I do believe the inner pocket is adorned with one as well, so if you don't mind switching that one out you should be all set!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BELVEST Super 150s Navy Blue Solid DB Suit - 52 IT ~40/42 Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:36pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 10/7/13 at 6:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Another Price Drop-Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Size approx 38 Last post on 9/29/13 at 5:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 145
Styleforum Top Picks
I thought you wanted a specific Washington model. Seen as that's not the case, I'd try going with any of the notch lapel models. Nearly all of their fits are rather slim, so I'm sure you can find something to your liking. Altering the lapels really isn't worth it, and especially not for a SS suit.
This is one of their "London"-cut-suits (compared to "Napoli"-cut: longer jacket, lower buttoning point, chest a bit fuller) Size 40L If someone is interested, I have a database with the chest, waist and sleeve measurements of the Sienna, London, Napoli, Jort, Washington, Roma and Lazio-cut-
I'd like it if it's still around.
New suits from previous seasons. If you are a 40/50, you can occasionally see a runway sample or two. All are first quality. It is sometimes a little hard to find a staple gray or blue, but not impossible. It is very much worth the drive. Also check out Maasmechellen Village. Quieter Suit supply outlet and sometimes different stock. Outlets exist because the retail store never mark down items, even during Jan/July sales
Definately sounds worth the trip, I think I will be making a visit to their outlet stores very soon :)
Suits - pretty big selection, pretty much what you see online, though I noticed more of the patterned stuff than solid staples. Definitely weighted towards the S/S collection.
Sportcoats - less than they carry online. Mostly the Copenhagen models, two linen Havanas, the Casablanca, and one Soho. I didn't see any Washington jackets.
Shoes - they appeared to carry just about everything you see online. I tried on a pair of dub monks and had to size down a half size. I didn't ask if they just run big, or if it is Euro sizing.
Other - plenty of socks, belts, casual pants, bags, shirts, and ties. They did not have any of the artwork inspired pocket squares, like steffen just got.
I learned something while there...if there is something you want but don't see it on the floor, ask and you may be surprised. There was a particular jacket that I wanted to try on, didn't see it, asked a salesman, and turns out they had it in the back. (I didn't ask why it wasn't on the floor)
I have now been in 3 stores - one in London, NYC, now DC - and they all have the same concept. Open floor, bright, nice salesmen, low pressure (at least I think so).
I'll be needing a navy interviews-and-funerals suit (to be used rarely) and right now am trying to decide between something from Kent Wang or this London from SuitSupply. Thank you for the review! I'll pay them a visit.
How is the quality of their shoes?
I'm probably going to London this summer and I want to stop by the SS-store. Meermin is enticing, but sizing and the wait puts me off.
Note - I will check out C&J, EG and other makers with a shop in London on the same trip, but just curious as to the quality of their shoes.
- Suitsupply NYC
- › things that are making you happy 8 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw