Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 125post #1862 of 129474/11/13 at 5:01ampost #1863 of 129474/11/13 at 5:49ampost #1864 of 129474/11/13 at 6:05ampost #1865 of 129474/11/13 at 6:13ampost #1866 of 129474/11/13 at 8:38am@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.
the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.post #1867 of 129474/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by f-tard
@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.
the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.
F-tard: have you taken a look at the Washington in navy herringbone? Based purely on the pictures on their website it may be a more true blue (albeit a lighter navy). I personally would not mind the hue of the one you purchased, especially if it is for festive events; but to each is own.post #1868 of 129474/11/13 at 11:15am@bbhues - yeah, that navy herringbone is a nice color but the width of the herringbone pattern kind of bugs me. all personal taste, but a season back they had a much more subtle herringbone pattern which would be my personal preference. hmm, you may be right...if I'm just wearing this on the weekend to parties or weddings, the purplish hue should be fine. I wanted a more airforce blue navy, but oh well. Any idea how often suitsupply rotates their fabrics, is it by the standard dual seasons a year? Do they have more selection in store?post #1869 of 129474/11/13 at 2:08pmpost #1870 of 129474/11/13 at 6:13pmAnyone have the Napoli Light Grey Faux Uni? Does anyone know if it's a heavy cloth, or more light weight?
I'm in a wedding this summer and the bride has requested we wear medium to light grey suits. Tried the light grey napoli but didn't like the stripes of the cloth. Tried the Havana grey but wasn't crazy on the fit, but the cloth was a nice light weight. Would have been great for summer if the fit was right.post #1871 of 129474/11/13 at 7:19pmpost #1872 of 129474/11/13 at 8:07pmpost #1873 of 129474/11/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Quote:
The dress shirts are decent. The fit is the best I can get off the rack with my long arms and prominent chest. I do have to take in the sides a lot though and add darts to the back of all of them. However there is no off the rack dress shirt, save for armani, that fits compensates for my long arms and chest off the rack. This pic is not perfect and the dress shirt is not perfect but it gives you a decent idea.post #1874 of 129474/11/13 at 11:16pmQuote:
Functioning cuffs are great!
I'm short (5'7") and I've found that nearly all SS cuts work on me bar the Washington. If anything I need the sleeves taken up on the Sienna maybe 0.5-1.0cm. But that can be done from the sleeve, not from the shoulder.post #1875 of 129474/12/13 at 8:19am
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 3 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 36 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League 16/17 5 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shuttle Notes x Steven Alan Houndstooth western shirt S 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding