Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 10/6/15 at 8:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 147
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 105075/8/13 at 4:04amactually, I also find some things pretty bad:
- the sizing is really inconsistent. of course, I can order and send back my suits for free, but that means my money is away for like 14 days & I have to wait for the UPS guy etc.
- the wrong labeling of the fabric is really bad. I never experienced it myself, but I would be not pleased to receive any other fabric than stated on the website.
- quality seems to go down with every new collection. prices are going up on a lot of items, though
- they generally move more and more into "fashun", which I personally dislike.
Still, here in Europe, Suitsupply offers by far the best value for your money. So I will continue buying from them ;-)post #2193 of 105075/8/13 at 5:08am
So I ordered the Havana for the first time, and I went up one size. Here are the fit pics, what do you guys think?
There is a weird line next to one of the shoulders, there is some collar gap, and (not pictured) there is a small lump of fabric below the collar at back.
What I think needs to be done: shorten the sleeves, lower the collar, and shorten the collar. Do you think it's worth it, or should I try a smaller size?post #2194 of 105075/8/13 at 9:19amAnother question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).post #2195 of 105075/8/13 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Another question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).
Their tailors can be quite hit or miss. The first time they completely fucked up my suit, but they were extremely apologetic about it and managed to fix it completely for free. If you have a trusted tailer I'd go there instead.post #2196 of 105075/9/13 at 5:55pmpost #2197 of 105075/10/13 at 3:21pm
does anyone have any experience with this specific color/fabric?
the pictures make it look like it exudes some sort of oily sheen, which is unattractivepost #2198 of 105075/10/13 at 4:07pmpost #2199 of 105075/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
The jacket you bought has pick stitching on the side seams?post #2200 of 105075/10/13 at 5:27pmpost #2201 of 105075/10/13 at 5:49pmpost #2202 of 105075/10/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Quote:
What are your thoughts on the suit? Also, do you have any pictures?post #2203 of 105075/10/13 at 6:22pmpost #2204 of 105075/10/13 at 8:48pmpost #2205 of 105075/10/13 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by rbf1138
I went into the new Atlanta Suit Supply this past weekend, and ended up buying this suit:
Fits great and needs just a bit of tailoring (being done at SS now) to get it just right. My girlfriend loved it, also, and assured me the minimal textured look of it was great. However, I'm feeling a little nervous that I made a mistake. I know very little about dressing well, and my only other "nice" suit is a navy Ludlow from J. Crew that I really like.
I wanted a second lighter colored gray suit, and so I purchased the "plain grey" at SS. When I got home, I saw that they also have this http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-plain-sienna-p3367i/P3367I,en_US,pd.html?start=76&cgid=Suits which they did not have in the store and which both myself and the sales person (who was very helpful and not pushy) overlooked on the website (probably because it's on page 2). I need some reassurance that not going with the more simple, classic gray wasn't a bad move for my second "nice/good" suit. I'll primarily be wearing this to weddings or formal occasions, not for any sort of work (at least for the foreseeable future). My outlook has been this can be more of a fun, jaunty suit to contrast my plain, dark navy. I figure I can go with a lighter, traditional charcoal for my next suit, too. Any thoughts?
Could you take some pics of the suit and post it please? I've been looking for a light grey suit but I'm not sure on the color of the Sienna. I like the color on this suit http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-light-grey-plain-lazio-p3516i/P3516I,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Suits but I much prefer the styling on the Sienna.
- Suitsupply NYC
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 58 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE OCTOBER 13TH - Polo Madness 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth