+1, it's not a staple suit. To me you should have a staple suit in each color (navy, charcoal) before you start building into a suit like the Washington.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 5/10/14 at 8:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 15post #211 of 61274/24/12 at 4:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 61274/24/12 at 8:27pmpost #213 of 61274/25/12 at 9:19ampost #214 of 61274/25/12 at 7:40pmpost #215 of 61274/26/12 at 8:42ampost #216 of 61274/26/12 at 8:53amQuote:
This is my gray one that I posted earlier Diesel man..Dark charcoal gray. I think the darkest they have and it does not appear to look black under lightpost #217 of 61274/26/12 at 9:14ampost #218 of 61274/26/12 at 12:04pmpost #219 of 61274/26/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The charcoal i got from the F/W collection looks like the other 2 charcoal's I've owned in my life, neither of which would be confused as black. The one i have is close to this.post #220 of 61274/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #221 of 61274/26/12 at 12:38pmpost #222 of 61274/26/12 at 1:25pmpost #223 of 61274/26/12 at 1:37pmQuote:
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly casual sportcoat.post #224 of 61274/26/12 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by PCyclone
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly casual sportcoat.
Why does nobody like the functional sleeves? Assuming that you dont have to adjust the sleeve length more than 0.5", I think its a cool extra detail to an already well made coat.post #225 of 61274/26/12 at 2:53pmThe functional buttons are fine for me - I got a 38L and only needed the sleeves lengthened about 1/2", so it was OK. But if I had needed more of an extension, either the tailoring would have been prohibitively expensive or would not have looked good.
My problem is that there are five sleeve buttons. I'd prefer four or three.
Still, I think it's a good value and I'm very happy with the coat. It has a pretty open weave and is only half-lined, so it should be nice and cool in the summer.
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 2117 Active Users (395 Members and 1722 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of jeans do you own? 4 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)