Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 5/10/14 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 143post #2131 of 61305/2/13 at 1:40amI'm planning to get the Blue Linen Havana. Not sure whether I should get 42 or 44. I can't visit the store to try it on because I don't live in the US. I fit 42 in Massimo Dutti's suit jackets and 44 in their sport coats. I'm 5'9" tall and 190 lbs with broad shoulders. What size is recommended?
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2132 of 61305/2/13 at 1:51amQuote:Originally Posted by kevinyapjoco
I'm planning to get the Blue Linen Havana. Not sure whether I should get 42 or 44. I can't visit the store to try it on because I don't live in the US. I fit 42 in Massimo Dutti's suit jackets and 44 in their sport coats. I'm 5'9" tall and 190 lbs with broad shoulders. What size is recommended?
Havanas tend to be on the tighter side so sizing up could work. However it's worth checking the Size Advisor tab on the Suitsupply site where it lists the measurements for each size in that model.post #2133 of 61305/2/13 at 5:27ampost #2134 of 61305/2/13 at 5:53ampost #2135 of 61305/2/13 at 11:40ampost #2136 of 61305/2/13 at 6:37pmpost #2137 of 61305/2/13 at 10:31pmpost #2138 of 61305/2/13 at 11:09pmQuote:
I always have to add a 5th button being that Im usually lengthening the sleeves about an 1.5 inches. No one really notices. You will be fine if you decide to do that IMO.post #2139 of 61305/3/13 at 6:58amSuitssupply have some nice summer jackets, but problem is that I can't make their sizing to make sense... Generally use size 38 but their jackets seems way to shorten, don't they? Just click on the link and see the measurements yourself.
Navy quilted jacket
Navy summer coat
Blue summer coatpost #2140 of 61305/3/13 at 12:50pmJust got my first order from suit supply. Three suits (navy, dark grey, and light grey). Quite happy with the quality and fit out of the box. But when I pulled out the third suit I noticed this:
Is it just me, or are the pants with the dark grey suit a noticeably lighter shade than the jacket? The pants almost seem to be a mid-grey...
Edit: I just checked the fabric codes, and they are different. Sigh... looks like I'll need to do an exchange.post #2141 of 61305/3/13 at 2:30pm
Okay this might be a dumb question, but why are the suits in the outlet store in Roermond 'outlet'?
Is it just old stock, or is there something wrong with the suits, damage or something else?
I'm getting my first suit very soon and Roermond is only an hours drive from where I live, so I definately think it's worth the trip if the suits they sell in the outlet are good, getting a suit for 149-200 that would normally cost me 300 would be great, I could spend the rest of the money on getting it tailored better.post #2142 of 61305/3/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Suit supply charges 28$ to lengthen the sleeves and .75in is the max with working cuffs.post #2143 of 61305/3/13 at 7:19pmpost #2144 of 61305/3/13 at 7:46pm
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)