I do believe the inner pocket is adorned with one as well, so if you don't mind switching that one out you should be all set!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recent Canali Suit - DB Wool Cashmere Navy ~36/38 US Last post on 12/8/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Canali Wool Suits - 54 44 L Last post on 12/8/14 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 145post #2161 of 75155/5/13 at 11:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2162 of 75155/5/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
I thought you wanted a specific Washington model. Seen as that's not the case, I'd try going with any of the notch lapel models. Nearly all of their fits are rather slim, so I'm sure you can find something to your liking. Altering the lapels really isn't worth it, and especially not for a SS suit.post #2163 of 75155/5/13 at 12:31pmpost #2164 of 75155/5/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrStrangelove
This is one of their "London"-cut-suits (compared to "Napoli"-cut: longer jacket, lower buttoning point, chest a bit fuller) Size 40L If someone is interested, I have a database with the chest, waist and sleeve measurements of the Sienna, London, Napoli, Jort, Washington, Roma and Lazio-cut-
I'd like it if it's still around.post #2165 of 75155/5/13 at 3:55pmpost #2166 of 75155/6/13 at 12:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ABCXYZ
New suits from previous seasons. If you are a 40/50, you can occasionally see a runway sample or two. All are first quality. It is sometimes a little hard to find a staple gray or blue, but not impossible. It is very much worth the drive. Also check out Maasmechellen Village. Quieter Suit supply outlet and sometimes different stock. Outlets exist because the retail store never mark down items, even during Jan/July sales
Definately sounds worth the trip, I think I will be making a visit to their outlet stores very soon :)
post #2167 of 75155/6/13 at 6:24ampost #2168 of 75155/6/13 at 6:25ampost #2169 of 75155/6/13 at 6:33ampost #2170 of 75155/6/13 at 6:37ampost #2171 of 75155/6/13 at 6:40amI am considering a La Spalla (formerly known as Jort) suit...can anyone educate me on their quality? how are the fabrics? also, any info on fit would be great.Have read everything about them on suitsupply's website so at this point I'm interested in "real life" experience with that suit model.PS: I'm aware of the particular shoulder construction, which is fine by me.many thanks :)post #2172 of 75155/6/13 at 9:27amI stopped in the DC store on Friday and this is what I found:
Suits - pretty big selection, pretty much what you see online, though I noticed more of the patterned stuff than solid staples. Definitely weighted towards the S/S collection.
Sportcoats - less than they carry online. Mostly the Copenhagen models, two linen Havanas, the Casablanca, and one Soho. I didn't see any Washington jackets.
Shoes - they appeared to carry just about everything you see online. I tried on a pair of dub monks and had to size down a half size. I didn't ask if they just run big, or if it is Euro sizing.
Other - plenty of socks, belts, casual pants, bags, shirts, and ties. They did not have any of the artwork inspired pocket squares, like steffen just got.
I learned something while there...if there is something you want but don't see it on the floor, ask and you may be surprised. There was a particular jacket that I wanted to try on, didn't see it, asked a salesman, and turns out they had it in the back. (I didn't ask why it wasn't on the floor)
I have now been in 3 stores - one in London, NYC, now DC - and they all have the same concept. Open floor, bright, nice salesmen, low pressure (at least I think so).post #2173 of 75155/6/13 at 10:46ampost #2174 of 75155/6/13 at 2:48pmQuote:
I'll be needing a navy interviews-and-funerals suit (to be used rarely) and right now am trying to decide between something from Kent Wang or this London from SuitSupply. Thank you for the review! I'll pay them a visit.post #2175 of 75155/6/13 at 2:50pm
How is the quality of their shoes?
I'm probably going to London this summer and I want to stop by the SS-store. Meermin is enticing, but sizing and the wait puts me off.
Note - I will check out C&J, EG and other makers with a shop in London on the same trip, but just curious as to the quality of their shoes.
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 27 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 29 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 36 minutes ago
- › S.N.S. Herning - Stark Cardigan - Blue Static Mix - XS - NWT 36 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...