or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 135

post #2011 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

 

Shit that's cheaper than I thought!

 

 

Dibs all 24's! 

 

How difficult is the outlet to get to, if one was flying in? Would it be better to fly to Brussels and take the Train, or is Amsterdam a better bet? 

 

Actually I've found this link - http://www.mcarthurglen.com/nl/designer-outlet-roermond/en/plan-your-visit/getting-here/

 

Very interesting. A suit supply overseas shopping trip might be in order. 

Fly into Dusseldorf International Airport - lots more connection and low-cost airlines serving this airport.

 

Hire a BMW 1 series from Sitx from €55 per day and Roermond only 30/40 minutes drive (60km) along the

beautifully smooth German auotbahn - remember to slow down when you're in the Netherlands.

 

The cheapest Jacket with working buttons this month was €29 - original retail price was €199 last summer.  

post #2012 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

 

Amsterdam would be easier. From Brussels by train you'd have to go Brussels -> Liege -> Maastricht -> Roermond

 

Cheers!

I just had a look online. 21 euro return from Amsterdam to Roermond. Trains leave every half an hour, direct, no changing trains. 2 hours each way.

 

Opens at 10, closes at 8. If you were on the 08:00 you'd be in the outlet by 10:30. Spend a while wandering around, and then jump on the train back - say the 14:00 - you're back in amsterdam by 16:00. 

 

Still plenty of time for women, weed and beer!

 

(Am now seriously considering this when I'm next in London)

post #2013 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Fly into Dusseldorf International Airport - lots more connection and low-cost airlines serving this airport.

 

Hire a BMW 1 series from Sitx from €55 per day and Roermond only 30/40 minutes drive (60km) along the

beautifully smooth German auotbahn - remember to slow down when you're in the Netherlands.

 

The cheapest Jacket with working buttons this month was €29 - original retail price was €199 last summer.  

Best time to go is every Thursday of the week - when fresh supply arrive from the factory.

 

There also a SuitSupply outlet in Ashford (Kent) - UK, similar prices but in ££ 

post #2014 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

 

Cheers!

I just had a look online. 21 euro return from Amsterdam to Roermond. Trains leave every half an hour, direct, no changing trains. 2 hours each way.

 

Opens at 10, closes at 8. If you were on the 08:00 you'd be in the outlet by 10:30. Spend a while wandering around, and then jump on the train back - say the 14:00 - you're back in amsterdam by 16:00. 

 

Still plenty of time for women, weed and beer!

 

(Am now seriously considering this when I'm next in London)

 

Avoid Amsterdam RedLightDistrict (it's for tourists), all the local Amsterdam folks drive to

Roermond and Dusselfdorf for the wom@n ;-)

 

Google "Yin Yang Roermond"


Edited by Ilovelobbs - 4/25/13 at 5:38am
post #2015 of 6753
Seems like a sound business idea. Might look into doing that. I could just call in ahead and ask about their stock, post it online, people can sign up for their suit/size, and I'll drive there the next day in order to pick them up. The only downside is that I'd have to receive all the payments up front, or else I wouldn't be able to afford that many suits. I'm sure someone with a little more working capital could pull off this idea.
post #2016 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Seems like a sound business idea. Might look into doing that. I could just call in ahead and ask about their stock, post it online, people can sign up for their suit/size, and I'll drive there the next day in order to pick them up. The only downside is that I'd have to receive all the payments up front, or else I wouldn't be able to afford that many suits. I'm sure someone with a little more working capital could pull off this idea.

€10K to €15K loans are only 5% APR max...Take a little risk now and be rewarded in the long-run.....

 

If you can pick suits for €99 and sell them here for say €195 - that's easy money.

post #2017 of 6753
Wow...I would be all over anything in 52 at those prices
post #2018 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

€10K to €15K loans are only 5% APR max...Take a little risk now and be rewarded in the long-run.....

 

If you can pick suits for €99 and sell them here for say €195 - that's easy money.

Haha, I don't really have room to transport and store 100 suits, and I doubt I'd find 100 paying customers. Nevertheless, it's not a bad business idea, albeit on a smaller scale. It makes me wonder why no one has attempted it before?

Besides, I wouldn't really do it to make much money out of it, more as a favor for SF members.

post #2019 of 6753

I've been watching the page lately and I like some suits. They don't ship to Mexico, but someone offered to receive them for me in the US and send them to Mexico. Problem is that the photos of the site are not what I would like to see (short jackets), so does any of you have this suit that fits well?

 

 

 

Also I was watching this one:

 

 

19.5 inches from shoulder to shoulder on the 40L? Is that accurate?

post #2020 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I've been watching the page lately and I like some suits. They don't ship to Mexico, but someone offered to receive them for me in the US and send them to Mexico. Problem is that the photos of the site are not what I would like to see (short jackets), so does any of you have this suit that fits well?

 

 

 

Also I was watching this one:

 

 

19.5 inches from shoulder to shoulder on the 40L? Is that accurate?

 

 

 

 

The length of my Soho DB suit jacket is perfect imho, really wouldn't want it any longer.

post #2021 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

 

The length of my Soho DB suit jacket is perfect imho, really wouldn't want it any longer.

 

Did you buy L or R?

post #2022 of 6753
Any insights on their MTM process (or key posts from the thread I may have missed)?

How hard is it to get them to undo some of their more forward design traits (like the short jackets) when you go with the MTM options? I've got one of their stores here so some back and forth is ok, but what should I know before going in?
post #2023 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

I've been watching the page lately and I like some suits. They don't ship to Mexico, but someone offered to receive them for me in the US and send them to Mexico. Problem is that the photos of the site are not what I would like to see (short jackets), so does any of you have this suit that fits well?

 

 

 

Also I was watching this one:

 

 

19.5 inches from shoulder to shoulder on the 40L? Is that accurate?

Most of their cuts are Italian -

 

I am usually a 44R - but I go up 46R on their Italian cut.

post #2024 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Haha, I don't really have room to transport and store 100 suits, and I doubt I'd find 100 paying customers. Nevertheless, it's not a bad business idea, albeit on a smaller scale. It makes me wonder why no one has attempted it before?
Besides, I wouldn't really do it to make much money out of it, more as a favor for SF members.

I'm in !!
post #2025 of 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Most of their cuts are Italian -

 

I am usually a 44R - but I go up 46R on their Italian cut.

 

Thanks. I need from shoulder to shoulder seam at least 19". So I was checking the measurements, in the fisrt one, the Soho, if I'm not wrong the 44L has 19.3, so that will work... but the other one a 40 with 19.4"? I would still go with the 42L so that the chest fits nicely. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC