+1, it's not a staple suit. To me you should have a staple suit in each color (navy, charcoal) before you start building into a suit like the Washington.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 15post #211 of 126854/24/12 at 4:41pmpost #212 of 126854/24/12 at 8:27pmpost #213 of 126854/25/12 at 9:19ampost #214 of 126854/25/12 at 7:40pmpost #215 of 126854/26/12 at 8:42ampost #216 of 126854/26/12 at 8:53amQuote:
This is my gray one that I posted earlier Diesel man..Dark charcoal gray. I think the darkest they have and it does not appear to look black under lightpost #217 of 126854/26/12 at 9:14ampost #218 of 126854/26/12 at 12:04pmpost #219 of 126854/26/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The charcoal i got from the F/W collection looks like the other 2 charcoal's I've owned in my life, neither of which would be confused as black. The one i have is close to this.post #220 of 126854/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #221 of 126854/26/12 at 12:38pmpost #222 of 126854/26/12 at 1:25pmpost #223 of 126854/26/12 at 1:37pmQuote:
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly casual sportcoat.post #224 of 126854/26/12 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by PCyclone
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly casual sportcoat.
Why does nobody like the functional sleeves? Assuming that you dont have to adjust the sleeve length more than 0.5", I think its a cool extra detail to an already well made coat.post #225 of 126854/26/12 at 2:53pmThe functional buttons are fine for me - I got a 38L and only needed the sleeves lengthened about 1/2", so it was OK. But if I had needed more of an extension, either the tailoring would have been prohibitively expensive or would not have looked good.
My problem is that there are five sleeve buttons. I'd prefer four or three.
Still, I think it's a good value and I'm very happy with the coat. It has a pretty open weave and is only half-lined, so it should be nice and cool in the summer.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Currently, there are 952 Active Users (129 Members and 823 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › DROP Engineered Garments Fireman Jacket Small 25 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 32 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 36 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Ready to Wear Suits Help 44 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding