Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 125post #1862 of 141334/11/13 at 5:01ampost #1863 of 141334/11/13 at 5:49ampost #1864 of 141334/11/13 at 6:05ampost #1865 of 141334/11/13 at 6:13ampost #1866 of 141334/11/13 at 8:38am@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.
the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.post #1867 of 141334/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by f-tard
@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.
the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.
F-tard: have you taken a look at the Washington in navy herringbone? Based purely on the pictures on their website it may be a more true blue (albeit a lighter navy). I personally would not mind the hue of the one you purchased, especially if it is for festive events; but to each is own.post #1868 of 141334/11/13 at 11:15am@bbhues - yeah, that navy herringbone is a nice color but the width of the herringbone pattern kind of bugs me. all personal taste, but a season back they had a much more subtle herringbone pattern which would be my personal preference. hmm, you may be right...if I'm just wearing this on the weekend to parties or weddings, the purplish hue should be fine. I wanted a more airforce blue navy, but oh well. Any idea how often suitsupply rotates their fabrics, is it by the standard dual seasons a year? Do they have more selection in store?post #1869 of 141334/11/13 at 2:08pmpost #1870 of 141334/11/13 at 6:13pmAnyone have the Napoli Light Grey Faux Uni? Does anyone know if it's a heavy cloth, or more light weight?
I'm in a wedding this summer and the bride has requested we wear medium to light grey suits. Tried the light grey napoli but didn't like the stripes of the cloth. Tried the Havana grey but wasn't crazy on the fit, but the cloth was a nice light weight. Would have been great for summer if the fit was right.post #1871 of 141334/11/13 at 7:19pmpost #1872 of 141334/11/13 at 8:07pmpost #1873 of 141334/11/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Quote:
The dress shirts are decent. The fit is the best I can get off the rack with my long arms and prominent chest. I do have to take in the sides a lot though and add darts to the back of all of them. However there is no off the rack dress shirt, save for armani, that fits compensates for my long arms and chest off the rack. This pic is not perfect and the dress shirt is not perfect but it gives you a decent idea.post #1874 of 141334/11/13 at 11:16pmQuote:
Functioning cuffs are great!
I'm short (5'7") and I've found that nearly all SS cuts work on me bar the Washington. If anything I need the sleeves taken up on the Sienna maybe 0.5-1.0cm. But that can be done from the sleeve, not from the shoulder.post #1875 of 141334/12/13 at 8:19am
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › DROP: Navy Mackintosh Dunoon Size Medium 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...