Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:12 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 147
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 62415/8/13 at 4:04amactually, I also find some things pretty bad:
- the sizing is really inconsistent. of course, I can order and send back my suits for free, but that means my money is away for like 14 days & I have to wait for the UPS guy etc.
- the wrong labeling of the fabric is really bad. I never experienced it myself, but I would be not pleased to receive any other fabric than stated on the website.
- quality seems to go down with every new collection. prices are going up on a lot of items, though
- they generally move more and more into "fashun", which I personally dislike.
Still, here in Europe, Suitsupply offers by far the best value for your money. So I will continue buying from them ;-)post #2193 of 62415/8/13 at 5:08am
So I ordered the Havana for the first time, and I went up one size. Here are the fit pics, what do you guys think?
There is a weird line next to one of the shoulders, there is some collar gap, and (not pictured) there is a small lump of fabric below the collar at back.
What I think needs to be done: shorten the sleeves, lower the collar, and shorten the collar. Do you think it's worth it, or should I try a smaller size?post #2194 of 62415/8/13 at 9:19amAnother question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).post #2195 of 62415/8/13 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Another question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).
Their tailors can be quite hit or miss. The first time they completely fucked up my suit, but they were extremely apologetic about it and managed to fix it completely for free. If you have a trusted tailer I'd go there instead.post #2196 of 62415/9/13 at 5:55pmpost #2197 of 62415/10/13 at 3:21pm
does anyone have any experience with this specific color/fabric?
the pictures make it look like it exudes some sort of oily sheen, which is unattractivepost #2198 of 62415/10/13 at 4:07pmpost #2199 of 62415/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
The jacket you bought has pick stitching on the side seams?post #2200 of 62415/10/13 at 5:27pmpost #2201 of 62415/10/13 at 5:49pmpost #2202 of 62415/10/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Quote:
What are your thoughts on the suit? Also, do you have any pictures?post #2203 of 62415/10/13 at 6:22pmpost #2204 of 62415/10/13 at 8:48pmpost #2205 of 62415/10/13 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by rbf1138
I went into the new Atlanta Suit Supply this past weekend, and ended up buying this suit:
Fits great and needs just a bit of tailoring (being done at SS now) to get it just right. My girlfriend loved it, also, and assured me the minimal textured look of it was great. However, I'm feeling a little nervous that I made a mistake. I know very little about dressing well, and my only other "nice" suit is a navy Ludlow from J. Crew that I really like.
I wanted a second lighter colored gray suit, and so I purchased the "plain grey" at SS. When I got home, I saw that they also have this http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-plain-sienna-p3367i/P3367I,en_US,pd.html?start=76&cgid=Suits which they did not have in the store and which both myself and the sales person (who was very helpful and not pushy) overlooked on the website (probably because it's on page 2). I need some reassurance that not going with the more simple, classic gray wasn't a bad move for my second "nice/good" suit. I'll primarily be wearing this to weddings or formal occasions, not for any sort of work (at least for the foreseeable future). My outlook has been this can be more of a fun, jaunty suit to contrast my plain, dark navy. I figure I can go with a lighter, traditional charcoal for my next suit, too. Any thoughts?
Could you take some pics of the suit and post it please? I've been looking for a light grey suit but I'm not sure on the color of the Sienna. I like the color on this suit http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-light-grey-plain-lazio-p3516i/P3516I,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Suits but I much prefer the styling on the Sienna.
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 21 seconds ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 39 seconds ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)