+1, it's not a staple suit. To me you should have a staple suit in each color (navy, charcoal) before you start building into a suit like the Washington.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 15post #211 of 143454/24/12 at 4:41pmpost #212 of 143454/24/12 at 8:27pmpost #213 of 143454/25/12 at 9:19ampost #214 of 143454/25/12 at 7:40pmpost #215 of 143454/26/12 at 8:42ampost #216 of 143454/26/12 at 8:53amQuote:
This is my gray one that I posted earlier Diesel man..Dark charcoal gray. I think the darkest they have and it does not appear to look black under lightpost #217 of 143454/26/12 at 9:14ampost #218 of 143454/26/12 at 12:04pmpost #219 of 143454/26/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The charcoal i got from the F/W collection looks like the other 2 charcoal's I've owned in my life, neither of which would be confused as black. The one i have is close to this.post #220 of 143454/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #221 of 143454/26/12 at 12:38pmpost #222 of 143454/26/12 at 1:25pmpost #223 of 143454/26/12 at 1:37pmQuote:
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly casual sportcoat.post #224 of 143454/26/12 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by PCyclone
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly casual sportcoat.
Why does nobody like the functional sleeves? Assuming that you dont have to adjust the sleeve length more than 0.5", I think its a cool extra detail to an already well made coat.post #225 of 143454/26/12 at 2:53pmThe functional buttons are fine for me - I got a 38L and only needed the sleeves lengthened about 1/2", so it was OK. But if I had needed more of an extension, either the tailoring would have been prohibitively expensive or would not have looked good.
My problem is that there are five sleeve buttons. I'd prefer four or three.
Still, I think it's a good value and I'm very happy with the coat. It has a pretty open weave and is only half-lined, so it should be nice and cool in the summer.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Currently, there are 1055 Active Users (95 Members and 960 Guests)
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 15 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Suit too tight? 24 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...