

new wool linen Lazio...

I don't have anything with a wool/linen mix. Is it definitely a warm weather suit, or maybe spring to fall?
post #2412 of 6742
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


I don't have anything with a wool/linen mix. Is it definitely a warm weather suit, or maybe spring to fall?

 

I have a wool/linen SC and I think its a spring/summer/fall
post #2413 of 6742

I think it's weird that the Copenhagen fit is supposed to have the fittest fit (the webshop says so), while the Washington fit has a slimmer chest. 

 

How is the cotton/linen jackets? Are the jackets lined with a synthetic fabric to make it comfortable against the skin?

post #2414 of 6742
Someone should compile all the fit pics in this thread into one page showing the different fit models... smile.gif

I like the havana, lazio and london fits. I'm in need of a Navy blue suit for general occasions like wedding, interviews and whatever else.
post #2415 of 6742
Is this a Sienna?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC