or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 17

post #241 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I disagree. The poster is wearing jeans which for most people under 40 hang down lower than their dress pants. Both the top and bottom cover his butt, and the middle one, which appears to be cotton or linen, is shorter because it's more casual.

The top and bottom will be subject to taste, but to me, the middle one is in a state of non-negotiable disarray. I don't see why the length of the jacket should vary by the formality of the occasion, to the extent where one could pull an ill-fitting jacket from a closet and vouch for its fit based on one's plans to go bowling and sake bombing that evening. To me, fit is non-negotiable, because it's the most identifiable metric in the care that one puts into dressing. The scale of formality would be measured in the refinement or texture of the fabric. At the very least, I'd be uncomfortable presenting myself with a group of people who might hold traditional opinions on tailoring, so I would always hedge towards traditional standards. There's really nothing for me to gain by toeing the line of proper jacket length. It's the exact same rationale for wearing black to a funeral. The approval of those who insist on black will be more important to retain than the relatively accommodating apathy of people who find grey suitable.
post #242 of 6880

I'm sorry Stephen Hero.. I kind of agree with cousin donuts. I always feel like a blazer with jeans barely works. The reason why it barely works is because a jacket especially one with some form of structure in the shoulders is usually meant to be worn with slacks either of the same pattern or not. It only works with the jeans to me if it's shorter. In my eye it has to be visually shorter than a traditional jacket to work. Like Cousin Donuts stated for a younger man under 40 it works. Its young, it's hip. However to each his own. I think the length on all of them work for me. If your idea of fit for a blazer and a pair jeans is for a longer jacket then that's okay for you. Another reason why it may deemed as shorter is that he is wearing low rise jeans. They are naturally sitting lower on his hips than higher on his waist. Therefore the reason why its not covering his arse is because his jeans are not sitting naturally where a pair of slacks would sit (slacks sitting higher on the waist). 

post #243 of 6880

Does anyone know how the Sienna fits compared with the Washington?

 

I really like the slim style of the Washington but wanted a blue suit (not navy) and the online store only really has them in the sienna style. I think they had some a few months back but i wasnt quick enough to pull the trigger.

 

http://www.suitsupply.com/shop/1.P3266/Suit?filter_27=736

post #244 of 6880
Sienna is not as slim cut as Washington. If the Washington cut fits you perfectly and you like how it looks, I would skip the Sienna cut. It's a completely different and much more "softer" silhouette, shoulder construction, button stance, cut of the trousers.
post #245 of 6880
How slim is Italia compared to Washington?
post #246 of 6880
How are their shirts in terms of size? I usually wear ralph lauren slim fit which is slightly slimmer then brooks brothers extra slim fit, how does these compare to suit supplys extra slim fit? I have super skinny arms frown.gif
post #247 of 6880
double post
Edited by la90dd - 5/12/12 at 3:56am
post #248 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronxs View Post

anyone has BB fitzgerald or regent can compare to any of SS cut? i dont have any access to any SS shop.
i am a dead-on 42R in either and looking to get a SS. from the measurements i have seen so far, i think i should go down to 40R as the shoulder is huge in 42. The BB ones have shoulder of about 18.5".
any help will be appreciated.
thanks!

anyone? thanks!
post #249 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post


To be honest, I think these are probably too short (the middle one definitely is), which is a little strange based on my experience with their suits. How tall are you exactly? I'm 6'2.5" and my 40l suits (Sienna and Napoli) aren't too short, but unless you're over 6'3", I can't imagine I could wear a 40l in their sportcoats based off this alleged length discrepancy between jackets and suits.

 

I would like to thank all of you for your great feedback. This is is very helpful.

 

I am  6 feet tall.

post #250 of 6880

I would like to thank all of you for your great feedback. This is is very helpful.

 

I am  6 feet tall.

post #251 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

+1
What's the typical turn around time on normal shipping with these guys? How long is it taking you all to receive your jackets and suits?

I got mine in 2-3 days, shipped to Canada. Quite astonishing.
post #252 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post

I got mine in 2-3 days, shipped to Canada. Quite astonishing.
What do you think of your suit? I got a Napoli and thought for $469 the quality was worthwhile. However, since I am a thin guy, the suit didn't fit as well as I would have liked. It would require lots of tailoring and then the cost would have added up. I also think the lapels are a bit big.
post #253 of 6880

Has anyone actually purchased a suit from the washington line. If so would you be able to post some photos. Be interesting to see how it actually looks compared to the napoli and sienna lines

post #254 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

What do you think of your suit? I got a Napoli and thought for $469 the quality was worthwhile. However, since I am a thin guy, the suit didn't fit as well as I would have liked. It would require lots of tailoring and then the cost would have added up. I also think the lapels are a bit big.

I'm a reasonably large, athletic guy, and I only had to hem the pants on my 44L Really happy with it. Would contemplate a slightly slimmer model next time though.
post #255 of 6880
Hi guys.. just wanted to add my experience with suitsupply.com. I am not knocking on the company, just offering some FYI.

I went to the store to try on the suits. I tried on the a washington 42S in store and fell in love it was an excellent fit for me, but I wanted gray. So i went home and ordered the gray one. Was super excited that it came in only a few days but then disappointed by the fit, it was totally different from the one i tried in the store. I went back to the store and they said it was a different drop. The one I tried in the store was a drop 7 and the one I received was drop 5. I ended up getting one I tried on in the store. So be-careful with the sizing, I saw sames suits with a drop 4, 5, 6, and 7. I hope they standardize it soon.

I love the suit I bought and the service was amazing. I will definitely be buying again from them, but will be checking the drop first before I buy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC