I do believe the inner pocket is adorned with one as well, so if you don't mind switching that one out you should be all set!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 145post #2161 of 129655/5/13 at 11:59ampost #2162 of 129655/5/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
I thought you wanted a specific Washington model. Seen as that's not the case, I'd try going with any of the notch lapel models. Nearly all of their fits are rather slim, so I'm sure you can find something to your liking. Altering the lapels really isn't worth it, and especially not for a SS suit.post #2163 of 129655/5/13 at 12:31pmpost #2164 of 129655/5/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrStrangelove
This is one of their "London"-cut-suits (compared to "Napoli"-cut: longer jacket, lower buttoning point, chest a bit fuller) Size 40L If someone is interested, I have a database with the chest, waist and sleeve measurements of the Sienna, London, Napoli, Jort, Washington, Roma and Lazio-cut-
I'd like it if it's still around.post #2165 of 129655/5/13 at 3:55pmpost #2166 of 129655/6/13 at 12:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ABCXYZ
New suits from previous seasons. If you are a 40/50, you can occasionally see a runway sample or two. All are first quality. It is sometimes a little hard to find a staple gray or blue, but not impossible. It is very much worth the drive. Also check out Maasmechellen Village. Quieter Suit supply outlet and sometimes different stock. Outlets exist because the retail store never mark down items, even during Jan/July sales
Definately sounds worth the trip, I think I will be making a visit to their outlet stores very soon :)
post #2167 of 129655/6/13 at 6:24ampost #2168 of 129655/6/13 at 6:25ampost #2169 of 129655/6/13 at 6:33ampost #2170 of 129655/6/13 at 6:37ampost #2171 of 129655/6/13 at 6:40amI am considering a La Spalla (formerly known as Jort) suit...can anyone educate me on their quality? how are the fabrics? also, any info on fit would be great.Have read everything about them on suitsupply's website so at this point I'm interested in "real life" experience with that suit model.PS: I'm aware of the particular shoulder construction, which is fine by me.many thanks :)post #2172 of 129655/6/13 at 9:27amI stopped in the DC store on Friday and this is what I found:
Suits - pretty big selection, pretty much what you see online, though I noticed more of the patterned stuff than solid staples. Definitely weighted towards the S/S collection.
Sportcoats - less than they carry online. Mostly the Copenhagen models, two linen Havanas, the Casablanca, and one Soho. I didn't see any Washington jackets.
Shoes - they appeared to carry just about everything you see online. I tried on a pair of dub monks and had to size down a half size. I didn't ask if they just run big, or if it is Euro sizing.
Other - plenty of socks, belts, casual pants, bags, shirts, and ties. They did not have any of the artwork inspired pocket squares, like steffen just got.
I learned something while there...if there is something you want but don't see it on the floor, ask and you may be surprised. There was a particular jacket that I wanted to try on, didn't see it, asked a salesman, and turns out they had it in the back. (I didn't ask why it wasn't on the floor)
I have now been in 3 stores - one in London, NYC, now DC - and they all have the same concept. Open floor, bright, nice salesmen, low pressure (at least I think so).post #2173 of 129655/6/13 at 10:46ampost #2174 of 129655/6/13 at 2:48pmQuote:
I'll be needing a navy interviews-and-funerals suit (to be used rarely) and right now am trying to decide between something from Kent Wang or this London from SuitSupply. Thank you for the review! I'll pay them a visit.post #2175 of 129655/6/13 at 2:50pm
How is the quality of their shoes?
I'm probably going to London this summer and I want to stop by the SS-store. Meermin is enticing, but sizing and the wait puts me off.
Note - I will check out C&J, EG and other makers with a shop in London on the same trip, but just curious as to the quality of their shoes.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 26 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Things You Think You Know: Myth Busting in Classic Menswear 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 15 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding