Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 147
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 90875/8/13 at 4:04amactually, I also find some things pretty bad:
- the sizing is really inconsistent. of course, I can order and send back my suits for free, but that means my money is away for like 14 days & I have to wait for the UPS guy etc.
- the wrong labeling of the fabric is really bad. I never experienced it myself, but I would be not pleased to receive any other fabric than stated on the website.
- quality seems to go down with every new collection. prices are going up on a lot of items, though
- they generally move more and more into "fashun", which I personally dislike.
Still, here in Europe, Suitsupply offers by far the best value for your money. So I will continue buying from them ;-)post #2193 of 90875/8/13 at 5:08am
So I ordered the Havana for the first time, and I went up one size. Here are the fit pics, what do you guys think?
There is a weird line next to one of the shoulders, there is some collar gap, and (not pictured) there is a small lump of fabric below the collar at back.
What I think needs to be done: shorten the sleeves, lower the collar, and shorten the collar. Do you think it's worth it, or should I try a smaller size?post #2194 of 90875/8/13 at 9:19amAnother question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).post #2195 of 90875/8/13 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Another question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).
Their tailors can be quite hit or miss. The first time they completely fucked up my suit, but they were extremely apologetic about it and managed to fix it completely for free. If you have a trusted tailer I'd go there instead.post #2196 of 90875/9/13 at 5:55pmpost #2197 of 90875/10/13 at 3:21pm
does anyone have any experience with this specific color/fabric?
the pictures make it look like it exudes some sort of oily sheen, which is unattractivepost #2198 of 90875/10/13 at 4:07pmpost #2199 of 90875/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
The jacket you bought has pick stitching on the side seams?post #2200 of 90875/10/13 at 5:27pmpost #2201 of 90875/10/13 at 5:49pmpost #2202 of 90875/10/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Quote:
What are your thoughts on the suit? Also, do you have any pictures?post #2203 of 90875/10/13 at 6:22pmpost #2204 of 90875/10/13 at 8:48pmpost #2205 of 90875/10/13 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by rbf1138
I went into the new Atlanta Suit Supply this past weekend, and ended up buying this suit:
Fits great and needs just a bit of tailoring (being done at SS now) to get it just right. My girlfriend loved it, also, and assured me the minimal textured look of it was great. However, I'm feeling a little nervous that I made a mistake. I know very little about dressing well, and my only other "nice" suit is a navy Ludlow from J. Crew that I really like.
I wanted a second lighter colored gray suit, and so I purchased the "plain grey" at SS. When I got home, I saw that they also have this http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-plain-sienna-p3367i/P3367I,en_US,pd.html?start=76&cgid=Suits which they did not have in the store and which both myself and the sales person (who was very helpful and not pushy) overlooked on the website (probably because it's on page 2). I need some reassurance that not going with the more simple, classic gray wasn't a bad move for my second "nice/good" suit. I'll primarily be wearing this to weddings or formal occasions, not for any sort of work (at least for the foreseeable future). My outlook has been this can be more of a fun, jaunty suit to contrast my plain, dark navy. I figure I can go with a lighter, traditional charcoal for my next suit, too. Any thoughts?
Could you take some pics of the suit and post it please? I've been looking for a light grey suit but I'm not sure on the color of the Sienna. I like the color on this suit http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-light-grey-plain-lazio-p3516i/P3516I,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Suits but I much prefer the styling on the Sienna.
- Suitsupply NYC
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Nigeria stock market Online Investment Invest $400 Return $4000 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Burgundy Museum Calf Adelaide pre-order 23 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 23 minutes ago
- › Unexpected encounters with celebrities 24 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 25 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan