Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:56 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 125
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1862 of 71504/11/13 at 5:01ampost #1863 of 71504/11/13 at 5:49ampost #1864 of 71504/11/13 at 6:05ampost #1865 of 71504/11/13 at 6:13ampost #1866 of 71504/11/13 at 8:38am@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.
the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.post #1867 of 71504/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by f-tard
@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.
the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.
F-tard: have you taken a look at the Washington in navy herringbone? Based purely on the pictures on their website it may be a more true blue (albeit a lighter navy). I personally would not mind the hue of the one you purchased, especially if it is for festive events; but to each is own.post #1868 of 71504/11/13 at 11:15am@bbhues - yeah, that navy herringbone is a nice color but the width of the herringbone pattern kind of bugs me. all personal taste, but a season back they had a much more subtle herringbone pattern which would be my personal preference. hmm, you may be right...if I'm just wearing this on the weekend to parties or weddings, the purplish hue should be fine. I wanted a more airforce blue navy, but oh well. Any idea how often suitsupply rotates their fabrics, is it by the standard dual seasons a year? Do they have more selection in store?post #1869 of 71504/11/13 at 2:08pmpost #1870 of 71504/11/13 at 6:13pmAnyone have the Napoli Light Grey Faux Uni? Does anyone know if it's a heavy cloth, or more light weight?
I'm in a wedding this summer and the bride has requested we wear medium to light grey suits. Tried the light grey napoli but didn't like the stripes of the cloth. Tried the Havana grey but wasn't crazy on the fit, but the cloth was a nice light weight. Would have been great for summer if the fit was right.post #1871 of 71504/11/13 at 7:19pmpost #1872 of 71504/11/13 at 8:07pmpost #1873 of 71504/11/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Quote:
The dress shirts are decent. The fit is the best I can get off the rack with my long arms and prominent chest. I do have to take in the sides a lot though and add darts to the back of all of them. However there is no off the rack dress shirt, save for armani, that fits compensates for my long arms and chest off the rack. This pic is not perfect and the dress shirt is not perfect but it gives you a decent idea.post #1874 of 71504/11/13 at 11:16pmQuote:
Functioning cuffs are great!
I'm short (5'7") and I've found that nearly all SS cuts work on me bar the Washington. If anything I need the sleeves taken up on the Sienna maybe 0.5-1.0cm. But that can be done from the sleeve, not from the shoulder.post #1875 of 71504/12/13 at 8:19am
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 2 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa GMTO Sport Coat: Operation Giacca, Oct 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...