Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 147post #2192 of 126855/8/13 at 4:04amactually, I also find some things pretty bad:
- the sizing is really inconsistent. of course, I can order and send back my suits for free, but that means my money is away for like 14 days & I have to wait for the UPS guy etc.
- the wrong labeling of the fabric is really bad. I never experienced it myself, but I would be not pleased to receive any other fabric than stated on the website.
- quality seems to go down with every new collection. prices are going up on a lot of items, though
- they generally move more and more into "fashun", which I personally dislike.
Still, here in Europe, Suitsupply offers by far the best value for your money. So I will continue buying from them ;-)post #2193 of 126855/8/13 at 5:08am
So I ordered the Havana for the first time, and I went up one size. Here are the fit pics, what do you guys think?
There is a weird line next to one of the shoulders, there is some collar gap, and (not pictured) there is a small lump of fabric below the collar at back.
What I think needs to be done: shorten the sleeves, lower the collar, and shorten the collar. Do you think it's worth it, or should I try a smaller size?post #2194 of 126855/8/13 at 9:19amAnother question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).post #2195 of 126855/8/13 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Another question: For anyone who has tried both, how does the fit of the London model compare to the fit of the Tuxedo?
Also, I can't remember if I asked this, has anyone had the tailors there remove the belt loops? If so, did they do a good job? I tried a London and liked the fit but not sure I'd trust the in-house tailors to do more than the necessary let-out of the trouser waist/seat (and maybe not even that if others had bad experiences; have heard mixed reviews).
Their tailors can be quite hit or miss. The first time they completely fucked up my suit, but they were extremely apologetic about it and managed to fix it completely for free. If you have a trusted tailer I'd go there instead.post #2196 of 126855/9/13 at 5:55pmpost #2197 of 126855/10/13 at 3:21pm
does anyone have any experience with this specific color/fabric?
the pictures make it look like it exudes some sort of oily sheen, which is unattractivepost #2198 of 126855/10/13 at 4:07pmpost #2199 of 126855/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
The jacket you bought has pick stitching on the side seams?post #2200 of 126855/10/13 at 5:27pmpost #2201 of 126855/10/13 at 5:49pmpost #2202 of 126855/10/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Quote:
What are your thoughts on the suit? Also, do you have any pictures?post #2203 of 126855/10/13 at 6:22pmpost #2204 of 126855/10/13 at 8:48pmpost #2205 of 126855/10/13 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by rbf1138
I went into the new Atlanta Suit Supply this past weekend, and ended up buying this suit:
Fits great and needs just a bit of tailoring (being done at SS now) to get it just right. My girlfriend loved it, also, and assured me the minimal textured look of it was great. However, I'm feeling a little nervous that I made a mistake. I know very little about dressing well, and my only other "nice" suit is a navy Ludlow from J. Crew that I really like.
I wanted a second lighter colored gray suit, and so I purchased the "plain grey" at SS. When I got home, I saw that they also have this http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-plain-sienna-p3367i/P3367I,en_US,pd.html?start=76&cgid=Suits which they did not have in the store and which both myself and the sales person (who was very helpful and not pushy) overlooked on the website (probably because it's on page 2). I need some reassurance that not going with the more simple, classic gray wasn't a bad move for my second "nice/good" suit. I'll primarily be wearing this to weddings or formal occasions, not for any sort of work (at least for the foreseeable future). My outlook has been this can be more of a fun, jaunty suit to contrast my plain, dark navy. I figure I can go with a lighter, traditional charcoal for my next suit, too. Any thoughts?
Could you take some pics of the suit and post it please? I've been looking for a light grey suit but I'm not sure on the color of the Sienna. I like the color on this suit http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-light-grey-plain-lazio-p3516i/P3516I,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Suits but I much prefer the styling on the Sienna.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 35 seconds ago
- › $200 budget for a leather briefcase 50 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 17 minutes ago
- › NWT Filson Padded Computer Bag - Black 20 minutes ago
- › NWT Filson Padded Computer Bag - Black 23 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding